Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

Revivous

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Molo wasn't a flashy junior (to my knowledge). He joined our club without a big reputation, possibly even unwanted by the Donkies. That is probably holding him back (compared to the likes of our other forwards who have big reputations, even if playing poorly at the moment).

It's not uncommon for Parr/Green to underrate a lesser name player, but this Stampede (excluding Green fanboys) to overrate the same player.
Donks wanted Mago and we were happy to be rid of him, so we swapped for Molo. Had read reports that Mago has a bit of an ego on him and wasn't putting in.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of McLean either. I'll be pissed if we lose Molo because he starts chasing a starting role. Not sure what more he can do to get an opportunity tbh
People talk about the little things McLean is doing. Well what I do see is that he goes to ground relatively easy when he hits the ball up, and he can be a bit of a liability in D because he just lacks lateral movement.

Somebody should show him a picture of how big he is, and tell him to start running like it.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
At what point is injury no longer an excuse, and he is simply an overpaid player that offers us very little?
I don't think I need to answer your Q as others have said it all.

But, I also wouldn't swap Francis for anyone else. He's a weapon and gives us exactly what we need when he comes on.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
How wasn’t Molo a flashy junior? You don’t represent Queensland Under 16s, 18s and 20s and then play Under 20s for the Broncos unless you are very highly regarded.

Molo is simply showing the potential he has always had - his career simply got sidetracked for a bit by what happened when he was playing against the Falcons.

Getting Molo and trading out Mago (plodder) was a terrific piece of business by the club.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Also worth pointing out that props typically mature later than players in other positions. Frank is only 25 and is starting to hit his prime now.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
How wasn’t Molo a flashy junior? You don’t represent Queensland Under 16s, 18s and 20s and then play Under 20s for the Broncos unless you are very highly regarded.

Molo is simply showing the potential he has always had - his career simply got sidetracked for a bit by what happened when he was playing against the Falcons.

Getting Molo and trading out Mago (plodder) was a terrific piece of business by the club.
Mago played well for us.

Howcome its alright for Molos career to get sidetracked-you could say the same about Mago after he left us-sidetracked.
Mago could come out this year and play well, Coach Bennett has a wrap on him.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Mago played well for us.

Howcome its alright for Molos career to get sidetracked-you could say the same about Mago after he left us-sidetracked.
Mago could come out this year and play well, Coach Bennett has a wrap on him.
A player he shoulder charged died. That tends to have an affect on someone. You buffoon.

paulo_w

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A player he shoulder charged died. That tends to have an affect on someone. You buffoon.
Molo played Nrl and then moved back to Qcup, before that tackle. Similiar to Mago.
He resumed playing footy not long after his suspension. The next year he attempted the same tackle on the same team.
Whilst killing someone in the field probably has huge mental effects, Molo did choose to play thru that. Other players who languish or get sidetracked have issues to deal with too, was my point.

I do not like on the forum the people who throw insults, instead of explaining their thoughts and having a civil conversation.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
That shouldn’t need to be explained.
Agree with your sentiments 100%.
Molo had to face issues no player should ever have to face. Credit to him that he is where he is.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
That shouldn’t need to be explained.
Agree with your sentiments 100%.
Molo had to face issues no player should ever have to face. Credit to him that he is where he is.
He has done exceptionally well, but its taken him a while really. They had big wraps on him at Brisbane but his issue was ( as was mentioned earlier ) he didnt seem to learn his lesson and adapt his game after the tragedy. He didnt listen to the advice he was getting and he was becoming a liability with his tackling style so the donkeys probably did the right thing in letting him go. ITs clicked for him here and i think we have the number one bench impact player in the game right now.