Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 24 Cowboys (H) v Bulldogs - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 24
Thursday, August 29
7:50pm (local time)
1300SMILES Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Scott Drinkwater
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Tom Opacic
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Michael Morgan (c)
7. John Asiata
16. Scott Bolton
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Shane Wright
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Reuben Cotter
15. Coen Hess
17. Francis Molo
18. Peter Hola

Reserves:
18. Tom Gilbert
19. Corey Jensen
20. Enari Tuala
21. Jake Clifford

Coach: Paul Green

Canterbury Bulldogs

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Nick Meaney
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Will Hopoate
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Adam Elliott

Interchange:
14. Jack Cogger
15. Renouf Toomaga
16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
17. Chris Smith

Reserves:
19. Danny Fualalo
20. Morgan Harper
21. Fa'amanu Brown
22. Ofahiki Ogden

Coach: Dean Pay

Last edited:

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Last game at this stadium and farewell home game for Cooper and Bolton (any celebrations for them may reveal if they have been told they won't get a new contract).

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Love that our final game at Stockland Stadium is against the dogs, as was our first. Nice sentimental nod, I wonder if it were coincidence (wouldn't surprise me, the club is pretty useless with our history). Would be nice for Round One next year to be against them, if not then it has to be the donkies. Would be bullshit for them to do nothing about it and get a completely irrelevant team.

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Updated injury chart

Projected unavailabilities for round 24:

Justin O'Neill (spleen, season)
Nene Macdonald (injured/dismissed, dumbass)
Te Maire Martin (brain bleed, season)
Matt Scott (stroke, assuming season)
Josh McGuire (suspension, round 25)
Mitch Dunn (shoulder, season)
Ben Hampton (biceps, season)
Kurt Baptiste (ACL, season)
Kurt Wiltshire (ACL, season)

Attachments

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Love that our final game at Stockland Stadium is against the dogs, as was our first. Nice sentimental nod, I wonder if it were coincidence (wouldn't surprise me, the club is pretty useless with our history). Would be nice for Round One next year to be against them, if not then it has to be the donkies. Would be bullshit for them to do nothing about it and get a completely irrelevant team.
why would you waste a marquee event game like that against Brisbane?? it’s going to sell out or go close regardless, you put a team in that doesn’t draw well in NQ........

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
why would you waste a marquee event game like that against Brisbane?? it’s going to sell out or go close regardless, you put a team in that doesn’t draw well in NQ........
I can see it both ways, it would be nice for it to be a bit of an event rather than just another game, even if it might generate some extra money for the club to play against a nobody team.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I can see it both ways, it would be nice for it to be a bit of an event rather than just another game, even if it might generate some extra money for the club to play against a nobody team.
yep. Can see both sides of it.

The other option is play Melbourne. They are somewhat popular in NQ, Cam Smiths last year, they will probably make the GF again this year so there will be that factor as well.

That’s whom I would be pushing for

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me if Round one was a Thursday night game or a Friday 6pm game against someone like the tigers.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I realise bagging the club is the in thing at the moment but you do know that the club doesn’t have much say over the draw, don’t you?

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I realise bagging the club is the in thing at the moment but you do know that the club doesn’t have much say over the draw, don’t you?
How am I bagging the club? (Other than saying they’re not very good at representing the history, but that’s 100% true). I know it’s hard to believe but some of us in here aren’t always being negative :p I said it would be bullshit if they do nothing about it and put us against an irrelevant team, whether that be the club failing to push for it or the nrl screwing us with the draw. The club definitely have a say in the draw and put in requests to the NRL, whether these are acted upon or not.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No changes to last weekend's 17. Enari finally gets back on the extended bench.

Cowboys team to play Bulldogs:
1. Scott Drinkwater
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Tom Opacic
5. Murray Taulagi
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (C)
16. Scott Bolton
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean (VC)
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Shane Wright
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14. Reuben Cotter
15. Coen Hess
17. Francis Molo
18. Peter Hola

Reserves
19. Tom Gilbert
20. Corey Jensen
21. Enari Tuala
23. Jake Clifford

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/08/27/nrl-team-list-round-24-v-bulldogs/

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
How am I bagging the club? (Other than saying they’re not very good at representing the history, but that’s 100% true). I know it’s hard to believe but some of us in here aren’t always being negative :p I said it would be bullshit if they do nothing about it and put us against an irrelevant team, whether that be the club failing to push for it or the nrl screwing us with the draw. The club definitely have a say in the draw and put in requests to the NRL, whether these are acted upon or not.
The club has very little say in the draw and by bringing them into you were bagging them for something they have no control over...that's how you were bagging the club.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone know why Oppa always wears #4 and plays on Feldts side despite being named otherwise?

And what happened to #22?

WHAT IS GOING ON PEOPLE