Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
He wants fullback money, but he'll play where he's put

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I cant see anyone mad enough to pay it to him to play center. He just isnt good enough there consistently to justify it.

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Honestly if Mitchell had the same stats as a fullback people would say he's worth 1m. If he was playing for us he'd have his fingerprints on a lot of our points.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
In the end a player is worth what some one will pay them. Personally i don't think he is worth the million he wants but he does have alot of positives as well. Good goal kicker and on his day best centre in the comp by a mile..

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
In the end a player is worth what some one will pay them. Personally i don't think he is worth the million he wants but he does have alot of positives as well. Good goal kicker and on his day best centre in the comp by a mile..
Sounds like a new version of Jarryd Hayne

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
LM doesn't need fullback money. He is a dead set super star and he would be getting that kind of money. He has won games for the roosters nearly single handedly at centre early in 2019. Not many other players can claim that achievement from any position.

However, if we do have Val then he isn't coming. We don't have the money for both.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Fans should be salivating at LM being a Cowboy.
Not getting my hopes up, seems a longshot

The amount of negativity surrounding his potentual signing is hilarious. People scoffing at the thought of it as we already have guys like Opacic and O'Neill. In fact a lot of the Facebook crew turn their nose up any potential signing come to think of it. Anyone would think we didn't finish 13th and 14th in our last two seasons.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The amount of negativity surrounding his potentual signing is hilarious. People scoffing at the thought of it as we already have guys like Opacic and O'Neill. In fact a lot of the Facebook crew turn their nose up any potential signing come to think of it. Anyone would think we didn't finish 13th and 14th in our last two seasons.
Would you prefer LM over Val?

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think I'd prefer Holmes. As a non-Roosters support I often get frustrated at Latrell's laziness.

Bangkok Cowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
A centre is not the answer to our problems especially at that price. I think Val is better value for money he can play more positions and comes with less baggage, there are too many variables that come with LM for mine. I think once things settle down he will stay at the chooks unless he gets chased for big $ like SBW.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I like both but I think our backline would look a lot more dangerous with Latrell, particularly if he played centre. Would mean we could leave Drinkwater where he is. I'm not prepared to give up on Clifford just yet.. sounds like he'd be the casualty if we replaced Drinky at fb.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Val can only play fb or wing
LM can play fb centre wing probably 5/8

I want to see Val make a go of it at NFL, so would choose LM, even though some negativity about him...might be able to turn that image around like JT did

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
If Val doesn’t sign then we can’t go into another season with $1m left to spend under the cap. We need a gun back to be able to compete next year.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If Val doesn’t sign then we can’t go into another season with $1m left to spend under the cap. We need a gun back to be able to compete next year.
Who’s to say the Roosters would even let him go early? He is still contracted for 2020 to them so I don’t know who else we could go for tbh. We’ve waited around for Val it seems for eternity and it’s probably going to be all for nothing imo.

Last edited:

Charlie124

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Who’s to say the Roosters would even let him go early? He is still contracted for 2020 to them so I don’t know who else we could go for tbh. We’ve waited around for Val it seems for eternity and it’s probably going to be all for nothing imo.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldogs-out-of-the-race-for-latrell/3fd88eb3-2b87-421b-8b7f-e578a62f28f8?ref=BP_RSS_ninesport_0_bulldogs-pull-out-of-race-to-sign-latrell_081119

According to this article they would let him go for 2020 provided they're compensated. No direct quotes from the Roosters saying as much so take it with a grain of salt.

Honestly, at this point im leaning towards LM over Val as i think he just offers more versatility as far as covering FB, Wing, Centre, 5/8, he's also a very good goal kicker. With the Roosters pulling their offer and now the Bulldogs out of the race, i wouldn't be surprised if we could land LM for less than Val too, especially if his desire to come to us is in fact genuine.

Time will tell, i suppose.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Think I would, not that I think VH a lesser player, more just concerned about coming back from "the dream". We all know how that worked out for the last bloke.
My only concern with LM would be his mental fortitude, he did have a few "lazy" games this year. In say that though, when he's on, he'll rip most teams a new arsehole

Just on him though, how old is he? 22? Has 1 kid & 1 on the way wtf, haven't these young blokes heard of condoms???? I sure as shit know if I was a young superstar footballer I wouldn't be locking myself in at such a young age

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Latrell is an amazing player. Laughable to say otherwise.
When he is on he is an amazing player. My issues with him are he is a dickhead, and he goes missing. He is incredibly lazy at times and he doesn't perform to his ability every week ( which is probably why the Roosters tied up Manu before him because he does ) to warrant a huge contract, hence my Hayne comparison.

I'd take the Mitchell from the first 7 or 8 rounds this year in a heartbeat, I wouldn't touch the one for the money he wants that finished off the year.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think Mitchell is a very good player, but Val is a better fit for us, imo.