Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 State of Origin Game Three - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
State of Origin - Game 3
Wednesday, July 10
8:10pm (local time)
ANZ Stadium

New South Wales

1. James Tedesco (Roosters)
2. Blake Ferguson (Eels)
3. Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)
4. Jack Wighton (Raiders)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Storm)
6. James Maloney (Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8. Daniel Saifiti (Knights)
9. Damien Cook (Rabbitohs)
10. Paul Vaughan (Dragons)
11. Boyd Cordner (Roosters - c)
12. Tyson Frizell (Dragons)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

Interchange:
14. Dale Finucane (Storm)
15. David Klemmer (Knights)
16. Cameron Murray (Rabbitohs)
17. Wade Graham (Sharks)
18. Clint Gutherson (Eels)

Coach: Brad Fittler

Queensland

1. Cameron Munster (Storm)
2. Corey Oates (Broncos)
3. Michael Morgan (Cowboys)
4. Will Chambers (Storm)
5. Dane Gagai (Rabbitohs)
6. Corey Norman (Dragons)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles - c)
8. Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos)
9. Ben Hunt (Dragons)
10. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
11. Felise Kaufusi (Storm)
12. Matt Gillett (Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Cowboys)

Interchange:
14. Moses Mbye (Tigers)
15. Christian Welch (Storm)
16. Tim Glasby (Knights)
17. David Fifita (Broncos)
18. Ethan Lowe (Rabbitohs)

Coach: Kevin Walters

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Tariq got suspended for one game so Klemmer is back for NSW.

Last edited:

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cleary is out, Pearce is in. He's gonna cop so much shit if NSW lose this game.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cleary is out, Pearce is in. He's gonna cop so much shit if NSW lose this game.
Massive pressure on Pearce. He has been in great form though, definitely better than Cleary

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
If Nsw lose, he will become Qld's greatest asset, probably get a statue at the entrance to the shitters at Suncorp

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I want to have faith in the side, but it is quickly diminishing. Mbye has no right to be playing in the origin arena let alone in the run on side. Not even his own club side rate him.

There is a huge difference in class between both sets of starting forwards and bench. I do think we can bridge the gap in the coming years though. Players like Flegler, Molo, Carrigan, Faasuamaleaui, and Horsburgh all look like very promising talents that could be blooded into the origin arena in the next few years to come.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
So,

Matt Gillett is out and Ethan Lowe is in.

This Qld team is so weak ... Mbye, Lowe, Glasby.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
So,

Matt Gillett is out and Ethan Lowe is in.

This Qld team is so weak ... Mbye, Lowe, Glasby.
I remember calling for his selection earlier in the year and this was your response:

He fully deserves his opportunity. Has had a great season to date for one of the top clubs in the competition. Absolutely pumped for him to rip in.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Today’s presser was absolutely bizarre to say the least. Kevvie initially announced Gillett will be given until game day to prove he’s fit, then seemingly ending the press conference, only to come back 5 minutes later to tell everybody Gillet has in fact been ruled out. Absolute amateur hour.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I remember calling for his selection earlier in the year and this was your response:

View attachment 1375

He fully deserves his opportunity. Has had a great season to date for one of the top clubs in the competition. Absolutely pumped for him to rip in.
Lowe is just playing in a good team. Will be shockingly found out at Origin level. This is an embarrassing Queensland side.

NSW may put on a cricket score.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Lowe is just playing in a good team. Will be shockingly found out at Origin level. This is an embarrassing Queensland side.

NSW may put on a cricket score.
You clearly haven’t watched him at all this season. He has been great for Souths, and a very handy addition given all their injuries they’ve had.

I would start Ethan. Let him absorb the ferocious start and tackle his heart out. We need Fifita’s impact off the bench when fatigue sets in. He’s still pretty raw too so am reluctant to see him start in the origin arena given he isn’t even starting for his club.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
You clearly haven’t watched him at all this season. He has been great for Souths, and a very handy addition given all their injuries they’ve had.

I would start Ethan. Let him absorb the ferocious start and tackle his heart out. We need Fifita’s impact off the bench when fatigue sets in. He’s still pretty raw too so am reluctant to see him start in the origin arena given he isn’t even starting for his club.
I reckon we will win with Lowe’s inclusion. Missing piece of the puzzle. Absolute super star.

Just wondering whether you know Lowe personally? You seem a (overly) big fan.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I reckon we will win with Lowe’s inclusion. Missing piece of the puzzle. Absolute super star.

Just wondering whether you know Lowe personally? You seem a (overly) big fan.
You’ve been well off the mark with your judgement on origin this year with your dismissal in of Lowe not being in the selection frame and the criticism of our game 1 line up. Here are your comments on the side for game 1:

So it’s safe to say given how off the mark you’ve been, Ethan is a shoe in for MOTM honours. I’m off to visit Sportsbet..

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Getting humiliated like we did in 2000 will almost be worth it for Kevvie's post game press conference. Some of his decisions this year have been puzzling and his coaching probably deserves to be found out.

Putting 180cm Mbye up against 194cm Tom Trbojevic is cause for concern. We have no-one that can match Turbo but at 185cm at least Morgo is a bigger body... They just haven't utilised him often enough this series because Munster is primarily a running five-eighth and doesn't pass him the ball.

Even if he wanted to play Mbye at centre this was the perfect time to give Morgan an opportunity at 6. Just blows my mind how debutant Corey Norman was selected ahead of him (in a bloody decider of all games).

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Getting humiliated like we did in 2000 will almost be worth it for Kevvie's post game press conference. Some of his decisions this year have been puzzling and his coaching probably deserves to be found out.

Putting 180cm Mbye up against 194cm Tom Trbojevic is cause for concern. We have no-one that can match Turbo but at 185cm at least Morgo is a bigger body... They just haven't utilised him often enough this series because Munster is primarily a running five-eighth and doesn't pass him the ball.

Even if he wanted to play Mbye at centre this was the perfect time to give Morgan an opportunity at 6. Just blows my mind how debutant Corey Norman was selected ahead of him.
Never want to see 2000 replicated, but at least there’ll be one positive to come out of it if it did eventuate.

For all of the selections I don’t agree with, I’m at peace with it now. Really hope the likes of Norman and Mbye can prove us naysayers wrong and put in the performance of their life.

Tommy Trbo is such a game changer for them. Expecting NSW’s halves to put plenty of highballs up, especially towards Munster where Trbo will look to create a contest with his height advantage, and is a genuine chance every time at taking clean possession in the air.

Very excited to see our debutants play. Ethan Lowe should come into the starting side and he should rip in defence for the first 25-30. I didn’t realise how big Welch is. Stands at 195cm and 110kg. Is cut from a good cloth being in the Melbourne system so think he’s as safe as a bank in turning up and doing a job for his state. Really need him and Glasby to make an impact when on field.

Build ups have been really different for the two teams for this game. NSW have trained at their new facility in homebush that is fenced off from the public with security guards stationed outside. QLD have immersed themselves in the public, inviting fans down to their training base at Easts home ground, with the boys signing plenty of autographs as well as having a kick with the kids after training. Also had a signing session at chermside where thousands lined up to meet their idols. The power of playing for something much larger than yourself can’t be underestimated. I’ll back our boys in to rise to the occasion and cause one of the great upsets in origin history. 17-16 Norman field goal late in the game to clinch it, his third clutch field goal for the season..

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The knives are already out for Kevvy, multiple people have put their hands up for next year 'if we lose'.

Don't think the Maroons hierarchy have faith in him anymore, probably getting punted win or lose.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Even Fatty has put his hand up. Not sure who they'd go with, maybe Wayne.