Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 5 Cowboys (H) v Storm - Teams & Discussion

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
McGuire fined $1500 for being a grub. Is free to play next week.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Origin camp would've been pretty awkward if Munster made a formal complaint.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Kurt Baptiste charged with Grade 1 dangerous contact. No priors so wont miss any time if he takes the early plea.
What a relief to hear that. Serious chance of seeing Granville dropped now.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Also looks like Annesley is unhappy with how the refs handled things last night:

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/nrl-to-investigate-ref-bungle-after-nene-macdonald-broke-his-leg/news-story/2e6c419c1e08377d500c13b7f75abdd9

“The laws of the game allow for play to continue while players are out of play and treated for minor injuries, but it has always been the case that when referees become aware of a possible serious injury, the game should stop,” NRL football-operations chief Graham Annesley said.

“Last night there was ample opportunity for that to happen, but it didn’t.

“We will review the video and audio of the incident and consider all the relevant circumstances to hopefully prevent it from happening again.”

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
McGuire fined $1500 for being a grub. Is free to play next week.
So by charging him they’re admitting he purposely gouged someone’s eye? And that’s only worth $1.5k? Very lucky. We don’t need that shit at our club.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So by charging him they’re admitting he purposely gouged someone’s eye? And that’s only worth $1.5k? Very lucky. We don’t need that shit at our club.
I don't really understand how they have come out with this decision. Either it's a gouge and it's a more serious charge (high grade contrary conduct or dangerous conduct) or it's not a gouge and he gets no punishment.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I don't really understand how they have come out with this decision. Either it's a gouge and it's a more serious charge (high grade contrary conduct or dangerous conduct) or it's not a gouge and he gets no punishment.
The lack of complaint by Munster probably saved McGuire in the end.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Baptiste to start with Dunn off the bench would be ideal next week although I think Granville will still find his way into the side

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I still wouldn't mind seeing how Granville works off the bench.

River

Bench Warmer
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe Dunn could become our Corey Oates!!

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Taulagi has a ripper of a game in Q Cup, might be still a bit early though

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Kahu has played plenty of wing, i think unless Feldty is back id say we are looking at Bowen to wing, or Kahu to wing and either O'Neill or Opacic at center unless GGM or Taulagi have huge games in ISC.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
McGuire got fined $3350, not $1500, deserved more imo.

The citing of Nene is the one that infuriates me, it's almost like payback for the Cowboys complaints.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Opacic is suspended for having a scrap isn't he?

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So the ref was full of shit, and giving Melbourne a favorable run.

One thing that really pisses me off after last night was us getting done for blocking. This Storm were deadset shoulder charging our kick chasers and we got squat called.