Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 17 Cowboys (A) v Roosters - Teams & Discussion

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Was this ever in doubt? This season has largely been a dumpster fire, I don't think there's a soul alive who thinks we're a premiership threat
Fck, dont let Greeny know, he'll just go on holidays

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sydney Cowboy

Junior
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Given how poor our season has been hard to believe we are 2 points behind the knights who the media have been singing their praises all season

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Our lads seemed to benefit hugely from the long break, first full eighty minute performance with some real strong efforts in defence.

After half time the Roosters really came at us in entirely expected fashion. Earlier in the season it is fair to say we would have wilted in the face of that. But to their credit they withstood the barrage and came back strongly. There was a tactical error in allowing Asiata to kick on the fifth, but this was soon rectified. I felt the win was built on the back of good kicks. Not letting Manu have time and space was decisive.

Based on that effort a strong push for a final eight spot is definitely on. Particularly with Clifford continuing to develop and controlling the team nicely with his kicking game. Hopefully Morgan gets a good break to recuperate also.

Bongohead667

First Grader
Reaction score
Our lads seemed to benefit hugely from the long break, first full eighty minute performance with some real strong efforts in defence.

After half time the Roosters really came at us in entirely expected fashion. Earlier in the season it is fair to say we would have wilted in the face of that. But to their credit they withstood the barrage and came back strongly. There was a tactical error in allowing Asiata to kick on the fifth, but this was soon rectified. I felt the win was built on the back of good kicks. Not letting Manu have time and space was decisive.

Based on that effort a strong push for a final eight spot is definitely on. Particularly with Clifford continuing to develop and controlling the team nicely with his kicking game. Hopefully Morgan gets a good break to recuperate also.
The long break certainly allowed the boys to rest up and heal the niggles most players are carrying by this point in the season. The ladder outside the top 4 is really close so making the 8 is definately on if the boys keep putting in like today.

Drinkwater should learn a few things from this game. Unlike the Dragons, the Roosters never gave him an inch so his running game was shut down. Hopefully the next time this happens he uses his passing game more. His defense was good like last game. Very happy with his addition to the team and excited to see what he's like by this time next year :D

Donelec

Junior
Donor
Reaction score
Clifford on report for a trip. Robinson says in his press conference he can’t see him having any problem. Hope he’s right

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone think Clifford might be in trouble for the trip? That would be awful.

It looked pretty bad but the NRL have leaned towards fining instead of suspension this year so far

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone think Clifford might be in trouble for the trip? That would be awful.

It looked pretty bad but the NRL have leaned towards fining instead of suspension this year so far
Didn't look that bad to me, and was more of a reaction then deliberate foul play.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He might get a fine, that's about it.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Didn't look that bad to me, and was more of a reaction then deliberate foul play.
yea, he didn't extend his leg, could have easily been let go if you hold your ground and someone stepping inside

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
1st course chicken soup, 2nd course rabbit stew, just what a Cowboy needs after a hard days mustering NRL cattle.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Shaggy looked good playing 80 that game. i think that is the best "80" I have seen him play .. he managed it well

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Great win yesterday. Hopefully it might help quell the sh!tposting that's been making the site unbearable for the last few weeks too!

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Finally got to watch the game. Good win. Looked like a pretty good team. Morgan, when he gets back (no hurry) will really bring forward the attack with Drinkwater and Clifford.

Good to see Clifford looking more comfortable and confident.
Drinkwater is pure class.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Didn’t get to go to the game as I was in Canberra freezing my ass off at the Go Kart track all day (annoyingly, the first game I could actually go to that isn’t a Thursday night or Friday 6pm game, we have our first ever Sunday race.)

Saw everyone’s favourite journalist post a well done cowboys tweet, and went and checked the score. At that point my app was showing 13-12. Boy was I pumped. It’s these close field goal games that can really kick start a season. 2015 it was round 3 or 4, 2019 is unfortunately round 17 hahaha. But everyone else is shit too, so a good run from here and anything is possible.