Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 9 Cowboys (A) v Rabbitohs - Teams & Discussion

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Lol. What did he say about Scott ... crickets on that issue no doubt.
No mention. Just the usual resilience rubbish. Interestingly, he said at this stage of the year the top three teams are alot better than the others and everyone else is fairly similar.

We know it, something else for a coach to concede that.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Green was asked on the Sunday night show on fox how he thought Morgo has gone so far this year, and he had the nerve to say that Morgo’s biggest issue has been not having a stable halves partner to form combinations with.

If only we had a young up and coming half who we could have played from the start to build up a combination and cohesion...

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how much more obvious it needs to be before the penny will drop with Green on the way he uses Scott. Thumper needs to be playing 30-35 minutes max per game. If they want him to start that's fine but he needs to come off early and get a proper rest in.

It's criminal that we're still asking him to play 50+ minute games, he's being made to look like a mug. There are plenty of older props in the game who extend their careers by being carefully managed by their coach

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
After watching a reply of this game some words come to mind:
Pathetic, Pedestrian, Plodders, Players not fully fit & Non-existent off loads.
Time to cut some great serving players: Bouton, Scott & Cooper and start blooding some young bulls. If the players we’re carrying in the 30man squad can’t measure up over the rest of the season, cut them too. I’m amazed that other clubs can find/have players in their reserve grade squads that are more that plodders(Nicoll-Kloksta, Papenhuyzen, Dearden & Staggs)
Is it just me, but when one reserve forward receives the ball his only instruction seems to be ‘get the ball towards the goal post’
The lack of effort of the team had a huge effect on Jason Taumalolo, who put his que in the rack, why bust your guts when on-one else is!
Time for some changes. Thanks for your great service.

Last edited:

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Green goes on about resilience, effort and combinations. Combine two pieces of toilet paper and a turd. What do you get? A turd sandwich. That's all.
Some of the players are just done. Played hard and well their whole life, but are now just finished.

How many other teams have such aging forwards getting these sort of minutes. (Gal aside, he's special and puts in a captains knock even though I can't stand him). I don't blame them for hanging on, who wouldn't. It is up to the admin to have the tough talks.

Reactions: CC

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Green goes on about resilience, effort and combinations. Combine two pieces of toilet paper and a turd. What do you get? A turd sandwich. That's all.
Some of the players are just done. Played hard and well their whole life, but are now just finished.

How many other teams have such aging forwards getting these sort of minutes. (Gal aside, he's special and puts in a captains knock even though I can't stand him). I don't blame them for hanging on, who wouldn't. It is up to the admin to have the tough talks.
Even the Roosters are playing some really young guys in their team like sitili tupouniua

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Even the Roosters are playing some really young guys in their team like sitili tupouniua
All the top teams are, and we have the top plodders.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The key difference between the top teams like the Roosters and the Storm and the rest are knowing when to move on from players. They are masters at hardly ever letting someone play one year too long. Our team is looking like a retirement home by comparison. If it's not addressed this season we are in real danger of becoming a long term bottom 4 team. We don't have a Mango or JT anymore to drag a shit team to wins.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
The key difference between the top teams like the Roosters and the Storm and the rest are knowing when to move on from players. They are masters at hardly ever letting someone play one year too long. Our team is looking like a retirement home by comparison. If it's not addressed this season we are in real danger of becoming a long term bottom 4 team. We don't have a Mango or JT anymore to drag a shit team to wins.
Spot on. Green’s inability/unwillingness to move on players well past their best like Matt Scott is costing the club big time.

I’m predicting we will lurch from the current mediocrity to absolutely basketcases if hard decisions are not made extremely soon. Corey Jensen into the team for Matt Scott would be a good start.

Scott Bolton is on thin ice too. A Peter Hola or Tom Gilbert coming onto the bench at the expense of Bolton would be good too.

Clifford needs to be back in the team and backed by his coach. Dunn needs to stay. Shane Wright needs to come into consideration.

After June 30 Cotter needs to come in.

I don’t mind copping some loses with the young guys this year if it means we can avoid being basketcases in the long term.

Bass Player

Junior
Reaction score
I watched this game in a Coffeeshop in Amsterdam. Consequently, Matt Scott's lateral movement was glacial.
We had our moments; and it was fun to watch, but those easy tries killed us.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Spot on. Green’s inability/unwillingness to move on players well past their best like Matt Scott is costing the club big time.

I’m predicting we will lurch from the current mediocrity to absolutely basketcases if hard decisions are not made extremely soon. Corey Jensen into the team for Matt Scott would be a good start.

Scott Bolton is on thin ice too. A Peter Hola or Tom Gilbert coming onto the bench at the expense of Bolton would be good too.

Clifford needs to be back in the team and backed by his coach. Dunn needs to stay. Shane Wright needs to come into consideration.

After June 30 Cotter needs to come in.

I don’t mind copping some loses with the young guys this year if it means we can avoid being basketcases in the long term.
Don't forget you need to allow for Asiata and McGuire to return to the pack. You can't add a few young players as well as them and only drop Scott and Bolton.