Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 17 Cowboys (A) v Roosters - Teams & Discussion

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Whose sick of hearing me bang on about "The Peaking "

Seriously, I believe in momentum, providing you have the ability to take advantage of it. We have been building for a few weeks now, but things didn't go our way.

I try to lighten up this place and throw in some Cryptic knowledge. I thought the Roosters were beatable, and Sportsbet's $4.35 was too good not to have a lazy $10 on them.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed his spot in the halves is cemented now.
I'd like to see how him & drinky would go in the halves with morgo at the back.............yeah....nah

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Spiral

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed his spot in the halves is cemented now.
Well he did miss two field goals so probably should spend the rest of the year in Cairns A-Grade thinking about what he’s done.

In all seriousness though great stuff from him when we needed it most. Hope that’s the confidence boost he needs to kick on.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score

Seriously, I believe in momentum, providing you have the ability to take advantage of it. We have been building for a few weeks now, but things didn't go our way.

I try to lighten up this place and throw in some Cryptic knowledge. I thought the Roosters were beatable, and Sportsbet's $4.35 was too good not to have a lazy $10 on them.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the last three losses were really disappointing and hard to take but the boys were staying in the games and even getting on top for a lot of the time. They just had bad luck and some bad execution against them. Despite the results, I felt positive about the way they were playing.

This week we still had some problems with the execution but the defense was a further improvement and the boys kept fighting and got the job done.

If Morgo can come back and Drinky can strike up a combo with the rest of the spine, we can go on a run from here.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, the last three losses were really disappointing and hard to take but the boys were putting themselves in the match and even getting on top for a lot of the time. They just had bad luck and some bad execution against them. Despite the results, I felt positive.

This week we still had some problems with the execution but the defense was a further improvement and the boys kept fighting and got the job done.

If Morgo can come back and Drinky can strike up a combo with the rest of the spine, we can go on a run from here.
This.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Clifford's kicking was outstanding, I just wish he moved around a bit more. I don't know if it is Green's way of doing things, but he was pretty much anchored to that left edge except for his try. Cramps us up so much in attack especially when our best attacking edge is the right.

The good news is there's still a lot of improvement in the team, hopefully they gain some self-belief out of that win and we can carry it forward.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Clifford's kicking was outstanding, I just wish he moved around a bit more. I don't know if it is Green's way of doing things, but he was pretty much anchored to that left edge except for his try. Cramps us up so much in attack especially when our best attacking edge is the right.

The good news is there's still a lot of improvement in the team, hopefully they gain some self-belief out of that win and we can carry it forward.
I really dont get the love for him.....
To me he's very one dimensional, but perhaps its still to close to JT's retirement & i expect to much

Trouble is at R17 you dont want "lots of improvement" .....if the team need to improve lots to be competitive with top 4 teams, then we're going nowhere.

My general observations though.....
Kahu is a spud, injury prone & soft
Hess had his moment of glory 2 years ago, offers nothing atm
Tommy oppa could well be our best buy this year.
As stated Jango is a qcup player at best, he's gone backwards this year
Thumper & bolts should retire at the end of the year (or pushed out)
I'll eat my words on McGuire he's been solid & has that mongrel weve been lacking recently

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Trouble is at R17 you dont want "lots of improvement" .....if the team need to improve lots to be competitive with top 4 teams, then we're going nowhere.
So you want us to go from shit to premiership contenders without improvement? This statement makes no sense.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
So you want us to go from shit to premiership contenders without improvement? This statement makes no sense.
No, what I'm saying is that if we need lots of improvement at R17, then we're not serious premiership contenders.

Though if the eels win by 10, that will help our cause

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No, what I'm saying is that if we need lots of improvement at R17, then we're not serious premiership contenders.

Was this ever in doubt? This season has largely been a dumpster fire, I don't think there's a soul alive who thinks we're a premiership threat

Spacey

Captain
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Come on mate, all we need to do is win the next 11 in a row and we've made the GF

Billythefish

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I really dont get the love for him.....
To me he's very one dimensional, but perhaps its still to close to JT's retirement & i expect to much

My general observations though.....
Kahu is a spud, injury prone & soft
Hess had his moment of glory 2 years ago, offers nothing atm
Tommy oppa could well be our best buy this year.
As stated Jango is a qcup player at best, he's gone backwards this year
Thumper & bolts should retire at the end of the year (or pushed out)
I'll eat my words on McGuire he's been solid & has that mongrel weve been lacking recently

Kahu should be playing on the wing like he did for the donkeys. Only position he has ever seemed to get a decent run of games in.