Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 22 Cowboys (A) v Knights - Teams & Discussion

Cowboy_4_Life

Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
With the current meteoric rise in "country trap" songs (see "Old Town Road" or "The Git Up") I have been living in a constant state of fear as to what our next adopted song may be......

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Life at the Outpost is the perfect victory song (no homo). Just works IMO. A hype song with accompanying video would be great before/as the team ran on.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
It's like we haven't got the memo that the season is over yet. Would've liked to have seen Hola stay in the team after last week. Cotter is only there because McGuire got suspended.

GGM's mistakes cost us the game last week so I can see why he is gone though.
If we were dropping Gideon based on game costing mistakes, we wouldn't have many to choose from.

Reactions: CC

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
If we were dropping Gideon based on game costing mistakes, we wouldn't have many to choose from.
Me personally i just dont think GGM has enough in his game. He is quick, but thats about all he offers. I think Kahu is a better option on the wing, but surely now this year is gone barring a major miracle so why not blood a few younger guys or give the likes of GGM the chance to stake his claim and see if he can improve. I'd play Enari in the centers as well and see if he can cut over a few games. Its not like we have anything to lose. About the only half decent thing i can say about this year is that at least our right side trio of Feldty, Opacic and Wright look reasonably strong, and Drinkwater and Clifford have shown enough for them to kick on again this year. Our Forward pack apart from Molo, Jase and Moose have been found wanting, and Morgan has really gone backwards as a half.

Suncoast cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
Most happy about a sub for Granville..
Some spark out of dummy half..
I've been forced to watch highlights of 04/05 for some joy..
We tore teams apart up the middle
Payney subbing off for faiumu and rocket rod
Mango..ty williams finishing off...
Sigh....

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So anyone have any idea if the club is doing a special jersey for the last game ever at the Willows/Stockland/Malanda/Dairy Farmers/1300 Smiles?

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So anyone have any idea if the club is doing a special jersey for the last game ever at the Willows/Stockland/Malanda/Dairy Farmers/1300 Smiles?
Would be nice if they at least played in their heritage jersey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
FML looks like we've seen the last of Gideon assuming he isn't re-signed and no more injuries occur.

The off field adventure boys (McLean, Bolts) should stay off the field and let the talented younger guys have a run

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Reibel clicks like on a lot of my ‘#bringbackthe95’ tweets that I tag the club and him in on twitters. I wouldn’t be surprised if they wear the 1995 next year at the new digs but I reckon if they were gonna wear it for the last game at 1300’s we would have known about it by now.

The club only put the call out to the old boys last week for the final game at 1300’s. They’re offering tickets and a pre game meet up for them, which is okay but the original boys should have been contacted and flown up for it on the clubs coin and made a guard of honour for when the boys run out that one last time. Bit late putting the call out 3 weeks before the occasion.

The club is f***ing pathetic when it comes to nostalgic issues. They’re trotting out the exact stories from Round Up that were printed in 1995 FFS, they’ve done nothing for nostalgic merch and very little recognition to the past.

It’s actually disgusting IMO.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
The club only put the call out to the old boys last week for the final game at 1300’s. They’re offering tickets and a pre game meet up for them, which is okay but the original boys should have been contacted and flown up for it on the clubs coin and made a guard of honour for when the boys run out that one last time. Bit late putting the call out 3 weeks before the occasion.

It’s actually disgusting IMO.
They're probably saving that money for the 25th anniversary of the premiership in 2040

At least this week's game isn't on Thu, so weekend won't be a total right off

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Me personally i just dont think GGM has enough in his game. He is quick, but thats about all he offers. I think Kahu is a better option on the wing, but surely now this year is gone barring a major miracle so why not blood a few younger guys or give the likes of GGM the chance to stake his claim and see if he can improve. I'd play Enari in the centers as well and see if he can cut over a few games. Its not like we have anything to lose. About the only half decent thing i can say about this year is that at least our right side trio of Feldty, Opacic and Wright look reasonably strong, and Drinkwater and Clifford have shown enough for them to kick on again this year. Our Forward pack apart from Molo, Jase and Moose have been found wanting, and Morgan has really gone backwards as a half.
Gideon has never really had an extended run in the side. There were people who were saying Molo had nothing to offer last year.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Gideon has never really had an extended run in the side. There were people who were saying Molo had nothing to offer last year.
I think Molo has always had something about him, he just needed to wake up to himself amd knuckle down a bit more. I dont see a great deal in GGM if i am being honest. Going right back to when he just made no attempt to chase Roberts down last year, I just don't think he does the little things like that that the best players do. I thought he may have turned it around a bit actually when he made that tackle with his stuffed shoulder, but last game he seemed to be a bit afraid of getting hit and thats what caused him to make an error or two.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Gideon has a lot in him and he is tough. I’ve seen it in 20s. He’ll be good for us if he is given the chances others have been given.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I do think some of this is Gideon's own doing, sprinkled in with some bad luck with injuries too. He probably would have played a majority of this season if he kept healthy and available for selection.

Considering how long we have laboured with average players in years gone by I do think he will get another chance but honestly he hasn't taken those opportunities he has been given. He has played 3 games this season and 2 of them were all time stinkers, with an injury in the other.

It's getting close to put up or shut up.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He’s had plenty of opportunities, it’s wether or not the club are prepared to wait any longer for him to get his shit in a pile.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I think Gideon's main problem is that he's just not very good. He has a similar body type to Addo Carr but that's about where the similarities end.

Kind of like Brett Firman and Andrew Johns.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder how he would go in a team that could create space and give him room to show his speed? We may never know.