Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 6 Cowboys (A) v Warriors - Teams & Discussion

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Disappointing to see Jensen go, I think Bolts would have benefited from a week in Q Cup anyway.

O'Neill is the right choice IMO, just hope he is up to playing wing

griffman-2

Junior
Reaction score
Can't quite understand why Jensen is out. Bolton is good but not good enough just to walk back in especially with how well the 2 reserve middles did last week.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
O’neill on the wing. I know we’re scraping the barrel but FMD, he can’t catch a f***ing high ball. Put him in the centres FFS.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
McGuire started on the edge last week. JA starts in the middle and Hess comes on for him on the right edge and McGuire shifts to the middle. Seemed to work well.
O'Neill on the wing is a massive no for me. He can't catch a cold in defence. He adds size and a bit of starch to the defence. Centre.
Bolts has a lot of weight lifted off him and he owes the boys a big season.
Lets hope we get the reserve Warriors.

Cowboys by 10+

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
O’neill on the wing. I know we’re scraping the barrel but FMD, he can’t catch a f***ing high ball. Put him in the centres FFS.
He was having problems 3-4 seasons ago, he's matured as a player. Hopefully the nerves are under control (aswell as his eyes). Can't put him at centre and expect a different result.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I know I promised not to criticise Green last week, but he doesn't make it easy.

Dropping Jensen for Bolton is a truly bizarre and disappointing move.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jensen not named! Boooooooooooooo!

Metro

Junior
Reaction score
I can’t think of a more Paul Green selection than Scott Bolton straight back into the team at the expense of someone who played well in Corey Jensen.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We are kind of down on options so I can probably see why O'Neill is back but Bolton did absolutely nothing last year to warrant automatic selection back into the team. Some of his defence was absolutely atrocious at times.

Hopefully he'll be better now without the court case hanging over his head.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I know I promised not to criticise Green last week, but he doesn't make it easy.

Dropping Jensen for Bolton is a truly bizarre and disappointing move.
I'd love to make an impassioned defence of Green, along the lines of old age and treachery overcomes youth and skill.

But I got nothing. I thought Bolto was one of worst performers last year, and would be lucky to play much this year.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Carlin Anderson is back this week in qcup lets hope he does well
Pretty sure he returned last week. Unsure how he went though. Would be nice to see his form warrant selection for first grade. A real chance for him here.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I can’t think of a more Paul Green selection than Scott Bolton straight back into the team at the expense of someone who played well in Corey Jensen.
His match fittest would not be at its peak. Another suzz selection.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Agree, give the guy a chance to prove his wares. What's 1 from six?
He's one game back from a serious spinal injury, let him get used to playing footy.

He had a bad year last year too and was even dropped from QLD Cup, I don't think we should just throw him to the wolves before he has shown some form and confidence.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He's one game back from a serious spinal injury, let him get used to playing footy.

He had a bad year last year too and was even dropped from QLD Cup, I don't think we should just throw him to the wolves before he has shown some form and confidence.
Good point, living in ACT, I don't get to see the Qcup games or U20s. Here's where I listen to members who can watch up and coming players. But one would hope that with three feeder clubs and from the surrounding district, there must be someone ready to step up. If not, I would be concerns with the talent identification processes in place within NQ!

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Tabuai-Fidow scored 4 tries in MM cup on the weekend also. Hopefully he gets a shot in Qcup at some point this year too