Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 22 Cowboys (A) v Knights - Teams & Discussion

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I think Gideon's main problem is that he's just not very good. He has a similar body type to Addo Carr but that's about where the similarities end.

Kind of like Brett Firman and Andrew Johns.
Not really. Johns was at least 75% of the player Firman was.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Meninga has stated just recently that the Titans have only $100,000 left in their cap for next year with the majority of the squad still on contract for next year. Wallace and Arrow, their best are off contract this year.

They are screwed, if they let them go, so I would suggest that if Gideon goes to them it would have to be on a back ended deal. They have a Million tied up in a halfback that is struggling.

Interesting times ahead for the Cowboys and Titans I would suggest.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I wonder how he would go in a team that could create space and give him room to show his speed? We may never know.
Honestly Gideon should take the chance to move clubs. Somewhere where the coach sees wings as more than just battering rams AKA any other club in the comp.

Honestly hoping everyday Green gets fired and we see a new style next year.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Might also helps if he learns how to catch a bomb and not come screaming infield in defence constantly. IMO he is done in NQ, shame but he just hasn’t taken his chances when they’ve been prevented. He’s also had off field issues as well which haven’t helped his cause. If he’s headed to the GC, he will have to sort his off field shit out or else he will become another GC statistic.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Kyle Feldt was pretty clumsy at the same age if I recall. Feldt would have games where he would put every bomb down.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Kyle Feldt was pretty clumsy at the same age if I recall. Feldt would have games where he would put every bomb down.
Feldt didn’t get stood down for driving without a license or turning up late for training and that’s the difference for mine. GGM has also had multiple lengthy suspensions in Qcup for shoulder charges, when you’re not even able to stick on the field in ‘reserve grade’ well you’re not really doing your chances much help. And it’s not like every time he comes back into FG he kills it like Kyle did after he went back to the Blackhawks in 2015 and got his shit in a pile.

We all wanted to see GGM kill it in FG for us, he was a beast in the U20’s but unfortunately that doesn’t always translate into success for the NRL.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Feldt didn’t get stood down for driving without a license or turning up late for training and that’s the difference for mine. GGM has also had multiple lengthy suspensions in Qcup for shoulder charges, when you’re not even able to stick on the field in ‘reserve grade’ well you’re not really doing your chances much help. And it’s not like every time he comes back into FG he kills it like Kyle did after he went back to the Blackhawks in 2015 and got his shit in a pile.

We all wanted to see GGM kill it in FG for us, he was a beast in the U20’s but unfortunately that doesn’t always translate into success for the NRL.
Gideon is only 22. Writing him off is ridiculous. We just need a new coach to bring out the best in him. Paul Green can’t coach (imo) and just can’t get the best out of these kids.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Lolo is out. This game should be fun.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No Moose and no Lolo might really expose us through the middle. Guessing Hola will come back in.

What's the story on Jase?

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No Moose and no Lolo might really expose us through the middle. Guessing Hola will come back in.

What's the story on Jase?

NRL physio posted saying it was a foot injury. Here's hoping it's nothing like McLean's

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Molo to lock would be fun to watch.
Hopefully a young guy gets a solid stint out there

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Fairleigh has just said that Taulagi is travelling 18th man and cover for McLean and confirmed Hola replacing Taumololo in the 17.

Hess to bench, Kahu to Prop, Taulagi to fullback, Drinky to halfback, Clifford to centre and Hola to wing.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
This season is awesome.

FML.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Glenn Hall and Fairleigh himself can come in to cover.

The young fellas aren't quite ready yet.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I have to thank Desert Qlder for his unknown " heads Up " last Saturday in the Treble for the Cairns Cup . I was confident of the first and last leg but the middle leg was a bit harder.

So I threw in Desert Cowboy which won and helped me to the treble win. I hope he backed it also as it looked a chance.