Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 State of Origin Game Three - Teams & Discussion

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
ANZ sounds like a fkn library out there. You’d hardly know they just won the series from a try in the last minute.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Basically the worst possible result. Morgo injured so I couldn't criticise them for benching him and we have an honorable loss.
I'm still choosing to blame Mbye because his shithouse attempt to milk a penalty took the chance away from DCE to attempt a FG in our last set

So in summary Kevvy still cost us the series

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Incumbency is f***ing done. Next years team must be selected with a clean slate. Not this "he's done the job" BS they always come out with. We've now lost two series in a row and despite the close scoreline here we are miles behind NSW. We need some young players to announce themselves between now and next series for us to have a chance.

Great game by Lowey. He can hold his head high.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Ethan Lowe put in one of the great debuts you’ll ever see in an origin arena. So proud of the bloke. If that’s what we can expect from him in the origin arena I’ll be happy for him to take over from Gillett on that edge permanently.

Like Jordan said we need some new players to announce themselves for next year. Preferably 2 centres and a couple of metre eating middle forwards would be nice. Nathan Friend being fit and playing similar footy to what he was this year before his injury will be a handy inclusion too.

Mbye hopefully never puts on another Maroons jersey again. Most players can hold their heads up from tonight’s performance.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Boyd Cordner sounds like someone has hit the slow-mo button when he speaks. Seriously feel dumber every time he opens his mouth.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Crazy how Jake Friend returns from injury this week, days after the series ends. Would've loved to have seen him in the #9.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Crazy how Jake Friend returns from injury this week, days after the series ends. Would've loved to have seen him in the #9.
Hunt was serviceable this series, but his delivery at times was Jake Granville like. Friend was in career best form before his injury. He’d have have slotted in nicely to this side.

Adam_S

Junior
Reaction score
Ethan Lowe put in one of the great debuts you’ll ever see in an origin arena. So proud of the bloke. If that’s what we can expect from him in the origin arena I’ll be happy for him to take over from Gillett on that edge permanently.
Letting him go to make space for Coen Hess was a top move, that's for sure.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Walters said he'd be back next year in the press conference. Kept bringing up how it's a changing of the guard and that we're heading in the right direction.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Walters said he'd be back next year in the press conference.
This is worse than the actual loss. Hopefully it's just emotions in the presser and he takes the Titans job.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
If he has any desire to be an NRL coach, we’ve almost certainly seen the last of him at the helm of QLD given the Titans job is up for grabs.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Walters was let down by some senior players tonight.

The first ten or so minutes of the 2nd half:

* Chambers runs 50 metres and loses the ball in the tackle. Undoing all the good work.
* Going into an attacking position Morgan puts up a bomb that goes out on the full.
* After making a good tackle to shut down a play, Kaufusi gives away a dumb penalty (5th tackle?) that leads to the 2nd NSW try.
* For the Blues 2nd try Chambers needed put his shoulder into the tackle and drop the NSW player. He hung on and slid with him all the way to the try line. Not sure what Gagai was doing.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
If he has any desire to be an NRL coach, we’ve almost certainly seen the last of him at the helm of QLD given the Titans job is up for grabs.

I know it's the Titans but surely no NRL club will touch him after how he's carried on like a nutcase this series.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I know it's the Titans but surely no NRL club will touch him after how he's carried on like a nutcase this series.
Yeah but the Titans are a basket case at the moment. And they’ve got Kevvie’s good mate Mal overseeing things there.

trey

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
So Michael Morgan in 18 months goes from being the Australian 5/8 in a World Cup final to being picked out of position in the centres for Qld and to then being picked on the bench for Qld (and being replaced by an equally inexperienced centre in mbye). There is no logical reason why Norman was starting 5/8 ahead of him. Another sign of Walters being a rubbish coach and not being up to the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So Michael Morgan in 18 months goes from being the Australian 5/8 in a World Cup final to being picked out of position in the centres for Qld and to then being picked on the bench for Qld (and being replaced by an equally inexperienced centre in mbye). There is no logical reason why Norman was starting 5/8 ahead of him. Another sign of Walters being a rubbish coach and not being up to the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish Morgan would've shown more than he did this series. You have to take your chances at this level. Instead of trying to prove the selectors wrong he seemed to be going through the motions at times. He seems to lack urgency. He was on the field for a couple of minutes and was already casually walking back on side. His running game seems to have regressed big time. I used to think he was almost as dangerous as Munster but now he hardly even looks like making a break. There have been instances this year where it's clear he's lost a yard of pace.. pretty alarming since that was always his strength he could turn to.

I know I'm being hard on Morgo but it's because I know the potential he has. He's at the point of his career where he has to take it to the next level.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Kind of amazing that Qld got so close after NSW looked like they could put on 40+ at one stage in the second half.

The better side definitely won.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Kind of amazing that Qld got so close after NSW looked like they could put on 40+ at one stage in the second half.

The better side definitely won.
Lowe was definitely ‘shockingly found out’ as you predicted pre game.

I swear some people don’t even watch footy around here.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I feel we are in a holding pattern atm. Waiting for a new generation of dominant, regular QLD players. Currently, a part from Munster, it seems we have a spine who were squeezed out by the usual suspects over the last decade. These guys are largely heading towards the back-end of their careers. New forwards are on the way and hopefully new playmakers.

As much as I hate them, NSW had a slightly better team and probably deserved the win (booo!) with Teddy and Damien Cook and if Latrell was playing even more so. Everybody else cancelled each other out imo.

Munster suits fullback (allowed to hog the ball from back there), to bad we couldn't do simple stuff and follow him around on the field when he was making half breaks.

I have a feeling Ponga won't be playing for us for ever. No point building a team around him.