Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 22 Cowboys (A) v Knights - Teams & Discussion

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
At least it's not a heart breaking loss. I'm actually strangely at peace right now. I've accepted our fate and am actually enjoying these Coronas.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
We play the Storm in Melbourne in the final game of the year.

Holy shit that one’s going to be fun.

Has to be some way to turn that into a drinking game to see out our season.
We all get on the piss during the game & whoever is the last to cop a ban wins

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone else starting to think that Green is doing stuff to deliberately get sacked now?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Putrid, insipid, there aren't enough superlatives. Just a terrible performance across the park from buzzer to buzzer. Can't recall a worse game in the last 5 years. Enough of this shit, Green needs to go this week.

Haz

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Ffs. I'm actually feeling sorry for Hess. Green is throwing him under the bus playing him in the centers. He cant cut it there.
Agreed. The poor c#$t is a bench forward not a fcking centre. Green is taking the piss. He was helpless pigeon amongst cats that last 10mins in particular.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
It the senior guys who are letting us down badly. Morgan and Mclean are on big money to help this team get around, and i would drop the pair of them personally. Granville should be a bench hooker. Scott is still doing a half decent job, but Bolton and Coops are just painful to watch, especially Coops. I hate to see such a top bloke and player going out like this.

Green either has to stop picking his old boys and blood some younger guys and try something different, or i think we should be getting on the phone to JD.

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Well, starting him didn’t work, benching him didn’t work, sticking him at centre didn’t work.

Halfback Hess next week it is.

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Looking forward to the press conference. I reckon the “boys are tired after a long year”, “hard to get consistency with our injury toll” and “we’re just not getting the bounce of the ball at times” will all get a trot.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Kind of a boring press conference, but some cliff's

- Said try before halftime was costly but could come back if we came back strongly after halftime (which we didn't)
- Feldt not scoring from the Opacic grubber and resulting confidence
- Limited in options because of injuries (lol, play Gilbert *cough*)
- Spoke about "If only" games this season (narrow losses)
- Important we finish season on a positive note in terms of how we play
- Last 20 min unacceptable (duh)
- Would like to think there is some more pride in the jersey for some blokes who will finish up this year
- Jase injury time could vary - could be short term or out for a while
- Some people need to take a good hard look at themselves regarding playing how we are with Scott in his last season
- Kahu might have done his eye socket again

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It did sound like a plural. Hopefully the entire nursing home trio is retiring

Reactions: CC

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Drinky, Feldt, Morgo, Clifford, Asiata, Molo, Lolo, Moose, Wright are the only players that would get a run at another club. The rest of our blokes are making up numbers.

Cotter, Hola and Dunny get passes because they’re kids.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Drinky, Feldt, Morgo, Clifford, Asiata, Molo, Lolo, Moose, Wright are the only players that would get a run at another club. The rest of our blokes are making up numbers.

HE was gassed at times, but was impressed with some of his carries.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score

I dont see a great deal wrong with our fullback, our right side trio of Wright, Opacic and Feldty, Jase, Moose and Molo are a fine forward base to work from. Clifford is showing good signs now. Disappointments for me are Morgan and Mclean. Both arent showing up. Our left center and winger are massive worries.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I dont see a great deal wrong with our fullback, our right side trio of Wright, Opacic and Feldty, Jase, Moose and Molo are a fine forward base to work from. Clifford is showing good signs now. Disappointments for me are Morgan and Mclean. Both arent showing up. Our left center and winger are massive worries.
Morgan can’t do shit when he’s being thrown granite hand grenades from dummy half on a constant basis. I keep saying it, until we get a decent hooker, we won’t do shit. It’s no coindence the periods where we had a hooker playing at a high level, we were going well. (04-05, ‘07 with Payney, 15-17 with Granville). As the 9’s ability faded, so did the team overall.

Every play starts with them and the decisions they make and their ability to get a crisp and clean pass off the ground has a huge bearing on the game.

Until Green mans up and drops his f***ing Wynumn boy, we will go shit. He hasn’t played well for 2 years now, if he’s not going to run the f***ing ball he is a pointless inclusion into our team. You’d be better off putting Moose there again because we went just as f***ing well with him having a part time crack at hooker.

Last edited:

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
just to add, this year the club got what it deserved. They lowered their standards by signing Barba and Mcdonald.

If they knew Mcdonald had that arrest warrant for 2 years but decided to ‘overlook it’ or on the flip side actually failed due course in doing a background check on him before throwing the contract at him, then they’re just as f***ing stupid as he is. Either way in his situation, they messed up. And to see him swanning around europe and fail to go to court AGAIN shows the piece of shit he is and why he should never have worn our jersey.

And Barba. Where do you f***ing start there????? This apparent ‘no dickhead’ policy we seemed to adopt a few years ago went out the window it seems all in the chase of a player that COULD have been good for us.

They made their bed, Greeny, Parr and Reibel can f***ing lie in it.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Morgan can’t do shit when he’s being thrown granite hand grenades from dummy half on a constant basis. I keep saying it, until we get a decent hooker, we won’t do shit. It’s no coindence the periods where we had a hooker playing at a high level, we were going well. (04-05, ‘07 with Payney, 15-17 with Granville). As the 9’s ability faded, so did the team overall.

Every play starts with them and the decisions they make and their ability to get a crisp and clean pass off the ground has a huge bearing on the game.

Until Green mans up and drops his f***ing Wynumn boy, we will go shit. He hasn’t played well for 2 years now, if he’s not going to run the f***ing ball he is a pointless inclusion into our team. You’d be better off putting Moose there again because we went just as f***ing well with him having a part time crack at hooker.
Dont disagree about Granville, but i dont belive Morgo is standing up either. Barba and Mcdonald set us back a lot this year. We have to make sure we get in at least another gun winger or center for next year. Opacic i feel is good enough, and O'Neill was doing well enough as well, but we do need a strike center or a game breaking winger to add to our backline. We have a fair few players who are solid and dont really let you down in our backline, but very little x factor.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Granville will be 31 by the time next season starts a d he hasn't been firing for a few years. The club can't expect a bloke that age to have a sudden return to form after an off season. Morgs I reckon can bounce back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk