Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 17 Cowboys (A) v Roosters - Teams & Discussion

bundy bear

Qld Cup Player
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Drinkwater 1
Kahu 6
Clifford 7
Taulagi to debut taking Kahu spot in the Centres

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Bowen to the shadow realm
Taulagi to debut
Asiata to halves
Cotter in

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I agree, my medical research, judging by the angle of the strike and the colour of the grass where his head hit. I would recommend 4 weeks.
Thanks Dr Spacey, I would get a second opinion, but wait, one will come......

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I find it amusing that we’ve all become overnight doctors and are attributing his concussion last week to last nights one. He copped a stray elbow to the head ffs. A concussion last week or not wasn’t going to stop him from being put to sleep. It was a nasty blow that he wasn’t expecting.

I think we can all agree that the best thing for Morgo is a couple of weeks on the sideline, as well as extensive testing to ensure there is no long lasting effects or risks moving forward for him.
When was the last time you made a post that wasn’t directed at how wrong you think people are?

Most of, if not all of the comments are not wrong based on what I’ve read/seen regarding concussion. Sure, he might have been knocked out last night even if he didn’t have the headknock last week. He also might have taken that knock a week before his other headknock and had little effect. We’ll never know.

At the end of the day, I don’t doubt the doctors would’ve legitimately cleared him in time for origin. He’d have to have met benchmarks before getting cleared. Unfortunately, the second concussion will likely make those benchmarks harder for him to reach. But again, who knows? The doctors can’t even be sure.

I’m expecting it to be a lengthy time off. These independent brain doctors don’t have any reason to get him back earlier than they need to. Which is both unfortunate and beneficial for him.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder how Morgo is feeling. I know he won't be playing but would be good to have him on board this week, as politically incorrect that is to say.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I wonder how Morgo is feeling. I know he won't be playing but would be good to have him on board this week, as politically incorrect that is to say.
In that video I linked above Hannay says he is in good spirits and will meet up with the team in Sydney. He and Moose stayed down there.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
In that video I linked above Hannay says he is in good spirits and will meet up with the team in Sydney. He and Moose stayed down there.
I wonder why? Perhaps trying to surgically remove Moose's elbow from his face??

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Wright to be dropped after a good game?
Would be poor form, I hope not. Wouldn't mind if they put Hess on the bench and dropped Bolts although he was also good last game

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Would be poor form, I hope not. Wouldn't mind if they put Hess on the bench and dropped Bolts although he was also good last game
I'd like Hess to go to ISC for a week or two. Not as a punishment for playing poorly, just to remind him how good he is at punching through holes. Leave Wright were he is.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming we are going to have mcguire at nine some point during the game. Asiata and McGuire are both apart of the spine...

F*** it Hess to fullback

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hope we can win this one for Coops. What a terrific servant he's been to the club