Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 9 Cowboys (A) v Rabbitohs - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 9
Sunday, May 12
4:05pm (local time)
Suncorp Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tom Opacic
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

Coach: Paul Green

South Sydney Rabbitohs

1. Alex Johnston
2. Corey Allan
3. Kyle Turner
4. Dane Gagai
5. Campbell Graham
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Tom Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Cameron Murray

Interchange:
14. Tevita Tatola
15. Mark Nicholls
16. Ethan Lowe
17. Liam Knight

Reserves:
18. Jacob Gagan
19. Connor Tracey
20. Dean Britt
21. Mawene Hiroti

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not expecting miracles here but hope we can continue to show some improvement. Rabbitohs are extremely dangerous so much work is needed in defense through the week especially in our shape around the ruck.

Given we are the last game of magic round and on after the Raiders vs Roosters I expect the crowd might be a bit flat, I suppose we'll see

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
01. Kahu
02. Feldt
03. O’Neill
04. Tuala
05. Hampton
06. Clifford
07. Morgon
08. Jensen
09. Granville
10. Mclean
11. Cooper
12. Asiata
13. Taumalolo

14. Baptise
15. Hess
16. Bolton
17. Molo

Good time to play Souths. Hopefully they come out flat after getting up for last weeks emotional performance against the donkeys. Apart from last week, they’ve been fairly average in games against sides they’ve been expected to easily account for, so here’s hoping that trend continues. With the form Cody Walker is in I reckon a few of the boys on our frail right hand edge will be having a few sleepless nights at the prospect of coming up against him.

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This smells like a cowboys ambush to me. Whenever we are touted to get towelled up it hardly ever happens. I don't have stats but If I remember correctly we have a great record with our backs against the wall against souths, namely the game after Neil Henry got sacked and a Monday night game in 2015

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder when we arrive in Brisbane. Seems to me it's going to be of a strange prep for this game. Is there more than 2 dressing rooms at the stadium? I guess we won't have the luxury of warming up on the field either. Maybe being in QLD we'll get more crowd support as well. Hopefully the Rabbitohs will be coming down after an emotion charged performance last week. Heaps of variables being thrown in which could alter how this game goes.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
NRL team list: Round 9 v Rabbitohs
Cowboys.com.au
Tue 7 May 2019, 03:50 PM

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys winger Kyle Feldt has been named to make his long-awaited return from injury in Sunday’s Magic Round clash with the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium.

Feldt has been sidelined since late in the pre-season after suffering a groin injury, causing him to miss the first eight rounds of the season.

The 27-year-old’s return sees an in-form Justin O’Neill shift to the centres after an impressive three-week stint on the wing with Tom Opacic dropping to the reserves.

Josh McGuire will miss the Rabbitohs clash after picking up a calf-strain in the win over the Titans, with Coen Hess moving from the interchange to take McGuire’s spot in the second-row.

After wearing No.20 in his return from a knee injury last weekend, Jason Taumalolo has been named in his customary No.13 jersey for the Rabbitohs clash.

Skillful second-rower Mitch Dunn joins the interchange alongside hooker Kurt Baptiste and middle forwards Scott Bolton and Francis Molo.

Opacic is joined on the reserves by middle forward Corey Jensen, second-rower Shane Wright and half Jake Clifford.

Sunday’s game kicks off at 4.05pm.

Cowboys team to play Rabbitohs:
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (C)
8. Matt Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tom Opacic
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/05/07/nrl-team-list-round-9-v-rabbitohs/

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Happy Feldty's back - about f%^&ing time. Hopefully moving back to the centres doesn't impact O'Neill negatively. I actually started to like him on the wing lol.

Good to see Dunn back in the 17 as well. I'm sure he's been working hard and hopefully has fixed a couple of the issues as to why he was dropped.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Feldt's BACK!

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hampton on the wing and no Jensen though???

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder when we arrive in Brisbane. Seems to me it's going to be of a strange prep for this game. Is there more than 2 dressing rooms at the stadium? I guess we won't have the luxury of warming up on the field either. Maybe being in QLD we'll get more crowd support as well. Hopefully the Rabbitohs will be coming down after an emotion charged performance last week. Heaps of variables being thrown in which could alter how this game goes.
They had temporary dressing rooms organised after the floods in 2009. They made a temporary structure in the carpark so I imagine something similar will be in place.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think Jensen will get a look in unless there's an injury.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor