Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 21 Cowboys (H) v Broncos - Teams & Discussion

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Reckon we should fight this. Nothing in the vision suggests eye gouge

Eye gouge or not he's an idiot for even having his hands there after the amount of heat he's copped for it this year. I think he just wanted an early off season tbh

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's contrary conduct, not an eye-gouge. I hope he fights it, gets laughed out of the room and we sack him. I've never wanted his grubby crap at my club. Hated Watts, hated O'Donnell, hated Tariq and now I hate Rat. He's look good in a Catalans jersey alongside Greg Bird.
Contrary conduct meaning what? I don't see how anything in the video justifies a 4 week suspension

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Contrary conduct meaning what? I don't see how anything in the video justifies a 4 week suspension
It would have been shorter, it looks worse due to prior offences.

2 x similar prior (100% loading), 1 x non-similar prior (20% loading) last 2yrs

I think he deserves a stint for being dumb. He got away with two much worse ones this year, they would have been watching for anything else like that.

There's no reason to do the obvious facials that he does. At least try to hide it if he has to be a grub.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, there was nothing in it but he's copping it for the other two charges. It's just dumb. He has to know he's going to be watched closer than any other player. Save it for Origin where it happens in 2-3 tackles every set and no one cares.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
this.

Old mud guts Yvonne Sampson carried on like an old mole at half time about it. Yes, moose put his hand on his face, but it was removed pretty much straight away, all the shots i’ve seen on it he isn’t looking down and you can’t see him gouging him.

This has nothing to do with him being an NQ player either. He should have gone for the Munster gouge, this one seems like it’s over the top and the NRL are trying to play catch up for f***ing it up months ago. I’d fight the ass off this if I were Mcguire, there are dozens of incidents like this every game and yet he gets a charge?!

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Three big off-season signings:

1. Barba - scumbag, sacked
2. Nene - injured, idiot, sacked
3. McGuire - grub, injured, suspended * 2, took out Morgo

How good is 2019?

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I havent warmed to the guy, but there’s nothing in that. At the time, with all the bodies around, I can’t even see how he would even know that it was someone’s face.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Greeny looked pissed when they broke the news to him in the presser.

Onto the game though - I actually thought GGM didn't look too bad. More time in 1st Grade and he'll be a weapon. I know arguably he lost the game for us with that Milford thing, which was a shit call but he saved that certain try too. f*** he can motor, I thought he deserves his place in the side.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if McGuire is actually on 800k like was reported when he signed. Absolutely hilarious if he is. He must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Moose has been excellent. I dont mind the bit of mongrel in his game. Dont like the couple of eye gouges he has done, but that one last night is a joke. Wonder if Pangai will get a charge for his swinging arm on Cooper

Tunza

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Pangai didn't get charged for the high shot or knees to Drinky.

Flegler didn't get charged for the late shoulder charge on Clifford after he kicked (was on report).

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Three big off-season signings:

1. Barba - scumbag, sacked
2. Nene - injured, idiot, sacked
3. McGuire - grub, injured, suspended * 2, took out Morgo

How good is 2019?
Too bad Hayne wasn't available.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Greeny looked pissed when they broke the news to him in the presser.

Onto the game though - I actually thought GGM didn't look too bad. More time in 1st Grade and he'll be a weapon. I know arguably he lost the game for us with that Milford thing, which was a shit call but he saved that certain try too. f*** he can motor, I thought he deserves his place in the side.
I reckon keep him around till the end of season. That should give him enough time to settle down..... Or double down on being a dud.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Agree the players need to shoulder some share of the blame, but I just can't give Green a pass anymore.

This is our biggest game of the year, and the only thing they had left to give to their fans in 2019. The whole team looked like they just woke up from a nap for the first 30 minutes. That to me speaks to a lack of leadership at the club, nobody had them fired up ready to go.

Also think a big reason we lost is our pathetic attack, which still looks as clunky and awful in round 21 as it did in round 2. What is the coach doing to improve that? That is a systemic issue with the way we set up as a team every week, the buck stops with the coach there.
I think last night was a clear example of how much they lent on Thurston. I agree that they have been flat but a coach 's influence stops at the white line.
I can guarantee that with the first Broncos try last night Thurston would have been sprinting back to try and prevent the try. He may not have succeeded but he would have tried. You can't coach that. Where was that on feild leadership last night? These young guys are crying out for a leader and unfortunately players like Coops aren't up to it any more.
At some point the players need to stand up or f*** off........

Yes we have had our fair share of road blocks this year but enough is enough. The coaches / support staff have to take responsibility for the roster, selections, conditioning and structures but at the end of the day if you don't have the players sprinting back to cover their mates the plans might as well be written on the back of a sheet of shit house paper. This is driven by the players and the senior group and they have let the club down badly this year.
The coaches are in a no win situation.

Don't get me wrong. I have questions about Green like everyone else. But for me the lion share of the blame rests with the senior players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
My concern with gideon, is he comes across as a bit of a soft cock, gets that sads when things dont quite go his way, he seems to take every hit personally & looks for revenge rather than focus on the game, however he does look to have bulked up a bit, so happy to see him for the rest of the year. But he has to produce this alleged SPEED otherwise fck him off.

To me the reality is where pretty badly coached atm.

On a side note, had a guy say to me he heard morgan was going to step down......captaincy??? playing???? anybody heard anything or is this just shit talk (was a cowboys supporter)

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
I think last night was a clear example of how much they lent on Thurston. I agree that they have been flat but a coach 's influence stops at the white line.
I can guarantee that with the first Broncos try last night Thurston would have been sprinting back to try and prevent the try. He may not have succeeded but he would have tried. You can't coach that. Where was that on feild leadership last night? These young guys are crying out for a leader and unfortunately players like Coops aren't up to it any more.
At some point the players need to stand up or f*** off........

Yes we have had our fair share of road blocks this year but enough is enough. The coaches / support staff have to take responsibility for the roster, selections, conditioning and structures but at the end of the day if you don't have the players sprinting back to cover their mates the plans might as well be written on the back of a sheet of shit house paper. This is driven by the players and the senior group and they have let the club down badly this year.
The coaches are in a no win situation.

Don't get me wrong. I have questions about Green like everyone else. But for me the lion share of the blame rests with the senior players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agree. Thurston running behind with a towel and water bottle would be more value than the leaders we have now.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
On a side note, had a guy say to me he heard morgan was going to step down......captaincy??? playing???? anybody heard anything or is this just shit talk (was a cowboys supporter)
Probably shit talk but wouldn't surprise me. I hope he digs in and tries to improve rather than go the Ash Taylor route. They don't make them like they used to I guess.