Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Two seasons worth of turd performances have taken their toll, everyone is cranky this off season.
Am prescribing everyone a triple dose of the 2015 Grand Final to loosen up, stop bickering and remember why we’re all here in the first place. :)

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Going by Latrells version of events, Coach Robinson first used the word entitled and then probably Latrell used the word cause he just said it in describing his interaction with CR. How I read it.
Latrell does come across as a sook, worlds against me type, my shit sandwich tastes worse than your shit sandwich kind of guy....but his footy is special and we have gambled on worse personalitys in the past.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Am prescribing everyone a triple dose of the 2015 Grand Final to loosen up, stop bickering and remember why we’re all here in the first place. :)
I watched some of the grand final the other week-I didn’t feel any emotion at the time of the win, but watching the replay recently, got emotional :(

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Two seasons worth of turd performances have taken their toll, everyone is cranky this off season.
I've just been working to much....21 days straight, so not trying to offend anyone.....SORRY

Cowboy Rookie

Junior
Reaction score
Clifford signs contract extension
The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have agreed to a one-year contract extension with homegrown playmaker Jake Clifford, which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2021 season.

The Tully Tigers junior has played 21 NRL games since making his debut late in the 2018 season.

A product of the Cowboys Academy program, Clifford was named NYC Player of the Year in the competition’s final season in 2017.

Along with earning an NRL debut in 2018, Clifford was also named Queensland Cup Rookie of the Year and Cowboys Rookie of the Year.

The 21-year-old played 15 games for the Cowboys in 2019, scoring three tries and booting 18 goals from 26 attempts.

“We’re delighted to keep one of our really good young players at the club,” Cowboys Director of Football Peter Parr said.

“We wanted to ensure we gave Jake some time to keep developing his game. It’s often difficult for young halves coming into first grade given the pressure on the position they play and we think this extension will allow everyone to be patient while Jake continues to develop his game.

“We have no doubt he will develop into a really top-level NRL halfback and have a long career at the Cowboys.”

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Reading between the lines:

“We’re delighted to keep one of our really good young players at the club,” Cowboys Director of Football Peter Parr said.

“We wanted to ensure we gave Jake some time to keep developing his game with the Pride. It’s often difficult for young halves coming into first grade given our poor coaching and development and we think this extension will allow Jake to develop without the pressure of having to play first grade for the Cowboys."

“We have no doubt he will develop into a really top-level NRL halfback in 2022 for another club.”

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'd have waited a while to re-sign if I was him to see where he's at in the pecking order. He really could be anywhere with Drinky now looking to play in the halves and TMM perhaps still being around as well. Green loves throwing Asiata in there as well as we all know.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I'd have waited a while to re-sign if I was him to see where he's at in the pecking order. He really could be anywhere with Drinky now looking to play in the halves and TMM perhaps still being around as well. Green loves throwing Asiata in there as well as we all know.
Bingo! I reckon the Cows got him on the cheap. Smart move by the club signing him at his lowest value with rumours Drinky will be playing in the halves. Not so smart move by Jake.

If I'm being less cynical (not a hard task) then perhaps it's a reward for training hard in the off-season. Maybe he's impressed with maturity. Maybe he's been so good that he's locked in a starting spot for 2020. Maybe Greeny has completely changed his view of him.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe Clifford signed the contract on his terms-wanted to see what’s about at 2021, have a great couple of seasons increase value..see what Coach Greens doing..