Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

Match 2019 Round 1 Cowboys (H) v Dragons - Teams & Discussion

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
the words were up on wall above Parries head....... :p

Good to see the song made the cut with all of them being scrutinized by the NRL to ensure they're G rated.

Ianc

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
TMM should have been aware that the ref was right there. It did impact their ability to stop the try and the ref was extremely close but that's the player's job to sort that.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
TMM should have been aware that the ref was right there. It did impact their ability to stop the try and the ref was extremely close but that's the player's job to sort that.
Yep. I’ve got no issues with it. Untill the referees start refereeing from a box in the stands, there’s always potential of them being in the way.

I can’t remember if TMM actually ran into the ref, but if he did, remember a few years back when that might’ve got you a suspension?

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Yep. I’ve got no issues with it. Untill the referees start refereeing from a box in the stands, there’s always potential of them being in the way.

I can’t remember if TMM actually ran into the ref, but if he did, remember a few years back when that might’ve got you a suspension?
you watch the tigers game yesterday? They had to overturn a Manly try because the ref collided with the Tigers fullback.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
For me, I think everybody improved somewhat over last year (obviously), even Granville with his runs from dummy half later in the game.

Morgan looks like Morgan from 2017. He seems to relish commanding the ship and not playing first mate. Totally in control, not overplaying his hand and not panicking. Very much like 2017, not interested in the brilliant plays, just slowly applying the screws.

Lolo doesn't play bad. He plays like a really good forward at his worst and at his best he is Super Saiyan God level.

Wasn't a fan of the Bowneil combination although they too played with intent.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of the Bowneil combination although they too played with intent.
Thought they did alright considering it was a last minute switch between Bowen and Feldt. Few brain explosions but hopefully should fine tune that with time. Javid had good carries.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Frizell had to have surgery on the old boys after the collision with Kahu

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Frizell had to have surgery on the old boys after the collision with Kahu

I can’t help but have a bit of a laugh. I couldn’t think of too much that’d be worse than that, and it makes me cringe a bit too, but there’s just something so funny about someone else getting hit in the nuts.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Although O'Neill had a few clangers, I thought in general he looked much improved, he was ripping in as hard as he can and making up for his mistakes.

A lot of players look a yard or two quicker than last year.

Bongohead667

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just imagine how last year could have been if Green had made Morgan the main man and made Thurston play more the supporting role that he always did with Cronk. JT was always so much better with a dominant Half to feed him the ball when needed. Morgan always seemed wasted in previous years because as he himself has said he just takes a backseat to JT and doesn't assert himself as he should. I'm excited for this year after last night was pure late 2017 Morgan.

Benchy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I can’t help but have a bit of a laugh. I couldn’t think of too much that’d be worse than that, and it makes me cringe a bit too, but there’s just something so funny about someone else getting hit in the nuts.
Let's just hope he doesn't have to go the Angus Creighton surgery option

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Let's just hope he doesn't have to go the Angus Creighton surgery option

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I wouldn't laugh/wish that on any guy, F .. I believe it was ruptured.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
Just imagine how last year could have been if Green had made Morgan the main man and made Thurston play more the supporting role that he always did with Cronk. JT was always so much better with a dominant Half to feed him the ball when needed. Morgan always seemed wasted in previous years because as he himself has said he just takes a backseat to JT and doesn't assert himself as he should. I'm excited for this year after last night was pure late 2017 Morgan.
Yeah, but JT would've made sure Coops got his 10/10.......& i would've collected $165

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Although O'Neill had a few clangers, I thought in general he looked much improved, he was ripping in as hard as he can and making up for his mistakes.

A lot of players look a yard or two quicker than last year.
How many clangers can you make before being dropped. Did he make the most for the team ?

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Would take a brave man to tell the GOAT that he is now the second fiddle playmaker in the side.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

I was absolutely shocked that Green didn't do that last season. It just made so much more sense, especially considering JT had been out for so long and it was his last year anyway. I've been a fan of Green throughout his time here but he come up with a pineapple with that decision imo.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Would take a brave man to tell the GOAT that he is now the second fiddle playmaker in the side.

He was only too happy to do it for QLD and Australia. He seemed to think the 6 jersey was more prestigious. It would've been good for his game as well imo as he'd lost a touch of acceleration.. found himself getting swamped flat footed at times. He'd have had a bit more space if he was a bit wider.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He was only too happy to do it for QLD and Australia. He seemed to think the 6 jersey was more prestigious. It would've been good for his game as well imo as he'd lost a touch of acceleration.. found himself getting swamped flat footed at times. He'd have had a bit more space if he was a bit wider.
pretty sure morgan only played 11 games in total last year, and 4 of them was from fullback. He was barely in the halves for Greenys tactics to be criticised tbh.

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
can one of the mods make the rd2 thread, I feel like throwing some shade at our little sister club.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
A bit different playing second fiddle at origin level than at a club land though. I get what you mean, I would have liked to have seen it.