Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 24 Cowboys (H) v Bulldogs - Teams & Discussion

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Kahu has impressed me the past two games. Especially in defence. Field goal was the cherry on the top. If he can’t get the union deal he wants surely he gets a contract for next year.

Chapdog

Junior
Reaction score
Man Morgan soooo much better when he run it a bit . Need to stop this silly mistakes and tighten up a bit. I’m happy with performance over all. But green still needs to go..

Who got man of the match ? I like asaita. sure one or two mistakes but has so much heart .

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I reckon there were 6 or 7 games like that this year where we were on top for the final 20 and couldn't finish it off. It looked like being the case again tonight, glad they got there in the end.

Severely lacking killer instinct and game management this year.

I think we have the nucleus of a team that can be successful, just need a key signing or two and they need to play to their potential the majority of the time. Missing the 8 next year isn't acceptable.

Let's ignore the other 5-10 games where we just clocked off for 10-20 minutes and let in 4 or 5 tries and never got back in it. That shit has to stop.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Greeny talking about the 99 game vs the Broncos as a player.

If you don’t remember that game then your Cowboys fan bonafides are under question imo.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

If you don’t remember that game then your Cowboys fan bonafides are under question imo.
I was there, and remember it well. The team got a standing ovation, probably a first considering the result.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I was at home listening to it on the radio (which was my means for following a lot of games back then being in my early teens).

Was beyond devastated when Ben Walker kicked that conversion from the sideline.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I was at home listening to it on the radio (which was my means for following a lot of games back then being in my early teens).

Was beyond devastated when Ben Walker kicked that conversion from the sideline.
There’s a certain irony and contrast about that game with Greeny as a player vs him as a coach.

One of the Cowboys tries in that game game from Green grubbering for himself mid way through the set on half way and then regathering and then drawing the fullback for Kris Tassell to score.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score

20 years ago......shit i struggle to remember 20 mins ago

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

griffman-2

Junior
Reaction score
Last 15mins when they seemed to f*** off the game plan, the boys played in a manner I thought they'd play all year. Morgan especially. I don't mean ad lib footy, just more creative and heads up. They looked happier and like they were enjoying it too.

Hopefully that can pave the way for next year. If we're keeping Greeny maybe get some new assistant coaches in to freshen stuff up. Fitness has to be addressed as we faded off far quicker than most teams we play.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There’s a certain irony and contrast about that game with Greeny as a player vs him as a coach.

One of the Cowboys tries in that game game from Green grubbering for himself mid way through the set on half way and then regathering and then drawing the fullback for Kris Tassell to score.

All I remember about Green's playing days was him being largely shit and now as a coach expecting players to do things he couldn't. Lol.

Chapdog

Junior
Reaction score
Did I here correctly from fatty that he said he would put Kylie F on the wing, gagai in the centres and Morgan on the bench for Qld team ?

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
All I remember about Green's playing days was him being largely shit and now as a coach expecting players to do things he couldn't. Lol.
He had flashes of brilliance. He played in a totally different way to the conservative way he expects his teams to play.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Last 15mins when they seemed to f*** off the game plan, the boys played in a manner I thought they'd play all year. Morgan especially. I don't mean ad lib footy, just more creative and heads up. They looked happier and like they were enjoying it too.

Hopefully that can pave the way for next year. If we're keeping Greeny maybe get some new assistant coaches in to freshen stuff up. Fitness has to be addressed as we faded off far quicker than most teams we play.

Even though he was far from perfect it was great seeing Morgo running more. I think it will help his game if he does this moving forward. Maybe base his game off Munster who has similar strengths. I do think Morgo has a better passing game than Munster though, but he's also a confidence player and his game just seems to fall apart when he's down on confidence. Utilising his running game more might help with that I suppose.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Even though he was far from perfect it was great seeing Morgo running more. I think it will help his game if he does this moving forward. Maybe base his game off Munster who has similar strengths. I do think Morgo has a better passing game than Munster though, but he's also a confidence player and his game just seems to fall apart when he's down on confidence. Utilising his running game more might help with that I suppose.
Agree his running game was much improved but his kicking game is way down. Something to work on in the off season for sure

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Agree his running game was much improved but his kicking game is way down. Something to work on in the off season for sure

He should go back to basics. Getting some elevation off the ground would be a good start.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
He should go back to basics. Getting some elevation off the ground would be a good start.
I agree he should go back to basics and he seemed to be doing that last night. His defence is good. His bread and butter is running and threatening to pass-or passing. He was heavily involved in both tries. Kicking seems to be an icing on the cake thing. When other stuff is good, that seems to come good also. It's not like we have had any kicker, do a consistent job this season due to club/personal form and confidence.

They said Drinky is a good left footer so maybe he needs to get involved more, Clifford too when he returns. Alot of good kicking comes from time and space and that's where the hooker reading the situation comes into play. Granny is illiterate in this area.