Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 19 Cowboys (A) v Sharks - Teams & Discussion

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Can't keep saying we are unlucky with injuries. Like BDR said, at some stage you need to look at how the squad is managed. Clifford being dropped a while ago did nothing to help his progression. If he stayed around he may have been just that bit better in offense at this stage. Our forwards aren't even hungry. Probably feel secure in there roles as Green favourites. Mclean is flat out bench material only.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I don't know how much more of this I can take this year. Game in a winning position again with the season on the line against a team on a 5 game losing streak and we fold like that in the last 15. Absolutely embarrassing.

That's the season over now anyways. At least I don't have to care anymore.
season was done last week mate. They would be canon fodder if they limped into the finals.

Greeny will be under the pump next year. Not sure how they turn this around as there isn’t much cattle to buy to sort this mess out.

They went all in with Barba, Nene and to a lesser extent Val. Completely shit the bed, one of the best in NQ history tbh.

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
How good were the 5 days after the Roosters game though. Good memories.
In scrolling back to see how many close losses we’d had, I saw that we actually won three in a row at one point this year.

Does anyone even f***in’ remember that? Wow.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
4 props on the bench, hess in the middle and people thought this would end any different than it did? Greens an idiot. Tualagi should of been center with ggm on the wing. Cotter should be locked onto the bench by now. so frust.rating

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
In scrolling back to see how many close losses we’d had, I saw that we actually won three in a row at one point this year.

Does anyone even f***in’ remember that? Wow.
Can’t say I do.

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Can't keep saying we are unlucky with injuries.
In fairness, can’t recall too many games where we actually finished the game with 17 players healthy or even where we’ve been able to play the same side consecutively. It’s been a shit year from the get-go and with a bit of luck on that front we probably do add a couple W’s to the tally.

That said, doesn’t mean that we should get a free pass for the way we’ve absolutely bottled so many games this year, or for some of the rotations/selections getting made. We’ve had years like this before and managed to come through.

I’m sure Paul Green didn’t set out the year planning to have us start Coen f***ing Hess in the centres, but here we are. What a state we’re in. Who’s up next?

GunsUp42

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Francis Molo is quickly becoming my favourite Cowboy. To come from the lowest of lows, to be back playing first grade, and now being the consistent star performer week in and week out is something to be admired. The attitude he comes off the bench with in both attack and defence is absolutely exemplary and I'd go as far to say that if he played extended minutes the last few weeks we win at least one of those games.

Huge ups to Frank the Tank!

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
In fairness, can’t recall too many games where we actually finished the game with 17 players healthy or even where we’ve been able to play the same side consecutively. It’s been a shit year from the get-go and with a bit of luck on that front we probably do add a couple W’s to the tally.

That said, doesn’t mean that we should get a free pass for the way we’ve absolutely bottled so many games this year, or for some of the rotations/selections getting made. We’ve had years like this before and managed to come through.

I’m sure Paul Green didn’t set out the year planning to have us start Coen f***ing Hess in the centres, but here we are. What a state we’re in. Who’s up next?
No you are right, but he did think he could coach whisper to Barba and the Italian stallion at the beginning of the year. He also had GGM available to play.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Francis Molo is quickly becoming my favourite Cowboy. To come from the lowest of lows, to be back playing first grade, and now being the consistent star performer week in and week out is something to be admired. The attitude he comes off the bench with in both attack and defence is absolutely exemplary and I'd go as far to say that if he played extended minutes the last few weeks we win at least one of those games.

Huge ups to Frank the Tank!

Same here. If the team wasn't picked on reputation he'd be the first forward picked along with Taumalolo. I'd have him starting the game ahead of McLean so he can play 2 stints. We needed him in that last 15 when we were getting rolled.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
To be fair, we're not getting pumped...we're just struggling to close out games because of errors and effort.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
To be fair, we're not getting pumped...we're just struggling to close out games because of errors and effort.

And Murray Tualagi...

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Morgo back on deck next week according to Green’s press conf. Can we get JT back there as well for one final crack at the Leichhardt curse?

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Molo is our best forward after Taumalolo these days. Kind of ridiculous he isn’t starting by now.
He's damaging when he comes on as impact. He doesn't have the stamina for two sets. I'd leave him where he is and then up him in 2021