Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 4 Cowboys (H) v Raiders - Teams & Discussion

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think I got more out of Ricky 's presser than I did from Greeny...........

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
I think one of the problems with Green is his inability to inject youth and trust them to play a significant role within the side. You just have to look throughout the league where kids have been effectively plucked from no where and come into a starting side and killed it. Look at the likes of Nikora (cronulla, 21), Brown (parra, 18), Mahoney (parra, 18), Flegler (donkeys, 19), B Brailey (cronulla, 20) are kids i can name off the top of my head who have come into their respective sides and contributed significantly. You can’t under estimate the effect the injection of youth adds to sides, and their will to play to prove to the playing group that they belong in the top grade and cement a spot in the side. I really hope Green gives some of our youth a chance and hopefully we can add a few names to the list of kids who have taken their chance with both hands this season.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I try to be as positive as possible with the Cowboys, but gee, we are in a world of hurt at the moment.

How a forward pack consisting of those names can produce the doss thrown up is unimaginable. They are all getting owned on the field. Every year this games moves on, but we are back to pre 2000.

Green has made changes, with no improvement. Big decisions will have to be made, because the advice the team is receiving is not been headed. Maybe as has been said that he has lost the dressing room. If that is the case I suspect a few more may find them selves in the grandstand. Green has a contract for next year, so I'll suggest he is going nowhere. And the Club will not try to hustle him out the door because he can just look them in the eye and say " Gotcha, "

I fear for the next game against the Storm. If this team could not get up for the Broncos and they produce the rubbish again then I suggest an implosion in Cowboy's Headquarters.

Supporters speak with their feet, and with only 11,700 plus at the Raider's game the bean counters will be shaking. Sometimes, results have to effect the takings before egos can be altered.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Greeny (aka @Jordan) how about putting this thread up on the projector when doing the vid review and make the all the team stand & read out the posts in turn
If nothing else you will all get to see what you're doing to the fan base

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I think one of the problems with Green is his inability to inject youth and trust them to play a significant role within the side. You just have to look throughout the league where kids have been effectively plucked from no where and come into a starting side and killed it. Look at the likes of Nikora (cronulla, 21), Brown (parra, 18), Mahoney (parra, 18), Flegler (donkeys, 19), B Brailey (cronulla, 20) are kids i can name off the top of my head who have come into their respective sides and contributed significantly. You can’t under estimate the effect the injection of youth adds to sides, and their will to play to prove to the playing group that they belong in the top grade and cement a spot in the side. I really hope Green gives some of our youth a chance and hopefully we can add a few names to the list of kids who have taken their chance with both hands this season.
Sadly Ponga is a good example of this

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sadly Ponga is a good example of this
I'm sorta starting to feel sorry for this lad now. He is staring down the barrel of 4 years(and possibly more) before he even gets a sniff of Finals.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Was a hard watch on the weekend. Memories of the bad old days. I think it’s going to be a long season unfortunately.

Us and the Gold Coast look like we may fight out the spoon based solely on the first month of footy. Clearly the two worst sides.

In saying that - Jason and Feldt will return at some stage and put some quality back into the side.

But, it’s going to be a painful year most likely. Even if Val is miraculously signed mid season - its not like he’ll be ready to just play. It will likely take him a couple of months to get back into condition to play NRL.

Kinda sad but I’ll be watching every game as usual. At worst, the young guys like Clifford and Dunn - who will be the heart of our team in a few years - will get good experience.

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Was a hard watch on the weekend. Memories of the bad old days. I think it’s going to be a long season unfortunately.

Us and the Gold Coast look like we may fight out the spoon based solely on the first month of footy. Clearly the two worst sides.

In saying that - Jason and Feldt will return at some stage and put some quality back into the side.

But, it’s going to be a painful year most likely. Even if Val is miraculously signed mid season - its not like he’ll be ready to just play. It will likely take him a couple of months to get back into condition to play NRL.

Kinda sad but I’ll be watching every game as usual. At worst, the young guys like Clifford and Dunn - who will be the heart of our team in a few years - will get good experience.
Yeah I agree looks like it’s going to be a long year, I can live with the team being clueless in attack whilst combinations are built however that’s where you build your game around defense and doing the simple things right and then the attack will come in time. Our defense under Green has been average and it’s been the attacking brilliance that has taken the attention away from this as the guys found a way to win.
I didn’t think Val could play this year as he walked out on contract?

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Yeah I agree looks like it’s going to be a long year, I can live with the team being clueless in attack whilst combinations are built however that’s where you build your game around defense and doing the simple things right and then the attack will come in time. Our defense under Green has been average and it’s been the attacking brilliance that has taken the attention away from this as the guys found a way to win.
I didn’t think Val could play this year as he walked out on contract?
Sharks don’t have the cap room for him - Cowboys would pay them a settlement and he’d play for us (as I understand it).