Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 10 Cowboys (H) v Eels - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Round 10
Saturday, May 18
5:30pm (local time)
1300SMILES Stadium

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Tom Opacic
5. Ben Hampton
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (c)
8. Matthew Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:
14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

Reserves:
18. Corey Jensen
19. Gideon Gela-Mosby
20. Shane Wright
21. Jake Clifford

Coach: Paul Green

Parramatta Eels

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. George Jennings
3. Josh Hoffman
4. Brad Takairangi
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Will Smith
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Daniel Alvaro
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Marata Niukore
13. Manu Ma'u

Interchange:
14. Peni Terepo
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tepai Moera
17. Oregon Kaufusi

Reserves:
18. Kane Evans
19. Matt McIlwrick
20. Jaeman Salmon
21. Bevan French

Coach: Brad Arthur

Last edited:

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if it'll be a good or a bad thing playing the Eels after that 54 point loss.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We'd be f****d if this game was at Bankwest

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
01. Kahu
02. Feldt
03. O’neill
04. Tuala
05. Hampton
06. Clifford
07. Morgan
08. Jensen
09. Granville
10. McLean
11. Dunn
12. Taumalolo
13. Asiata

14. Baptise
15. Hess
16. Molo
17. Gilbert

If I see Scott named at the expense of Jensen yet again I think I’ll have to start going to therapy. Enough is enough. Calls need to be made on players roles at the clubs, and if they’re not than Green can f*** off for all I care.

As for the game, I don’t have much confidence in getting the win. Parra are a quality side when they rock up with the right attitude. Zero chance they rock up this week like they did against melbourne. Expecting them to be on from the moment a ball is kicked and be too good for us.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What about,
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Feldt????
3. Justin O'Neill
4. Tom Opacic
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Michael Morgan (c)
7. Jake Clifford
8.Corey Jensen
9 Kurt Baptiste
10. Jordan McLean
11. John Asiata
12. Jason Taumalolo
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:
14. Francis Molo
15. Mitch Dunn (Cover all)
16. Coen Hess
17. Wright/Gilbert

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Gilbert is no chance unless we've given up signing another player from outside the club for this year, rumours say we're still looking at a couple.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Gilbert is no chance unless we've given up signing another player from outside the club for this year, rumours say we're still looking at a couple.
Forgot he’s only a development player. f***.

Unless we’re bringing over Robson early, we should 100% promote Gilbert.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unless injured Scott won't miss a game this season

Reactions: BDR

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
I reckon next year for him. He's only 18. He's great to be sure, but we want him great for a long time. Give Jensen, Dunn and Molo their shot.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Unless injured Scott won't miss a game this season
unfortunately i think you’re right mate. One of the try’s through him yesterday was scored right in front of me, he’s been an absolute warhorse for us, but his time is up. Said it last year as well, whatevs, we’re in for another shitbox of a year.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Scott has 'unfinished business' with Maroons
Joel Gould NRL.com
Mon 13 May 2019, 05:03 PM

Matt Scott says he has unfinished business with Queensland as he targets a State of Origin recall three years since last playing representative football.

The 33-year-old prop has his sights set on inspiring the next generation of Maroons forwards in one last campaign after playing 22 Origins since 2006.
The Cowboys veteran missed the 2017 Origin series with a knee injury while a back and neck injury ruled him out of games two and three of last year's series.

Scott, an integral member of Queensland's decade of Origin dominance, was asked in the wake of the Cowboys' round-nine loss to the Rabbitohs whether the fire still burns to play again with the Maroons.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I think anyone that has played for Queensland or State of Origin, the desire never leaves you to play again," he said.
"The last two years I have missed out through injury and I do feel as though I have unfinished business there.

"I've said all along that, despite what everybody thinks, there are a lot of good young forwards coming through for Queensland at the moment. [Dylan] Napa is back on the field and guys like that. If I don't get picked I am more than happy with what I have done and I have a lot of faith in the next generation of Maroons."

Maroons middle forwards Napa, Jarrod Wallace, Tim Glasby and Jai Arrow have played 16 Origin games between them while Christian Welch and Joe Ofahengaue are yet to play in the Origin arena.

It is leading that next generation into battle for another series that still excites Scott.

"I'd love to. I look at the effect that Petero [Civoniceva] had on me when I was coming through and I'd love to have that same impact on the next generation of Maroons," he said.

"I think they are doing a great job at the moment and if I wasn't there then there is enough experience with Moose [Josh McGuire] and Matty Gillett to lead them on, but I'd be more than happy to be back there.

"I talked to [Maroons coach Kevin Walters] early in the year and he said that he'd love to have me there if I was playing well so. I knew I needed to start the year a bit better than I did last year and I have tried to do that. Who knows if it has been good enough."

Walters said recently that Scott's early-season form had been better than last year and former Queensland captain Cameron Smith told NRL.com that his hit-ups had just as much starch as when he was a Maroons regular.

"Scotty is carrying the ball as good as he has ever carried it so I can't see why he wouldn't be in the picture come selection time," he said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/scott-has-unfinished-business-with-maroons/

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Scott has 'unfinished business' with Maroons
Joel Gould NRL.com
Mon 13 May 2019, 05:03 PM

Matt Scott says he has unfinished business with Queensland as he targets a State of Origin recall three years since last playing representative football.

The 33-year-old prop has his sights set on inspiring the next generation of Maroons forwards in one last campaign after playing 22 Origins since 2006.
The Cowboys veteran missed the 2017 Origin series with a knee injury while a back and neck injury ruled him out of games two and three of last year's series.

Scott, an integral member of Queensland's decade of Origin dominance, was asked in the wake of the Cowboys' round-nine loss to the Rabbitohs whether the fire still burns to play again with the Maroons.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't. I think anyone that has played for Queensland or State of Origin, the desire never leaves you to play again," he said.
"The last two years I have missed out through injury and I do feel as though I have unfinished business there.

"I've said all along that, despite what everybody thinks, there are a lot of good young forwards coming through for Queensland at the moment. [Dylan] Napa is back on the field and guys like that. If I don't get picked I am more than happy with what I have done and I have a lot of faith in the next generation of Maroons."

Maroons middle forwards Napa, Jarrod Wallace, Tim Glasby and Jai Arrow have played 16 Origin games between them while Christian Welch and Joe Ofahengaue are yet to play in the Origin arena.

It is leading that next generation into battle for another series that still excites Scott.

"I'd love to. I look at the effect that Petero [Civoniceva] had on me when I was coming through and I'd love to have that same impact on the next generation of Maroons," he said.

"I think they are doing a great job at the moment and if I wasn't there then there is enough experience with Moose [Josh McGuire] and Matty Gillett to lead them on, but I'd be more than happy to be back there.

"I talked to [Maroons coach Kevin Walters] early in the year and he said that he'd love to have me there if I was playing well so. I knew I needed to start the year a bit better than I did last year and I have tried to do that. Who knows if it has been good enough."

Walters said recently that Scott's early-season form had been better than last year and former Queensland captain Cameron Smith told NRL.com that his hit-ups had just as much starch as when he was a Maroons regular.

"Scotty is carrying the ball as good as he has ever carried it so I can't see why he wouldn't be in the picture come selection time," he said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/13/scott-has-unfinished-business-with-maroons/

Delusional.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe their should be a round called developmental round , might force greens hand on some obvious changes that need to happen.

stevealbertqld

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I actually thought scott’s hit ups have been really good the last two weeks, he would get absoloutely found out in defence in origin though. Would be a bad mistake. I honestly would not be surprised if he got picked though.

On that note, I wouldn’t put it past Kevvie to select an in form O’Neill at centre. He’s playing every part as well as he was when he got selected a few years ago. I never thought he was close to origin standard and don’t know how he got picked but Walters likes him.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
My God Scott is delusional. Talking Origin when, on form, he should be in Queensland Cup.