Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Latest info re: Latrell saga from the Brisbane Times. Speculation about speculation really.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-approach-toronto-wolfpack-to-solve-latrell-headache-20191202-p53g5q.html

This excerpt from the article was what interested me most:

When he met with the Cowboys, club officials asked what appealed most about playing in Townsville.

He didn’t talk about winning premierships, about playing at the club’s new stadium, about taking the field alongside Jason Taumalolo or Michael Morgan.
"Fishing and shooting," he said.

HFC_Cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
Latest info re: Latrell saga from the Brisbane Times. Speculation about speculation really.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-approach-toronto-wolfpack-to-solve-latrell-headache-20191202-p53g5q.html

When he met with the Cowboys, club officials asked what appealed most about playing in Townsville.

He didn’t talk about winning premierships, about playing at the club’s new stadium, about taking the field alongside Jason Taumalolo or Michael Morgan.
Call me a cynic but that article reads more like a Roosters-influenced lazily-narratived hatchet job on Latrell than anything with much bearing on reality.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Call me a cynic but that article reads more like a Roosters-influenced lazily-narratived hatchet job on Latrell than anything with much bearing on reality.
You are probably more of a critic (less negative connotations). It has all been speculation on speculation. They keep talking about mismanagement. Won't know that until it is all over.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Probably the most honest reply ever given in an job interview. It is what a normal 22 yo would be thinking, the rest is just the responsibility that goes with it.

What 22 yo has a Dream to play at the Cowboys new Stadium and to play alongside certain individuals. Sure, it is an almighty feat to achieve, but really , it is basically a scripted reply to impress the Boss.

' Fishing and Shooting ' in Townsville sounds a lot healthier than Kings Cross to me, except for the Fish and the Pigs of course.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Probably the most honest reply ever given in an job interview. It is what a normal 22 yo would be thinking, the rest is just the responsibility that goes with it.

What 22 yo has a Dream to play at the Cowboys new Stadium and to play alongside certain individuals. Sure, it is an almighty feat to achieve, but really , it is basically a scripted reply to impress the Boss.

' Fishing and Shooting ' in Townsville sounds a lot healthier than Kings Cross to me, except for the Fish and the Pigs of course.

The guy is currently playing in one of the most successful teams of the modern era. Let's be real, he could fill us with heaps of heaps of warm and fuzzies like he wants to play under Greeny or how good our club is but at the end of the day it would be coming down to the money offered and the lifestyle he could live up here.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Greeny and warm and fuzzies are a contradiction.

It is good to see he isn't lazy like some people say he is and likes to go catch his own surf & turf.

Revivous

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Take what you want from it, but the Mole is reporting Arrow has agreed to terms with the Bunnies. Leaving Titans with a heap of dollars. Could make a play for Trell or sign Johnny...

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Game of Thrones ain’t got nothing on the NRL....

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
We dont need the Trell circus at the club disrupting the 2020 season.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Our seasons are disrupted or have turned shit, without Trell.
Gotta get pointscorers in our team-no 2 ways about it

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Our seasons are disrupted or have turned shit, without Trell.
Gotta get pointscorers in our team-no 2 ways about it
I still don't think we need him, i think he would have the same toxic impact that the Hayne Plain did at the Gold Coast.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
My feeling is if he scores trys, kicks goals, NQld will quickly get behind him.
He is just the type of player that carries very high expectations-has to play well every match, other players can get away with long runs of bad form..that's where most negativity surrounds him. Hasn't behaved badly in public as far as I'm aware.
He's been thrown in the deep end as soon as he entered first grade and always performs at each position he's played.
At centre sometimes the ball just doesn't get to you..He's still a junior and his mistakes are mostly from trying to hard with the ball and learning how to defend at centre, gives up easily when beaten.
Doesn't have many holes in his game, not much to fix.
Having him and Val would be out of this world.
Val alone gives the team new energy, hope of a complete turnaround.
I think the club are happy with Val impact already, that's good enough for them..Maybe the club has put in a low offer 800-900k and said that's our offer..up to Trell now.
Maybe Titans will go 1-1.1 million

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I still don't think we need him, i think he would have the same toxic impact that the Hayne Plain did at the Gold Coast.
Hayne may have been toxic... who knows. What I do know is the Gold Coast (location) is toxic in itself.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

Lol you say that like it’s a bad thing. If we can get great players to the club for NQ lifestyle reasons that is a good thing. These guys are not fans of the club. They are professionals who are doing a job.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Lol you say that like it’s a bad thing. If we can get great players to the club for NQ lifestyle reasons that is a good thing. These guys are not fans of the club. They are professionals who are doing a job.
No, I didn't say that. The article did. I just found that the most interesting.