Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 10 Cowboys (H) v Eels - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The Sharks had 6 players in their 17 last weekend who are eligible for Rookie of the Year. Manly have a bad roster and are without Tom Trbojevic and DCE and are 5th. I hate both sides but they're doing great with what they've got.

We've had basically 1 injury to a star player this year and we're 13th.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The Sharks had 6 players in their 17 last weekend who are eligible for Rookie of the Year. Manly have a bad roster and are without Tom Trbojevic and DCE and are 5th. I hate both sides but they're doing great with what they've got.

We've had basically 1 injury to a star player this year and we're 13th.
Yep and the key difference between those clubs and ours? Attitude of the players they can keep on the field. They defend their mistakes and try their best. I wish our squad had as much fight in it.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Scott has 'unfinished business' with Maroons
Joel Gould NRL.com
Mon 13 May 2019, 05:03 PM

Matt Scott says he has unfinished business with Queensland as he targets a State of Origin recall three years since last playing representative football.

The 33-year-old prop has his sights set on inspiring the next generation of Maroons forwards in one last campaign after playing 22 Origins since 2006.
The Cowboys veteran missed the 2017 Origin series with a knee injury while a back and neck injury ruled him out of games two and three of last year's series.

Scott, an integral member of Queensland's decade of Origin dominance, was asked in the wake of the Cowboys' round-nine loss to the Rabbitohs whether the fire still burns to play again with the Maroons.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I think anyone that has played for Queensland or State of Origin, the desire never leaves you to play again," he said.
"The last two years I have missed out through injury and I do feel as though I have unfinished business there.

"I've said all along that, despite what everybody thinks, there are a lot of good young forwards coming through for Queensland at the moment. [Dylan] Napa is back on the field and guys like that. If I don't get picked I am more than happy with what I have done and I have a lot of faith in the next generation of Maroons."

Maroons middle forwards Napa, Jarrod Wallace, Tim Glasby and Jai Arrow have played 16 Origin games between them while Christian Welch and Joe Ofahengaue are yet to play in the Origin arena.

It is leading that next generation into battle for another series that still excites Scott.

"I'd love to. I look at the effect that Petero [Civoniceva] had on me when I was coming through and I'd love to have that same impact on the next generation of Maroons," he said.

"I think they are doing a great job at the moment and if I wasn't there then there is enough experience with Moose [Josh McGuire] and Matty Gillett to lead them on, but I'd be more than happy to be back there.

"I talked to [Maroons coach Kevin Walters] early in the year and he said that he'd love to have me there if I was playing well so. I knew I needed to start the year a bit better than I did last year and I have tried to do that. Who knows if it has been good enough."

Walters said recently that Scott's early-season form had been better than last year and former Queensland captain Cameron Smith told NRL.com that his hit-ups had just as much starch as when he was a Maroons regular.

"Scotty is carrying the ball as good as he has ever carried it so I can't see why he wouldn't be in the picture come selection time," he said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/scott-has-unfinished-business-with-maroons/
No he doesn't.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I just don't understand the non-selecion of Clifford. We have a young half of the future and instead of letting him build his craft at the top level and building for the future, he's dropped for some cryptic reason by Green. I don't think his last game in first grade was that bad either if I remember correctly.

The Cowboys will lose Clifford to another club if they're not careful. I know JA has some great ball-playing ability and all that, but he had plenty of mistakes against souths and I think he's an attempt at a band-aid solution.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yep, I love Asiata as a player but he is not the long term halves solution. Very average against the Bunnies. He is best as a hard running forward who can create, like Glen Hall.

#FreeCliffo

Jenko

Junior
Reaction score
Success speaks no excuses for the cowboys
Biggest issue with the club at present is youth development
If Green left tommorrow what’s his legacy??
The club has not retained players they should have in the last 3 to 4 years
Letting Ponga go speaks for itself he was an NRL star after 3 appearances with Newcastle yet couldn’t get a run at cowboys
And then there’s the style of football
Absolutely 1 out no second phase

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Yep, I love Asiata as a player but he is not the long term halves solution. Very average against the Bunnies. He is best as a hard running forward who can create, like Glen Hall.

#FreeCliffo
Greeny said as much last night on local news "JA is not the long term solution, Cliffo needs to get some confidence back in Qcup, like Juz has done"
I think unless you are in the 'inner circle' at cowboys HQ we're only speculating about green & co, he's always played his cards close to his chest so in reality we'd have nfi about selections & his youth policy

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BDR

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Greeny said as much last night on local news "JA is not the long term solution, Cliffo needs to get some confidence back in Qcup, like Juz has done"
I think unless you are in the 'inner circle' at cowboys HQ we're only speculating about green & co, he's always played his cards close to his chest so in reality we'd have nfi about his selections & his youth policy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
NFI about selections? We have all seen his selections for 5 years! A pretty decent sample size! I think we have a VERY good idea about his selections and his youth (lack of) policy.

Reactions: CC

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
NFI about selections? We have all seen his selections for 5 years! A pretty decent sample size! I think we have a VERY good idea about his selections and his youth (lack of) policy.
Like I said, unless you're part of the coaching staff, you/we are not privy to coaching selections and the reasons behind them, you're just basically expressing an emotion based opinion on a fan forum.
I don't disagree that his coaching credentials are coming into question, and nothing I or anyone else says on here is going to change that, so the options are to accept the current situation or go and support another team, whose coach you like.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I don't know why the club couldn't have just told us that from the beginning like every other club would have.
I’m not a fan of the secrecy the club has devolved into recently. The Cowboys are not a personal play thing of the current staff. They are owned by the community.

It’s not good enough imo. And they are always hassling us to buy memberships etc.

The current people running the club have to do better.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Still reckon he did it throwing his leg over his new Harley.

Was good to have him back even if he wasn't as his best. Most likely take a while for him to get back into the swing of things...we need his kickoffs back.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Harley Quinn perhaps ;);)

I reckon he'd go for the crazy ones
He had a crack at a bird I was messing around with. Can confirm he goes for the crazies. Did my best to encourage her to get around our premiership hero and facilitate his needs however she begrudgingly rejected his advances. She doesn’t know what she’s missing out on.

Bass Player

Junior
Reaction score
so the options are to accept the current situation or go and support another team, whose coach you like.
This is to miss the point. The people on the Green Out side of the argument, support the Cowboys and the reason they are currently so vocal is that they believe he is ruining the club they support. It would be a very strange situation, don't you think, if fans on a club forum, simply hopped over to another team rather than post on their fan forum how pissed they are about the current situation (which they will not accept) and why, specifically, they think Green should go, not them ; that must have struck you, surely.