Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2020 Jersey Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
'Chosen One' wins jersey design comp
Cowboys.com.au
Tue 11 Feb 2020, 02:00 PM

The creative force born from a blend of North Queensland rugby league connection and Aboriginal heritage has delivered a unique winning design for the 2020 Cowboys Indigenous jersey.

'Chosen One', designed by Nambour artist William Chambers, has taken out first place in the annual Cowboys Indigenous Jersey Design Competition and now adorns this year's striking Cowboys Indigenous jersey.

Cowboy Scott Drinkwater proudly wears the 2020 Indigenous jersey

The Cowboys will play in the jersey for their Indigenous Round match against the Rabbitohs at Queensland Country Bank Stadium on Friday 22 May, followed by a post-match jersey auction to raise funds for the Cowboys Community Foundation.

The jersey exclusively features the Cowboys Community Foundation branding in the sternum position, thanks to major partner Diageo Australia, who have generously given up their 'Bundaberg Rum' branding position in support of the Foundation and its work in supporting the Indigenous community in North Queensland.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2020/02/11/chosen-one-wins-jersey-design-comp

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
YES!!!!! Finally an indigenous jersey that didn't use every coloured crayon. Love it.

Eerily similar to my recolour of last season's jersey (original on the left, mine on the right):

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it just be better to design one in Blue,Grey and a slice of gold, you know, like our colours.

This looks like a Titans Aboriginal jersey.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I’m neither Indigenous nor into art, so I don’t normally comment on the art that goes into our indigenous jersey.

In this case, I just wanted to say I think it looks a whole lot nicer in the email shot than it does in the worn shot.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
@Beaves NQ

Wife asked which Cows jersey she could borrow for our trip to Townsville for the first game. I showed her which jerseys I have and her response was "nah, I want that one" pointing to a picture of the '95. Married for 18 years but I don't think I've ever been prouder.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bernster

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I’m considering wearing my JT Testimonial Jersey to the first home game - after all, it is the house he wanted built and he got it :D