Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 5 Cowboys (H) v Storm - Teams & Discussion

Canberra Cow

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am gunna sit on my couch and stream this with my daughter................thinking of my long lost Storm supporter mate.........and just like old times I can picture him standing there with a wry smile on his face as we get thumped again, miss ya Gibbo:shy:

Reactions: BDR

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This will be the blow out game where we scrape the bottom of the barrel. Happy to be proven wrong or have it blow out and this kick start our season, sort of like our 'come to jesus' moment.

I'm not in any rush to watch this one, after how they played last night against the Doggies - Bellyache will have them whipped through the streets of Melbourne and they'll be out to make a statement.
Why can't we do that on the Strand, I'll cast the first stone.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure wholesale changes are needed.

Hampton needs to play fullback or bench hooker and not centre if picked. If he is to play in the backs Green needs to choose between him and Martin.

Asiata starting with Scott to bench should help. Granville needs to spend some part of the game on bench (25 min?) with Dunn, Hampton or Baptiste filling in during middle part of game.

Green has tried to be innovative with his interchanges (e.g. Scott having two stints on the field and two on the bench is not common for a starting prop), but I think needs to revert to a more standard approach if he's going to persist with Granville at 9.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Surely Green needs to rethink the hooker situation? Seems he tinkers with everything but that. We need to look at all our options there I think.

A lot of our attack is getting bogged down because of poor options or passing from Granville.

Beryl AU

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Surely Green needs to rethink the hooker situation? Seems he tinkers with everything but that. We need to look at all our options there I think.

A lot of our attack is getting bogged down because of poor options or passing from Granville.
My concern is he can't even see the problem there.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I've heard a few quotes from players saying "We've got a pretty young side". Well no we don't. I wish we had a young side at the moment. You could forgive the errors

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Vunivalu will miss this game with an early guilty plea which is something for us considering he is a pretty devastating player for them.
It’s not the first time he has done that before it’s the first time he has been pinged for it. I have seen Vunivalu do that sort shit to Feldt before he’s up there being in the top three of Melbourne Storms grubbiest players.

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard a few quotes from players saying "We've got a pretty young side". Well no we don't. I wish we had a young side at the moment. You could forgive the errors
There might be some youngsters there but a hell of a lot of experience as well, like you said wouldn’t be so bad if it was a really young team there would be light at the end of the tunnel

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Bellyache will have them whipped through the streets of Melbourne and they'll be out to make a statement.
I don't believe this concept truly exists. These players are totally up for every single game. They can't be more up.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Matt Scott - “We’re not far off. If we keep working hard and then try and execute on Friday night then there’s no reason why we can’t get a win against Melbourne.”

I'm not expecting much.

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
No Val Holmes sadly...he has been accepted into the NFL international pathway program and allocated to the New York Jets.

He could play all the pre season games and not get added to the roster but will stay with the practice squad for 12 months

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
Matt Scott - “We’re not far off. If we keep working hard and then try and execute on Friday night then there’s no reason why we can’t get a win against Melbourne.”

I'm not expecting much.
Sick of hearing this. We were “ not far off” in 2018

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I'm not expecting much.

If he really thinks that then he's in for a huge shock on Friday night. We are miles off the pace at the moment. At this point Scott's game has regressed as much as his hairline.

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
If he really thinks that then he's in for a huge shock on Friday night. We are miles off the pace at the moment. At this point Scott's game has regressed as much as his hairline.
Hahahaha...I don’t know which part is funnier, the joke about the hairline or how delusional the team is thinking they are not far off, not far off what? The wooden spoon?

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The not far off stuff is just a mental tactic. It’s not meant to be an assertion of fact. They are trying to stay in a positive mindset.