Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 6 Cowboys (A) v Warriors - Teams & Discussion

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That new rule was always going to create some issues. from what I have see it is us or our feeder clubs who have paid the price. I have to cut the Ref's some slack.
That rule put them into a no win situation. Either way, they were going to hell. The NRL have hung them out to dry because of their poorly thought out dictatorial rule to treat an issue like this in a black or white decision.
Sure, they said the Ref's have to use their discretions, which means in hindsight, gives the NRL a free kick. Thar rule should be punted to the side line, and in its place, time wasters should be penalized and then sin binned if necessary.
While sitting on the Southern Hill with a skinful, it was obvious to EVERYONE, EVERYONE, that there was a serious injury/s and play should have been stopped. The pocket ref was less than 3m away when he ran past two players writhing on the ground. Common sense is not so common unfortunately.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I was outside the Cowboys HQ as the players were arriving for the game on Friday. The boys came to work wearing their dress gear, a button up shirt and long pants, and all signed autographs for the kids due to play a game before the main game. It was strange to see Granville rock up wearing a Cowboys t-shirt, shorts and a pair of thongs. I couldn't care less what the players wear to games but it was strange to see everyone else in dress clothes, but not Granville.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I was outside the Cowboys HQ as the players were arriving for the game on Friday. The boys came to work wearing their dress gear, a button up shirt and long pants, and all signed autographs for the kids due to play a game before the main game. It was strange to see Granville rock up wearing a Cowboys t-shirt, shorts and a pair of thongs. I couldn't care less what the players wear to games but it was strange to see everyone else in dress clothes, but not Granville.
You can do what you want when your daddy’s the coach ;)

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Does the fact that Sleeman, keeps her job, mean that she did tell the referee about the situation and he chose not to act.

Incident happened near me, Sartori said to ref (who was about 2m away) 'Serious injury, stop the play'. He told same to Paul Bowman, who told Sleeman. Bear then went on field (ny now 20m up field) and stopped short of touching the pocket ref.
I think you're being harsh on Sleeman, and definitely no need to make gender bias calls. We are better than that (or we should be).
I thought I saw footage of one of our boys yelling out to her to get her attention. She was looking in that direction and quickly turned her head away (in a motion like your walking down the street and saw your ex).

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Either , either, her incompetence had little to do with being a female or getting preferential treatment. I mean, how did the referees get to their positions and still make such a poor decision. Preferential treatment?

Maybe it was a.... Wait for it...'Perfect Storm' of a not fully thought through procedure.

Geezy

Junior
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a Feldt return, no TMM, and no Granville. Too much to ask?

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
In spite of all my Granville concerns, I would still rather see how he performs off the bench before we punt him to the QLD Cup. A second unit of Granville, Scott and Hess probably makes for a decent to strong second unit. Add Molo or Jensen.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't care if it was Micheal Jacksons monkey running the sidelines, strange how no action was taken from what i saw. Anyway don't want to derail the thread. From what i saw against the storm last week, if we can keep on improving, we might jag this win. 1-5 would look horrible

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I feel Green’s OTT complaints about the play not being stopped were a bit of a cop out from the loss.

Nene was getting proper treatment and the play was well clear of the injured players (no one was going to clatter into them again).

The play should have been stopped but I’m not sure it was the disgrace that Green claimed.

The refs are human and made a mistake. But if their actions are a disgrace then our team’s performances are also - maybe Greeny needs a stint in Q Cup?

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I feel Green’s OTT complaints about the play not being stopped were a bit of a cop out from the loss.

Nene was getting proper treatment and the play was well clear of the injured players (no one was going to clatter into them again).

The play should have been stopped but I’m not sure it was the disgrace that Green claimed.

The refs are human and made a mistake. But if their actions are a disgrace then our team’s performances are also - maybe Greeny needs a stint in Q Cup?
The Medi-Cab can't come on the field until play is stopped can it?

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

The point is that a bloke had his ankle broken and was pointing sideways and couldn’t receive immediate first aid and pain relief because of the incompetence of the referees. Nene was made to lay there in agony for longer than he should have, before paramedics were finally allowed on the field to administer pain relief and get him off the field. While the referees incompetence didn’t result in serious consequences with regards to somebody’s health, it could in the future if disciplinary action and re-training isn’t conducted as a result of this debacle.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Watching it live, I thought there was a hint of contact with the head. You'd think that was enough to have stopped the game.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score

I am one of Coach Green's bigger critics but I was with him on this one. It may not have changed the result of this game but it could have had long-term consequences for our season. Noting that Nene and John didn't have worsened injuries due to those farcical scenes, I am happy to move on but still hope there is a rule change.

I think the nrl is also at fault for throwing a few refs under the bus rather than taking the blame for dumb procedures/ rules.

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bolton for Jensen

Cue meltdown

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
If Scott HAS to be in the side than Bolton should have to earn his selection through Q Cup. No way does jensen deserve to be dropped. This kid would be in the frame for selection for QLD if he was in a system like Melbourne’s. Green is stunting his development and playing dinosaurs ahead of him at the detriment of our clubs performances. I think there will their will be changes to our starting line up so hopefully this isn’t the final make up of our side. Can’t see McGuire playing on an edge, Granville starting after not being let back on the field last week, and hopefully Scott to the bench for Molo.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think we might be reading a bit too much into Granville not coming back on last week. I don't think it was the death knell some were hoping for, but a good sign there is pressure on him.

I reckon the forward numbers are just for the sake of giving them a number. Asiata will probably attack as a ballplaying lock but defend on the edge. McGuire will still be hitting it up the guts.

If Bolton plays he needs to perform, he was terrible last year. I'll wait and see, perhaps he's hungry and feels hard done by and will rip in.

Last edited: