Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 5 Cowboys (H) v Storm - Teams & Discussion

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I really hope Granny gets dropped, but he won't. Baps did awesome/normal. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing shit from dummy half normal service looks amazing?

Chemicalspill

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
I still believe the Roosters are the benchmark of the competition. Hopefully they'll put the Storm to the sword next week.
Hard to like either team really. I used to like Storm with all the QLD reps when we were starting our big SOO streak but more and more they seem like cheaters, or rule benders.

IMO, Roosters are cheats off the ball and they are untouchable. Betoota has a good piss-take of it below.

Let's face it, any team that gets nut-hugged by Johns , Fittler or Gould is pretty hard to like.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hard to like either team really. I used to like Storm with all the QLD reps when we were starting our big SOO streak but more and more they seem like cheaters, or rule benders.

IMO, Roosters are cheats off the ball and they are untouchable. Betoota has a good piss-take of it below.

Let's face it, any team that gets nut-hugged by Johns , Fittler or Gould is pretty hard to like.
Melbourne to me are just another Brisbane Broncos.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I really hope Granny gets dropped, but he won't. Baps did awesome/normal. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing shit from dummy half normal service looks amazing?
I was very happy to see that Granville didn't come back on. Good sign that he's not number 1 hooker anymore. Probably have to put up with him on the bench for a while though.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Was a much better performance last night. The bench rotations seemed better except using 3 of our 8 subs on Scott coming on/off isn't ideal. Should just play 15 minutes either side of half time with Jensen taking the starting spot. Particularly if Granville is the bench hooker and he needs to come off after his stint (only used on hooker change last night). Scott would add some leadership while the other experienced middle forwards are rested.

griffman-2

Junior
Reaction score
I'm hoping there's a chance that if Granville goes back to Q cup he'll find his form again but I can't see it happening. Paul Kent said Cowboys are looking for a 9 on NRL 360.

It was frustrating last night hearing again how Brandon Smith left us. He's a really good player and we could have done with him at 9. When you add that to Kikau and Ponga and look at where we are having issues, it makes you think the clubs future planning maybe isn't quite up to scratch and is a contributer to recent issues.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Was a much better performance last night. The bench rotations seemed better except using 3 of our 8 subs on Scott coming on/off isn't ideal. Should just play 15 minutes either side of half time with Jensen taking the starting spot. Particularly if Granville is the bench hooker and he needs to come off after his stint (only used on hooker change last night). Scott would add some leadership while the other experienced middle forwards are rested.
Not sure Jensen is the player to start. But agree about Thumper off the bench.

Geezy

Junior
Reaction score
I'm hoping there's a chance that if Granville goes back to Q cup he'll find his form again but I can't see it happening. Paul Kent said Cowboys are looking for a 9 on NRL 360.

It was frustrating last night hearing again how Brandon Smith left us. He's a really good player and we could have done with him at 9. When you add that to Kikau and Ponga and look at where we are having issues, it makes you think the clubs future planning maybe isn't quite up to scratch and is a contributer to recent issues.
Not to mention Jahrome Hughes taring us a new one at fullback while we had TMM dropping bombs at the back.

Anyway, positive signs out of that game. Baptiste's display will hopefully spell the end of Granville as our starting hooker. I still wouldn't be against him off the bench though. I think Matt Scott's time is unfortunately almost up. His mobility is becoming a liability. I'd really like to see Hess take on a bench middle forward role and have Mitch Dunn play on the right edge.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The only solace for us is that there is a bunch of poorly performing teams on the bottom with us. The Knights, Warriors, Broncos, Titans and us are all sitting equal bottom.

Because of this the eight is in sight still.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Not to mention Jahrome Hughes taring us a new one at fullback while we had TMM dropping bombs at the back.

Anyway, positive signs out of that game. Baptiste's display will hopefully spell the end of Granville as our starting hooker. I still wouldn't be against him off the bench though. I think Matt Scott's time is unfortunately almost up. His mobility is becoming a liability. I'd really like to see Hess take on a bench middle forward role and have Mitch Dunn play on the right edge.
The Storm reportedly have the most third party deals in the league, and that is only what they are disclosing...

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I am not getting the love for Baptiste.

I'm well and truly over Granville as our 9, his service is my greatest concerns and then his threat from DH, which was a cornerstone of the 2015 Premiership, is no longer there.

I though we lost a lot defensively with Baptiste on field. He was on the right side when Storm went through and scored their first try. He gave away 2 penalties that led to to 4 points. Ok, I get it that it was his first run and he will be better for it, but for me he was far from convincing.

Did someone just say Harry Grant ??

Metro

Junior
Reaction score
97 metres in 31 mins and 23 tackles quiet?..
It’s disappointing he’s being used as a Hinchliffe-like battering ram when he’s such a good hooker. I know he’s paid well and in a good team but IMO he’s wasting his career a bit at the Storm. I’m kind of sad for him.

Should be a starting hooker at another club at this point, preferably the Cowboys ...

Last edited: