Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Recruitment and Retention thread

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I must be one of a few that don't mind this. His foot could still be a concern tho
I don't think he is a bad player but I think he is overpaid at present. I think Molo did more for us last season and is probably paid a lot less

Spacey

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think he is a bad player but I think he is overpaid at present. I think Molo did more for us last season and is probably paid a lot less
Yeah I understand. Green went out hard to get him. I still think his foot ain't 100%. Well maybe it is after all these 2 off seasons.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people miss the little things McLean does. We've had players previously that copped a canning in here from people who missed those things too.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A few rep coaches must have missed those little things also.

Actually, they don't seem to be missing them at all it seems.
I think you may find it has had more to do with injury.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
When did this conversation shift to being about Morgo ??

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of McLean either. I'll be pissed if we lose Molo because he starts chasing a starting role. Not sure what more he can do to get an opportunity tbh

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
We are talking about McLean.
Yes I know, but the same sentence could be used in conversations re. Morgo.
IMO McLean starts ahead of Molo everyday, in any team in the NRL. I love Francis, and yes he is increasing his minutes, but McLean gets to run on.

Metro

First Grader
Reaction score
Yes I know, but the same sentence could be used in conversations re. Morgo.
IMO McLean starts ahead of Molo everyday, in any team in the NRL. I love Francis, and yes he is increasing his minutes, but McLean gets to run on.
Molo is better now - I like McLean as a player but Francis is a better player.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Molo is better now - I like McLean as a player but Francis is a better player.
As good as Molo has been, he has only really hit his straps so far as a bench player. I think last year he was probably the best bench forward in the comp.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
As good as Molo has been, he has only really hit his straps so far as a bench player. I think last year he was probably the best bench forward in the comp.

It's not like he's had the opportunity to prove he's anything else. When he's looked like he might have a chance of getting a go players like Bolton and Asiata have been selected ahead of him. That's my issue.

Billythefish

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
It's not like he's had the opportunity to prove he's anything else. When he's looked like he might have a chance of getting a go players like Bolton and Asiata have been selected ahead of him. That's my issue.
I don't really think he has ever been in a position to pressure those guys earlier in his career. He was rebuilding his game with us after the dreadful James Ackerman incident and last year was the first year he really stepped up to the plate consistently. I think the role he plays is actually crucial. Nothing wrong with being a bench impact player imo.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Molo wasn't a flashy junior (to my knowledge). He joined our club without a big reputation, possibly even unwanted by the Donkies. That is probably holding him back (compared to the likes of our other forwards who have big reputations, even if playing poorly at the moment).

It's not uncommon for Parr/Green to underrate a lesser name player, but this Stampede (excluding Green fanboys) to overrate the same player.