Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Any league talent with a background in union would be on union's radar. A lot of successful league players do not successfully transition to union (which the ARU learnt the hard way in the past), but those who actually have played union understand the rules and all the nuances that make it different to league.

Hopefully for us, Hammer just loves league, the Cowboys and the NQ region. Code hoping mercenaries like Andre, I meant Kalyn, Ponga will always be realistic options for union.
Australian Union won't be any threat to the NRL for the rest of this decade.

BDR

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
John Bateman anyone?
Great player. I would take him but supposedly there are fat contracts on the table from Wigan and the Dogs. Don't know if we could match it.

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
$800k is probably out of our reach.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He played 1 season of Union for a high school scholarship before the cows snapped him up.. no chance he will go to union.
This.

He ended up at his union school (sorry, can’t think of name) through a track & field scholarship. Dabbled in union whilst there.
I don’t think union is any threat at all.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Donkeys are now copping it for releasing Josh McGuire. And even vindictive old Wayne has weighed in lol

Not only has McGuire been a good player for us (excluding his grubby play), but look at the way he fired up, and held the group accountable, after the Tigers loss. Then look at our response a week later. The Donkeys could sure do with McGuire right now... but I am glad he is not there. Instead of demanding their team mates lift, they are sitting on social media, and feeling hurt by the criticism of fans. Instead of responding to recent humiliating losses, they then are 22-0 down at half time to the Gold Coast Titans rflmao lol.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Can you visualise the uproar that will occur if we are able to snare cowboy Corey?
Corey Oats? No, I hope not. He is way out of form, and I think because of the style of footy he plays, he has a bit of wear and tear on his body.

I am comfortable for us to have the size (and aerial ability) of King Kyle on one wing, and the speed and x-factor of the Hammer, on the other.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Somebody on this forum was saying only last week that Feldt is behind Oates in the Origin selection stakes.

Seems a pretty ridiculous statement now.

I dunno, I probably still wouldn't put it past Kevvie to select Oates even if he doesn't play another game this year