Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 2 Cowboys (A) v Broncos - Teams & Discussion

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Hess drop back to the bench. He would be an asset with impact from the bench and he doesn't look up to it playing 80 minutes

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Hess drop back to the bench. He would be an asset with impact from the bench and he doesn't look up to it playing 80 minutes
he started on the bench friday yeah?

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Talking about plodding. Mosby looks like he has put on about 10 kgs plus and he is an absolute plod compared to his U20 days.

Turkish Cowboy

Junior
Reaction score
Again people blaming Green solely for recruitment when that's Peter Parr's responsibility too. I think we did pretty well there anyway.

We got belted in the forwards for most of last year and there were big question marks over Scott, McGuire was a great signing.

We picked up a dynamic outside back in Nene MacDonald and Kahu isn't an excitement machine but he'd play first grade at a lot of clubs, he's a smart dependable player.

Opacic looked like a decent depth option and put his hand up over the others in the trials but hasn't settled in first grade yet, jury is out with him.

The way we have played in round one and two are totally different to 2018, our attack seems to be largely based around offloading now, last year was the antithesis of that, we barely offloaded at all.

We got totally physically outmatched against the Broncos and when that happens it doesn't matter who the 17 players are.
I am not blaming PG for recruitment but there you see an obvious failure in the offense again and again. Even if some of the players have changed, nothing seemed to change in the style of play. What mostly derailed the team last year is still into existence, which is lack of creativity in the offense. That gotta be on Green, am I wrong?

I see that the team did not have enough time to prepare in the offseason because of the floods in the area, so I will have to wait and see for some more time but from what I have seen so far, it is going to be a long season. Again.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Ah ok I was at the game and am definitely not subjecting myself to any replays, so I missed that.
i was the same mate, I think i got a message before the game saying he was on the bench but i got caught up in the whole pre match shit, my phone was going ape shit with bronco mates taunts so it got lost in the stupidity.

I was haven’t having a crack at you either mate hey, I’m hugely in camp Hess for the bench as well.

Reactions: BDR

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I have to cut them some slack even though I got caught up in the hype again. Still had that little doubt about their ability to serve up Friday's crap very early in the season.

The Ben Barba and the floods may have thrown their preparation right out the window. Normally, when they are fit, they could afford a change in routine but I think they may have had to spend more time in the gym. According to the PEAKING THEORY " this can cause overtiredness and lack of speed, but is a necessary part of fitness and would allow them to go into a mini peak for a longer period.

It is not abnormal, coming out of a heavy program, to put in one hard effort, ( a game ) which is followed up a week later with a totally lethargic display.

I am hoping for a more involved effort next week. To a degree the same excuse could apply to the Pride and the Blackhawks also.

--------------------------------------
My new Avartar, Our PEKIN BANTAM.. ( Freckles )

Attachments

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No. I am going with Pekin. Yours finishes up hanging by its neck in some Chinese Restaurant.

It is my PEAKING THEORY. I have Copyright on it here in the Stampede. Totally proved and successful if they follow the programme.

The Pekin does come from China though. We just want it to lay us the golden egg in October.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah! ---- But we have enough gooses here. ------ Or should that be ( geese ) ----- The Peking Duck gets strung up. -----

So, I am going with Pekin.

Reactions: CC

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Talking about plodding. Mosby looks like he has put on about 10 kgs plus and he is an absolute plod compared to his U20 days.

He probably thinks he's more chance of getting a start if he fits in with the rest of our backline.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There are some big boys there. I wonder how fast they are now. Usual formula is - big increase in weight, big decrease in speed.

It'd probably be pretty frustrating for him as well. Would've thought he'd be getting his big chance with Winters retiring, then the club goes out and actively sources an established winger with an entirely different style to his own. Kind of paints the picture of the style of footy Green wants is to play. Would be kind of demotivating I would think.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It'd probably be pretty frustrating for him as well. Would've thought he'd be getting his big chance with Winters retiring, then the club goes out and actively sources an established winger with an entirely different style to his own. Kind of paints the picture of the style of footy Green wants is to play. Would be kind of demotivating I would think.
He could have cemented a spot last year if he didn't keep getting suspended, don't think he has anyone to blame but himself.

Prince Ernst of Hanover

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
I look at that winger from the Roosters and what he can do when his team puts up an attacking kick to him. I think the days of the shorter winger may be gone.

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Future immortal Pangai junior has the game of his career: 109 metres and 16 tackles.