Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 22 Cowboys (A) v Knights - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Bulldogs up 12-6 over Souths with about 13 to go. We could be 15th in a few minutes...

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Drinky, Feldt, Morgo, Clifford, Asiata, Molo, Lolo, Moose, Wright are the only players that would get a run at another club. The rest of our blokes are making up numbers.

Cotter, Hola and Dunny get passes because they’re kids.
I think Asiata has been fairly poor for most of the year, didn't contribute anything again today. Doesn't help that he gets shunted around to plug gaps but can't deny he has struggled to produce anything in the 2nd half of the season.

Wright also got schooled today, first year in first grade and has been good otherwise so gets a pass from me, but needs to improve his tackling technique for next year.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And we’re now 15th. Great fight shown by the Bulldogs with a very average roster.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
And we’re now 15th. Great fight shown by the Bulldogs with a very average roster.

Only 3 wins outside of the top 8 tho. Referees cost us :blackeye:

trey

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
This apparent ‘no dickhead’ policy we seemed to adopt a few years ago went out the window it seems all in the chase of a player that COULD have been good for us.
I wouldn’t sign Ramien on this basis. To leave a team that’s still in finals contention after the 30 June deadline because you don’t like the team’s style of play shows you are more focussed on yourself rather than the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stido

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just sad with what's happening to our team. C'mon boys, Thumper deserves better!

Reactions: BDR

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I could only bring myself to watch 50 minutes of the game replay. Pitiful effort by the plodders.
Someone must tap Scott, Bolton and Cooper, the game is too fast for them, Coop can’t break the defensive line anymore.
Can someone please explain, why we are playing a second row forward in the centre position when we have seven names listed as centres on our roster, with only one name on the injured list.
Dan Russell, Enari Tuala, Javid Bowen, Jordan Kahu, Justin O'Neill, Kurt Wiltshire, Tom Opacic. Who is f’k is Russell & Wiltshire?
What’s the point of having players on the roster who can’t play at this level!
Why would any centre move to the Cowboys when this form of team selection is the go?
Another observation: Other than JT, all our running forwards will need to beef up in the off-season, if they want to match it with most teams in 2020.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Kurt Wiltshire tore his ACL in pre-season

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Post match press conference was very ho-hum. Green banged on about they should play with more pride for the jersey and for people retiring like Matt Scott. Even though Matt Scott is playing like he has outstayed his usefulness. Spoke about diminished roster. Pretty sure he has a quite a few troops to choose from but he only likes his select few. No backs available until O'Neil can play again apparently.

Funnily enough, neither he or the media didn't mention he has nothing further to offer as a coach and his players clearly aren't responding to his requests to play better.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sign Ramien on this basis. To leave a team that’s still in finals contention after the 30 June deadline because you don’t like the team’s style of play shows you are more focussed on yourself rather than the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that’s not exactly how it’s been reported in the media. He’s been told not to turn up to training and that he won’t be getting picked for FG and he is free to negotiate with other clubs. Now no doubt it’s due to him probably blowing up at training and during games about not getting the ball. Is this the sort of player we want in NQ?? I’m leaning towards a ‘No’ so he’s probably going to sign for us........ So it’s not like he’s just walking out on his own accord, there seems to be a bit more to it than that.

What a f***ing fall from grace the last 2 years has been for NQ. We were set up quite well at the end of 2013, Green inherited a solid squad, brought in some of his own ‘boys’, had a decent 4 year run but he’s flogged a dead horse for 2 straight. I don’t expect them to win the comp every year but the top 8 is achievable and should be the minimum expected standard.

What we’ve been dished up the last 2 years has been beyond pathetic.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
With a last second try too.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Great game.
What about the Knights love fest in the commentary box, they only kept talking about the one team, and it wasn’t the team that led most of the game.
That Touch presents well on tele, not so good at the ground.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Possibly an unpopular opinion but I think the last month has shown that Scott Drinkwater is not up to NRL standard defensively (but in his defence, are any of them?).

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Green is a spud. Our season is over, get Hess out of the centers and play Enari. Get Gilly in.
It's actually ridiculous that Hess is still in the centres. It didn't take a genius to work out that Ponga's speed was going to find him out. It's actually unfair on Hess and can't do anything positive for his confidence/development.