Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 18 Cowboys (H) v Rabbitohs - Teams & Discussion

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Green said he would have liked to use Murray earlier but couldn't because of his injuries. They must rate him highly if he's straight in after one QLD Cup game and a junior rep game.

I'm excited to see how he goes, the little I've seen from him this year makes me think he's ready for it.

Green said GGM will play QLD Cup this week if he gets through training.

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Who drops off the bench if Morgan does get medical clearance to play? Bolton is the obvious one but Greeny rates him.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Murray is a massive winger, he has been touted for a long while.

I hope Bowen is just holding the position for GGM.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
^
ET hasnt really set the world on fire, but FMD bowen has been very ordinary in his efforts.

Perhaps green is a Spielberg fan & he's hoping for Jango Unchained :cool:

Rumbo

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Murray & Bowen on the same side is going to kill us defensively

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
How does Bowen get a centres gig in front of ET. Yikes.

Excited to see Taulagi debut though!

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unlike others here, I thought Bowen had an improved game. As has been said he looked very drawn but actually had a dig and was very sound except for that missed tackle but at least he had a good attempt. Still looks out of sorts, but that game might just be what he needs to lift himself mentally. I gave him more than a pass in that game.

Now, a lot of our players have lifted their might be less pressure on him being put in no win situations and he can concentrate on his own game a bit more. He has been horrible this season and his Q Cup form after being dropped was cringeworthy, but it was mainly his body language that got to me. He had a dig against the Roosters in a game that we were expected to get pumped, he was on a hiding to nothing, but came through the game where he could hold his head high.

It is games like this that can turn a player's form and confidence around. If Bowen can attempt to turn it all around maybe Bolton can too get over his mental demons that he is surely carrying.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
In my opinion Javid looks physically weak at this level. He gets driven back a lot on his runs, which is a cardinal sin for outside backs who are supposed to be getting our sets rolling. Look at how often Feldty gets his nose through and finds his front even when under pressure.

Same issue in defense, he makes contact but gets dropped off or needs help to finish the tackle. Again an issue in his position where 1-on-1 defense is a vital aspect of the game. In my opinion he has actually gotten substantially worse in defense since the start of his career.

I was a supporter of his early on, but Javid is 26 and not a prospect anymore. He should be in the prime of his career. About time to cut and run IMO.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Greeny said that if he gets through Q-Cup on the weekend he'll be playing next week!
If you mean his comments in the press conference, I think he meant if he gets through training this week he will be playing QLD Cup.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of player is Taulagi? Will he take the hard carries out of our own end? We could use a Winterstein/Linnett style player

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What kind of player is Taulagi? Will he take the hard carries out of our own end? We could use a Winterstein/Linnett style player

He looks to be quite strong from what I've seen so will be able to make the tough carries, but also seems to have a bit of natural flair and good footwork as well. Doesn't look to set the world on fire speed wise but isn't slow either I don't think.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I have only seen him play once. That was in the U20's S.O.O.. he surprised me for a 19 yo. being so tall and athletic looking. At this stage I would say he is more of an athlete, hopefully the toughness will develop.

But, that was in only one game and that game they were outclassed. But if looks count, he looks the goods.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A few years old, but some highlights of when he played schoolboys Rugby. Had a few nice touches.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Burgess being out helps our cause