Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 25 Cowboys (A) v Storm - Teams & Discussion

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
McGuire is a liability. He's a decent player but someone like a Webb or O'Donnell that is always going to be missing a game every few weeks. He's already played his best footy for the Broncos. We're just here to supplement his retirement fund.

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure a meaningless trial game or nines (is that happening next year?) or something can be counted which is why I imagine the club was so happy to just take the one week ban instead of challenging it. Josh is going to get suspended by everything next year so which is partially his fault but also a bit the result of a hysterical Sydney media.
He's got the whole off season to work on it.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like McGuire is going to be selected for Australia ahead of guys like Cameron Murray due to being the incumbent. You'd think he'd be available for us round 1 in that case (barring another eye gouge or something).

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jordan McLean is an incumbent too but doubt he'll be picked... I think Jordan's days as a rep player are numbered tbh.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like it was 2006 where we went something like 6-0 to start the season. And then missed the finals.
I looked it up. It was actually 1998 where we won 4 straight and were going for 5 when flogged by the Broncos by 50 odd.