Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 6 Cowboys (A) v Warriors - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 6
Saturday, April 20
5:30pm (AEST)/7:30pm (local)
Mt Smart Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Te Maire Martin
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. Jake Clifford
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Josh McGuire
13. John Asiata

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Coen Hess
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Javid Bowen
20. Shane Wright
21. Mitch Dunn

Coach: Paul Green

Warriors

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
7. Blake Green
8. Agnatius Paas
9. Issac Luke
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

Interchange:
14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Sam Lisone
16. Bunty Afoa
17. Isaiah Papali'i

Reserves:
18. Nathaniel Roache
20. Leivaha Pulu
21. Gerard Beale
22. Patrick Herbert

Coach: Stephen Kearney

Last edited:

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Make or break time here. Have seen some improvement over the past few weeks but if we don't get a win here I can't see much hope for 2019.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Be good to see Lambs get a debut...........

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Refs relegated over play-on call after Macdonald injury
Dan Walsh, NRL.com
Mon 15 Apr 2019, 02:18 PM

Referees Grant Atkins and Gavin Badger have been relegated over their controversial play-on call after Nene Macdonald suffered a serious leg injury during North Queensland's loss to Melbourne.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley announced the decision on Monday at his weekly media briefing.

Atkins and Badger allowed play to continue after Macdonald suffered the injury in a tackle-gone-wrong alongside teammate John Asiata late in the clash with Melbourne in Townsville on Saturday night.

The Storm were then awarded a penalty at the end of their attacking set with Cameron Smith booting a penalty goal to seal the 18-12 victory.

Annesley said the decision wasn't acceptable and should have been picked up by someone within the officiating crew.

More to come

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/referees-relegated-over-play-on-call-after-nene-macdonald-injury/

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Trying not to look too far ahead but a big opportunity the next 3 weeks.. NZ is always tough but it's a winnable game if we play to our potential. We have the dogs who will likely be down on confidence, followed by the Titans at home.

It's basically make or break for us. Need to win at least 2 of those games you would think.

Eaglestreetcowboy

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Warriors have been rocks and diamonds this year... more rocks than diamonds tho

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Warriors were really good on the weekend without Blake Green. Scored majority of their points through the middle which is where Souths are quite strong, so our middle men need to step up, otherwise with a bit of momentum NZ could put a lot of points on us. Seriously fear what their back 5 are going to our back 5. Maumalo and Fusitua are going to give the likes of Hampton, Tuala etc nightmares throughout this week. Kicking game needs to be on point to mitigate them.

My 17 for the game:

01. TMM
02. O’Neill
03. Kahu
04. Tuala
05. Hampton
06. Clifford
07. Morgan
08. Jensen
09. Baptise
10. McLean
11. Cooper
12. Asiata
13. McGuire

14. Granville
15. Hess
16. Molo
17. Bolton

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Warriors were really good on the weekend without Blake Green. Scored majority of their points through the middle which is where Souths are quite strong, so our middle men need to step up, otherwise with a bit of momentum NZ could put a lot of points on us. Seriously fear what their back 5 are going to our back 5. Maumalo and Fusitua are going to give the likes of Hampton, Tuala etc nightmares throughout this week. Kicking game needs to be on point to mitigate them.

My 17 for the game:

01. TMM
02. O’Neill
03. Kahu
04. Tuala
05. Hampton
06. Clifford
07. Morgan
08. Jensen
09. Baptise
10. McLean
11. Cooper
12. Asiata
13. McGuire

14. Granville
15. Hess
16. Molo
17. Bolton
I'd have the same but replace Bolton with Dunn or Scott, depending on how we want to play.

O'Neill is dodgy as on the wing but probably too soon for Taulagi and I'm hesitant to move Kahu and change the combinations again.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Refs relegated over play-on call after Macdonald injury
Dan Walsh, NRL.com
Mon 15 Apr 2019, 02:18 PM

Referees Grant Atkins and Gavin Badger have been relegated over their controversial play-on call after Nene Macdonald suffered a serious leg injury during North Queensland's loss to Melbourne.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley announced the decision on Monday at his weekly media briefing.

Atkins and Badger allowed play to continue after Macdonald suffered the injury in a tackle-gone-wrong alongside teammate John Asiata late in the clash with Melbourne in Townsville on Saturday night.

The Storm were then awarded a penalty at the end of their attacking set with Cameron Smith booting a penalty goal to seal the 18-12 victory.

Annesley said the decision wasn't acceptable and should have been picked up by someone within the officiating crew.

More to come

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/15/referees-relegated-over-play-on-call-after-nene-macdonald-injury/
did they sack that useless bitch on the sideline acting as a touch judge?

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
she was out of her depth in Qcup this year. She was one of the refs that allowed play on when Carlin Anderson went down in the Pride v Tigers games

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Wouldn't be anywhere near nrl if it was a male touch judge. Gotta love modern society. Real equality right?

Milligna

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
With all the hype and press about the debacle there was no mention of her at all, I wonder why??

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
That new rule was always going to create some issues. from what I have see it is us or our feeder clubs who have paid the price. I have to cut the Ref's some slack.
That rule put them into a no win situation. Either way, they were going to hell. The NRL have hung them out to dry because of their poorly thought out dictatorial rule to treat an issue like this in a black or white decision.
Sure, they said the Ref's have to use their discretions, which means in hindsight, gives the NRL a free kick. Thar rule should be punted to the side line, and in its place, time wasters should be penalized and then sin binned if necessary.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think that if they’re serious about eliminating time wasting from injuries they should go the soccer route. Force any injured player that the clock stops for off the field untill the next break in play. If the injury is bad enough, a sub can be used to stop the team being a player down for any given time.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Does the fact that Sleeman, keeps her job, mean that she did tell the referee about the situation and he chose not to act.

Incident happened near me, Sartori said to ref (who was about 2m away) 'Serious injury, stop the play'. He told same to Paul Bowman, who told Sleeman. Bear then went on field (ny now 20m up field) and stopped short of touching the pocket ref.
I think you're being harsh on Sleeman, and definitely no need to make gender bias calls. We are better than that (or we should be).

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Both touchies were pretty atrocious tbh, between the Nene thing, missing multiple obvious forward passes, missing Smith's 40/20 etc.

The whole officiating team on Friday night had some rough moments

edbeek

Junior
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Does the fact that Sleeman, keeps her job, mean that she did tell the referee about the situation and he chose not to act.
I'm sure I heard someone say after the game (can't remember who) that the Ref's audio confirmed that the touchie did quickly advise the ref that it was a serious injury.