Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 8 Cowboys (H) v Titans - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Minto, how did Clifford perform?
I thought he was good. Kicked well, as usual, and defended well. Was getting a lot of touches on the ball in most sets but I would've liked to have seen him get it more when the Pride were attacking the line. Seems most times they went to the other half (Biondi-Odo). One of the times he was involved the Pride scored but didn't get it enough after that.

Reactions: CC

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I really don't mind Cliffo going back to QCup for a while. Freshen up, then come back. He's only young, there is really no point in burning him out so early.

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I really don't mind Cliffo going back to QCup for a while. Freshen up, then come back. He's only young, there is really no point in burning him out so early.
People are quick to forget this. The fans love him because he’s a local and talented, but there’s nothing wrong with him having one of those seasons playing 8-12 games. Latrell Mitchell was still getting stints in NSW cup early last year.

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
Just read an article on fox sports stating that the refs boss said the Titans should have been awarded the try that was denied because Granville was impeded and that Asiatas should of been a no try due to obstruction from Gavin Cooper

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just read an article on fox sports stating that the refs boss said the Titans should have been awarded the try that was denied because Granville was impeded and that Asiatas should of been a no try due to obstruction from Gavin Cooper
12 point swing! Good thing we beat them by 14, we still get the moral victory as well as the actual victory.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
As much as I don’t like the ruling on the Granville play, he was pushed. And that’s always drawn a penalty from what I’ve seen. Not sure why the referees boss would be throwing them under the bus for that one.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I didn't see how Cooper obstructed anyone in that play. Thought people were taking the piss when they said that. Whether he caught it on the inside shoulder or outside shoulder was marginal and no-one was obstructed anyway. The NRL is really becoming like the NFL with the ridiculous technical rulings. It's different in the NFL because you have a break after every play so you have more of a chance to look at these things but in our game the ref's are trying to make the same type of decisions in real time and end up looking like idiots most of the time.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
As much as I don’t like the ruling on the Granville play, he was pushed. And that’s always drawn a penalty from what I’ve seen. Not sure why the referees boss would be throwing them under the bus for that one.
I'll happily take it but that was a soft penalty.