Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 17 Cowboys (A) v Roosters - Teams & Discussion

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The only issue I have with McGuire is eye gouging. He shouldn't be doing that.

Other than that he can go round smashing blokes and gobbin off all day long. Love it!

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I still find it hard to believe he's a Cowboy. In Origin I had to keep reminding myself he plays for us now.

I guess we needed a bit of niggle, our pack has been a bit too nice for so long so it's good for a change.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Read this article earlier today - it's a nothing opinion column but reminded me of this conversation. Moose has definitely earned my respect this season. Yes he's a grub but he doesn't go into hiding when the bill comes due.

Nothing worse than a grub who takes cheap shots and hides behind the ref's back when someone tries to put one back on him. Michael Ennis was one of the worst offenders
No way, Ennis was just a menace according to the nsw media. A lovable rogue, if you will.

Reactions: BDR

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No way, Ennis was just a menace according to the nsw media. A lovable rogue, if you will.
He interrupts the other presenters while they're speaking on Fox.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Read this article earlier today - it's a nothing opinion column but reminded me of this conversation. Moose has definitely earned my respect this season. Yes he's a grub but he doesn't go into hiding when the bill comes due.
got a try in the SOO ... he reminds a bit of Crocker

Reactions: BDR

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, since we have a McGuire appreciation thread I may as well chime in. He is our second best forward. Both are consistent in effort and on field achievements. Good role models in that sense for the rest of the pack, especially the fresher faces.

Re: on-field eyelash removal techniques, it's probably best left to the optometrists. I liked Wayne Bennett's response after the Burgess incident in that after all these years he had no answers why some players do it.

I wonder whether it is a calculated build up of frustration or a heat of the moment thing, like when a UFC fighter gets KO-ed and some adrenaline filled opponents rush in and put a couple of extra shots in. I probably lean towards Bennett's appraisal and go with f-knows.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
I've always been a bit of a fan of Moose. He's a bit of a throwback to an era long gone, plus he's got a bit of a pirate-viking thing going on, which I think we can all dig. Was glad when we signed him as I think we lack a bit of a hard edge.

At the end of the day we look much better with him on the park, his effort is undisputed and he never goes missing. He does have that annoying 'give one penalty away at the worst time' thing, but he generally makes up for it. His leadership through grit and showing the lads what to do is immense, they younger dudes and Molo will be better with him there and dare I say McLean.

Yeah the Rat!

Bass Player

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
McGuire's all about the niggle, not inflicting injury. He doesn't eye-gouge, he rubs your face, tapping his fingers around your cheeks in an attempt to get you to swing. He knows exactly what he's doing. And yeah, he's happy to take it as well as give it.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I thought the eye gouging thing was mildly beaten up by the press tbh. The Munster one looked extremely questionable but the 2nd time it came up (Dylan Walker?) it wasn't a gouge at all.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah the Dylan Walker incident was just a hand in the face, no gouge. Might sound like a hot take but Moose is having his best ever season with us this year. He's killing it every week. Been a great signing.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So when is the statue getting announced?

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I love how Moose plays. An absolute competitor. Apparently his bad eye is going to turn white. How mad is he going to look when that happens!

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I'm surprised more teams don't try and exploit his blindness. Maybe they do and he's adjusted well or something.

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Rorters almost put 50 on the Knights, different team, crazy