Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 7 Cowboys (A) v Bulldogs - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 7
Friday, April 26
6:00pm (local time)
ANZ Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Te Maire Martin
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. Jake Clifford
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Josh McGuire
13. John Asiata

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Coen Hess
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tom Opacic
20. Jason Taumalolo
21. Mitch Dunn

Coach: Paul Green

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Jack Cogger
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Ofahiki Ogden
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Rhyse Martin

Interchange:
14. Michael Lichaa
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Adam Elliott
17. Chris Smith

Reserves:
18. Christian Crichton
19. Marcelo Montoya
20. Fa'amanu Brown
21. Renouf Toomaga

Coach: Dean Pay

Last edited:

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Only a six day turnaround and includes NZ to NQ to Sydney travel unless they went straight to Sydney.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Danger game this one. We should win it, but going off form from the last season and a bit in games we "should" win, we'd be about $17 to take this

I have no confidence at all

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Very important we continue our gradual improvement, and if we do I think we will get a win.

Dogs defense is rubbish so hopefully a chance to knock a bit of rust off our attack

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Very important we continue our gradual improvement, and if we do I think we will get a win.

Dogs defense is rubbish so hopefully a chance to knock a bit of rust off our attack
Dogs last week were good against Souths, against Saints rubbish, but I don't think this will be an easy win. They should go in decent favourites. I was more confident against the Warriors than this game. They have shown real grit and enthusiasm during parts of this season. More than us thru stages I reckon

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Expecting nothing less than a win here. The scoreline on the weekend flattered the dogs. Won’t be able to get away with the wrestling in the ruck like they did against Souths. Their halves are horrible and we should be able to put enough pressure on them to force them into poor decisions. If our forwards aim up like they did on the weekend we should have no trouble getting on top of their pack.

They play their best footy when nobody expects them to win. Given they’re favourites and will see this as a winnable game, I expect a subpar performance from them.

Cowboys 13+

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Won’t be able to get away with the wrestling in the ruck like they did against Souths.
Why won't they get away with the wrestling? Is it because they are on notice after Bennett's whinge? I hope so, as it won't be from us trying for quick play the balls. Warriors wrestle f#%@ed us all day last game and got away with it.

We should win this though and hopefully improve to boot.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Why won't they get away with the wrestling? Is it because they are on notice after Bennett's whinge? I hope so, as it won't be from us trying for quick play the balls. Warriors wrestle f#%@ed us all day last game and got away with it.

We should win this though and hopefully improve to boot.
Yeah, they won’t get away with it because of all the coverage their dubious tactics in the ruck against Souths received. Graham Annesley spoke about it in his weekly officiating review presser today.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Great news about Taumalolo. If he doesn't play this week at least he's close.

I wonder how Feldt is going, would've thought he'd be back by now. Maybe throwing his leg over that big Harley all the time isn't so good for his groin.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Great news about Taumalolo. If he doesn't play this week at least he's close.

I wonder how Feldt is going, would've thought he'd be back from now. Maybe throwing his leg over that big Harley all the time isn't so good for his groin.
Keep an eye out on the Blackhawks this weekend. Feldt could be a late inclusion.

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
So who doe Tuamalolo replace if he is fit? Bolton or Molo, my money is on Molo

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Would have to be Molo considering he barely made the field last week

Haz

Junior
Reaction score
Interesting comment on the news tonight. Cowboys requested Mosby be named at fullback for the pride this weekend. Maybe looking to play him in the 1 for the cowboys in the coming weeks?

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Interesting comment on the news tonight. Cowboys requested Mosby be named at fullback for the pride this weekend. Maybe looking to play him in the 1 for the cowboys in the coming weeks?
I think fullback is where he needs to focus his efforts. The days of the shorter winger are gone in my opinion. They are easily outjumped when defending attacking tryline kicks.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So who doe Tuamalolo replace if he is fit? Bolton or Molo, my money is on Molo
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, both will get a decent run, effort and error rate should pick the reserve!

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
Gotta feel for Jensen, didn't do a thing wrong on his stints and really impressed, Even though Bolts didn't do anything wrong on Saturday he still should've been made to play his way back into the team, who knows if Jensen would've had a blinder knowing he had a chance to keep his spot