Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 10 Cowboys (H) v Eels - Teams & Discussion

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
My God Scott is delusional. Talking Origin when, on form, he should be in Queensland Cup.
Yep he's not going to go without a fight. It has to be one of the reasons the playing group just isn't giving 100% this year.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
For all we know the club has already re-signed Matt Scott for another few years.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/boe19l
Te Maire Martin may be out of the team but he’s far from forgotten.

The 23-year-old North Queensland five-eighth has been sidelined with a scary condition, a brain bleed for which the reason is still unclear.

For the past two weeks he has been resting at home in Townsville while he continues to undergo testing to find the cause of the condition, which gives him severe headaches that come on randomly.

Unable to train, he is house-bound.

It wasn’t until last Thursday he was well enough to come to Cowboys HQ and see his teammates, who have a deep concern for their mate.

“He gets a sore head every now and then, it’s always random but we’re just trying to keep in contact with him and making sure that he knows that we’re here for him,” says teammate and halves replacement John Asiata.

“I think [Jordan Kahu] went over the night before to have dinner with him. It’s just trying to make sure we give him space to rest but show him if he really needs us we’re here for him.”

The injury was a shock for not only Martin, but the club, who are doing everything possible to rally around him. In the meantime, his family have flown to Townsville to be by his side.

“He always says he’s doing good. But you always need to check,” Asiata says.

“I think it was Thursday was his first time in, he came in and watched the boys train. He said he felt really good just being able to see the boys again because he hasn’t seen everyone since that Monday training that he had last.

“His mum and dad are coming up for the majority of the time until they know he’s going to be able to progress and be better. It’ll be good for him to have his mum around.”

In the meantime, Asiata is the man to partner Michael Morgan in the halves.

The 26-year-old played his junior footy there before he had a growth spurt in the under 16s and moved to lock.

However, he says it’s taxing on his body as he gets used to the increased amount of running he needs to do — which he says has doubled from four kilometres per game to eight.

“It’s a little bit different because in the middle I probably play 40 minutes,” he says.

“The running is a little bit different, it’s more high speed. That gave me a bit of a shock to the system. I started cramping. I’m not used to it.”

The Cowboys will face the Eels on Saturday at 1300SMILES Stadium.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This forum is such an echo chamber it's unbelievable!

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
For all we know the club has already re-signed Matt Scott for another few years.
Scott and Bolton have signed new multi year deals. The club just doesn’t want to announce it because they are worried about the reaction (I jest of course)- like when they were too embarrassed to announce Justin Oneill’s re-signing.

Is that the strangest thing you have seen the Cowboys club do? Keep a re-signing on the down low because they were so worried about negative reaction to it?

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Same shit, different week. I have officially lost all confidence in Paul Green to lead our club out of the ditch he has seemingly dug himself. The calls for his sacking will start to commence.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No changes to the 17 from last week:

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tom Opacic
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/05/14/nrl-team-list-round-10-v-eels/

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
No changes to the 17 from last week:

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Enari Tuala
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tom Opacic
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/05/14/nrl-team-list-round-10-v-eels/
They have it different in that article, just the same 17 (with Opacic in the centres), still no McGuire and has GGM fresh into the extended reserves after escaping his biting allegation.

Cowboys team to play Eels:
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Tom Opacic
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (C)
8. Matt Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves

18. Corey Jensen
19. Gideon Gela-Mosby
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
They must've copy and pasted the same lineup they posted last Tuesday because I copy and pasted it straight from that article without even checking lol

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
They must've copy and pasted the same lineup they posted last Tuesday because I copy and pasted it straight from that article without even checking lol

Lol gotta love it, not even the media guy is winning at the moment.

Jenko

Junior
Reaction score
Someone please explain
I watched the cowboys live during the weekend vs Rabbitohs
Matt Scott was completely gassed after 12 to 15 mins and Green left him on
Cook exposes Scott and the game gets away
Then,Taumalolo is replaced at the 37 th minute
???? 3 mins before half time
I’m absolutely feed up with Paul Green and the mismanagement of our proud club
The youth development is not progressive and working, our player retention decisions are way off the mark(Ponga,Kikau,Smith???)and the players are not managed through open communication and honesty
Please remember, this club came 13th last season
Green has no capability to coach the team
Change is required

Woody

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand the non-selecion of Clifford. We have a young half of the future and instead of letting him build his craft at the top level and building for the future, he's dropped for some cryptic reason by Green. I don't think his last game in first grade was that bad either if I remember correctly.

The Cowboys will lose Clifford to another club if they're not careful. I know JA has some great ball-playing ability and all that, but he had plenty of mistakes against souths and I think he's an attempt at a band-aid solution.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jenko

Junior
Reaction score
I just don't understand the non-selecion of Clifford. We have a young half of the future and instead of letting him build his craft at the top level and building for the future, he's dropped for some cryptic reason by Green. I don't think his last game in first grade was that bad either if I remember correctly.

The Cowboys will lose Clifford to another club if they're not careful. I know JA has some great ball-playing ability and all that, but he had plenty of mistakes against souths and I think he's an attempt at a band-aid solution.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Agree 100%

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Leaving Clifford out and playing Asiata is an indication that Green feels his job is under pressure. It’s short term thinking not long term thinking. He’s just trying to win games in the immediate short term to try and get the pressure off his back. It’s just about self preservation not about what’s the best for the club in the long term.

I reckon he is going to get sacked this year.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
The irony is we had the same situation under Neil Henry with Lolo. Just wouldn't keep him in the side. We would have lost Lolo if neil had stayed. Green is repeating the same mistake. So who is going to come in and replace Green and cement Clifford in the 17?

Jenko

Junior
Reaction score
Agree I gave Him 12 rounds but looks like he’ll survive to end of year