Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 1 Cowboys (H) v Dragons - Teams & Discussion

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Update on Carlin Anderson who was stretchered off while playing for Mackay last week. Out for several months. Guy has no luck.

Cowboys spokesman said "Anderson suffered a severe concussion and a fracture of the T6. He’s out of hospital and at home resting. It’s still too early to put a time frame on his return, but we expect it to be several months."

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Update on Carlin Anderson who was stretchered off while playing for Mackay last week. Out for several months. Guy has no luck.

That's terrible news.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
the ref allowing play to continue was a f***ing disgrace.
I believe that’s the new rules, isn’t it? No stopping untill the trainer signals it’s bad enough to stop or some shit.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I believe that’s the new rules, isn’t it? No stopping untill the trainer signals it’s bad enough to stop or some shit.
pretty sure the trainer is signalling to the sideline for assistance just before the camera pans away to follow the play. Not sure if he was also calling tonthe ref for her to stop the game.

The trainer being in orange wouldn’t have helped matters either I guess as he would have blended in with the Easts players. The ref was not far when the incident occurrred, it showed a real lack of feel or understanding for the situation for mine.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Geeze that’s gotta be the end of the Carline Anderson experiment. The bloke is legit made of chalk.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the trainer is signalling to the sideline for assistance just before the camera pans away to follow the play. Not sure if he was also calling tonthe ref for her to stop the game.

The trainer being in orange wouldn’t have helped matters either I guess as he would have blended in with the Easts players. The ref was not far when the incident occurrred, it showed a real lack of feel or understanding for the situation for mine.
I think they’ll have to amend it to make it so the referee can stop the game if he thinks something bad has happened.

“Should a doctor be required on the field, the head trainer who performs the initial assessment of the player is to attract the attention of the nearest touch judge who can electronically communicate with the referee to advise the injury is of a serious nature."

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Green's selection press conference is up. Some points that stood out to me:

- He made a point to emphasise that the team was picked on form and he will carry that forward
- Feldty hurt his groin at training through the week and there's no definitive diagnosis or timeline for return yet
- He said there is little between Jake and TMM but they want more consistency out of Jake
- Molo is the fittest Green has ever seen him

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Geeze that’s gotta be the end of the Carline Anderson experiment. The bloke is legit made of chalk.
If you saw the incident and the knee I think you might retract that statement. Nothing to do with chalk it was an ugly incident and that new rule and the Ref's empathy should not go unnoticed.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

he copped a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae from the hit ffs.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score

he copped a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae from the hit ffs.
Have a look at his short career. It is littered with injury. The bloke is allergic to putting a good run of consecutive games together. I’m pretty sure this is his third serious injury in 12 months alone.

mrloiter

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Back for another year! Longest off season of my life!

Super optimistic for this game, loving the selections for the most part. I think Taumololo at lock is the only way to go, the second row experiment was an interesting but he belongs in the middle. Nene will have a great chance to cement his spot in the squad, and I am excited to see how Dunn can go off the bench. Hopefully he has a big year.

Only issues I have with the team, is the obvious lack of Feldty (hopefully it's just Greeny being precautionary) and lack of Ben Hampton in the 14. Not sure what more Hampton can do to prove he is NRL quality. I think Te Maire might secretly be Greeny's nephew or something?

I also think Scott's starting spot is more than likely a symbolic show of respect for him from Greeny. With the captaincy moving on to Morgan, and a few new younger props joining the club, I think this is Greeny telling him "You are still a valued leader of the team"

Saturday cannot come quick enough!

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
When I didn't see Feldt's name I was ready to rage quit the internet, thankfully it's a "forced" change.

I really like the look of that bench though, Dunny Bill looks like a real prospect.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Have a look at his short career. It is littered with injury. The bloke is allergic to putting a good run of consecutive games together. I’m pretty sure this is his third serious injury in 12 months alone.
They are unrelated injuries, I would say it's more bad luck than anything. Repeated injuries to the same limb are bigger concern IMO

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Green's selection press conference is up. Some points that stood out to me:

- He made a point to emphasise that the team was picked on form and he will carry that forward
- Feldty hurt his groin at training through the week and there's no definitive diagnosis or timeline for return yet
- He said there is little between Jake and TMM but they want more consistency out of Jake
- Molo is the fittest Green has ever seen him
Also mentioned Nene has had some challenges through the pre season, not sure if that means more than the one time late to training.

MPW_Fanboy

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Also mentioned Nene has had some challenges through the pre season, not sure if that means more than the one time late to training.
Probably referring to when he was bottled at a bar in Port Moresby and consequently threatened to never play for PNG again unless the offender was tracked down and charged.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Probably referring to when he was bottled at a bar in Port Moresby and consequently threatened to never play for PNG again unless the offender was tracked down and charged.
Could be that, it was before he started with the Cowboys though.