Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 25 Cowboys (A) v Storm - Teams & Discussion

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Any video around for this one?
Tracked it down on the game replay. Would need a better angle than the one shown, but he’s on the ground and it looked like Smith just tripped over the top of him. Maybe another angle shows he threw his legs up or something...?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Cowboys forward Josh McGuire faces a one-match ban for a tripping charge against Storm captain Cameron Smith.
McGuire has just returned from a three-week ban and has 35 carry-over points to be added to a 100-point base penalty for the tripping charge.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/06/round-25-charges-burgess-waerea-hargreaves-facing-bans/

Seriously McGuire?:rolleyes:

McGuire would have to be our highest paid player in terms of the money he gets verse the amount of games he actually plays.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Cowboys forward Josh McGuire faces a one-match ban for a tripping charge against Storm captain Cameron Smith.
McGuire has just returned from a three-week ban and has 35 carry-over points to be added to a 100-point base penalty for the tripping charge.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/06/round-25-charges-burgess-waerea-hargreaves-facing-bans/

Seriously McGuire?:rolleyes:
Surely this is a beat up. Watching the replay, Smith just falls over him. In fact i'd say Smith deliberately goes over.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Perenara ref: Storm lead 12-4, 2-2 penalty count
Perenara not ref: 12-12, 8-2 penalty count against us

The stats clearly point to us losing the game because of bad refereeing. Greeny justified in all excuses. /s

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
a draw tomorrow at Leichhardt and Brisbane miss the finals.

make it happen.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We finished 14th lol

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
I was happy to finish 11th after this year's shit, 3rd last is just the final kick in the teeth.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't mind finishing 14th. It at least puts an exclamation mark on how shit this year was and that we're in need of some changes.

You get the feeling that Green's mindset is that we were unlucky with some of the close losses and other incidents which have occurred this season. Sure we may have been at times, but I also think our gameplan only really boded for either a close win or loss such was the conservative nature of it.

At the end of the day 50% of the teams in this competition play finals footy. The Broncos are going to be there and they've lost more games than they have won. There really isn't any excuse not to make it.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
we deserve 14th spot.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
so out of a potential 24 games, Mcguire only played 17 for us in 2019. He missed just under 1/3 of our games due to injury, suspension and origin. Kinda taints the whole experience really (amongst the gouging thing......)

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Wow........

If you can't include any rep or trial games then he is set to miss the Stadium opening for that.........
Must be a similar situation to Burgess where his stupidity caught up with him and a suspension was the only option

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wow........

If you can't include any rep or trial games then he is set to miss the Stadium opening for that.........
Must be a similar situation to Burgess where his stupidity caught up with him and a suspension was the only option

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I’d have thought rep games would count as I’m sure I’d read he may miss an Australia game, but then, how would you guarantee any certain player would be selected.

Blow by Blow

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I’d have thought rep games would count as I’m sure I’d read he may miss an Australia game, but then, how would you guarantee any certain player would be selected.
I am sure a meaningless trial game or nines (is that happening next year?) or something can be counted which is why I imagine the club was so happy to just take the one week ban instead of challenging it. Josh is going to get suspended by everything next year so which is partially his fault but also a bit the result of a hysterical Sydney media.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I am sure a meaningless trial game or nines (is that happening next year?) or something can be counted which is why I imagine the club was so happy to just take the one week ban instead of challenging it. Josh is going to get suspended by everything next year so which is partially his fault but also a bit the result of a hysterical Sydney media.
Trial games no longer count against suspensions. Which is a good thing.