Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 15 Cowboys (A) v Dragons - Teams & Discussion

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I like our team. Think we can build this curRent team up to premiership winners with only a few tweaks over the next few years. Did not pay attention to Robson tonight . Did he look alright ? Think Granville is playing excellent and hope coen Hess stays injured for a while
Drinkwater definitely looks to have solved one of our two major positional issues. Robson looked bright but didn't notice him much (think he was playing as a lock?) so jury is out if he will solve the other.

I have a feeling we will plod along until post Origin then come good towards the end of the season once a few of these injured blokes come back and the combos start to gel. We'll see just enough to realise how much better we could have done this year.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will plod along until post Origin then come good towards the end of the season once a few of these injured blokes come back and the combos start to gel. We'll see just enough to realise how much better we could have done this year.

This seems like it's becoming a habit for us

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Drinkwater definitely looks to have solved one of our two major positional issues. Robson looked bright but didn't notice him much (think he was playing as a lock?) so jury is out if he will solve the other.

Robson has been playing lock in almost all of his games this year. He got about 60 minutes last week at hooker when McInnes got knocked out. It’s only 60 minutes but he didn’t set the world on fire for mine. Threw a forward pass from the ruck that was Granville-esque.

Reactions: BDR

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Tuala and Kahu need to be swapped around.

Wright looks the goods. him and dunny should be the starting backrowers in 2020.

Coops looks his age this season, been an absolute war horse along with Thumper but it’s time to give it away for NQ I’m afraid.

H20 looks like a gun. 2019 is done but not over. Time to build for 2020.

Tatedog

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Tuala and Kahu need to be swapped around.

Wright looks the goods. him and dunny should be the starting backrowers in 2020.

Coops looks his age this season, been an absolute war horse along with Thumper but it’s time to give it away for NQ I’m afraid.

H20 looks like a gun. 2019 is done but not over. Time to build for 2020
Green is in a tough spot there. The current configuration isnt palatable but Tuala is a bit of a defensive liability at centre which is why I'd guess he got shifted out of there in the first place. Hopefully we can get some more players back from injury soon and some other options open up for Greeny.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Kahu is still busted, he's probably only playing because we have so many injuries. Look at his output in attack and his tackling technique compared to previous games. It was the same last game.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Green is in a tough spot there. The current configuration isnt palatable but Tuala is a bit of a defensive liability at centre which is why I'd guess he got shifted out of there in the first place. Hopefully we can get some more players back from injury soon and some other options open up for Greeny.
For mine he looked far more comfortable and competent when he was defending in the centres.

CairnsCow

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
so on Fox after the game is lost they now say Tarric should face the judge for a head high ... what a farce the NSWRL is especially after all the crap they have been going on about protecting players heads.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So Sterlo and James Graham are going to donate their brains to research. What do they expect to find exactly? They play a contact sport, concussions are always going to happen. They're erring on the side of caution with the HIA. rules these days. We've also seen players like Keary and TMM taking long breaks from the game to deal with the effects of such collisions. The NFL has shown that helmets don't really make any difference when it comes to the effects of CTE either. The shoulder charge is gone... Besides eliminating tackling from the game and changing the rules to touch, what else can really be done about it?

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So Sterlo and James Graham are going to donate their brains to research. What do they expect to find exactly? They play a contact sport, concussions are always going to happen. They're erring on the side of caution with the HIA. rules these days. We've also seen players like Keary and TMM taking long breaks from the game to deal with the effects of such collisions. The NFL has shown that helmets don't really make any difference when it comes to the effects of CTE either. The shoulder charge is gone... Besides eliminating tackling from the game and changing the rules to touch, what else can really be done about it?
Not sure exactly who these players are donating their brains to, but there are some studies underway in the U.S. that are looking at the mechanisms of how the damage works and what systems are affected by CTE. It's often not until many years down the line where the symptoms show themselves (plenty of boxers are a good example).

Understanding how this stuff works is the first step to developing treatments that delay or minimise the symptoms later in life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_University_CTE_Center_and_Brain_Bank

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
well having fuckwits like Tariq Sims stop hitting other players around the jaw would be a start..........

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
well having fuckwits like Tariq Sims stop hitting other players around the jaw would be a start..........

That's wishful thinking...

Tbh I didn't think Tariq's hit tonight was too bad. Probably could've been a penalty but was nowhere near send off territory or anything. Have seen a lot worse this year.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Now that I've had more time to digest the game - really happy with Cliffo efforts tonight. That's the Cliffo we all saw in Q-Cup and in U20s. That's the dude who won the last NYC Dally M ever. We just need ... more.

I noticed it in Opacic earlier this season. There was a moment in round 5/6 when we won and you could see he was completely ruined, the look on his face was 'jesus, this is what I have to do now. Every week' - then he's gone on to score in almost every game since. I feel like this was Cliffo's version of that, he was rooted by the end, but he was still there fighting. Good stuff to see.

Drinky was parts rusty, parts awesome, but more on the awesome side. For the first time in a long time I can see we have a FB that ticks the boxes and has the potential to be the next big thing for a while.

Wrighty just gave it is bloody all. Honestly, just no nonsense resilience and throwing himself at the line and defending out the arse. Hess has to pick his shit up.

Lolo was at his usual amazingness. I wonder how hard we'd fall without him? The dude is a machine, how he is expected to keep this up for the next 8 seasons I have no idea.