Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Carlin Anderson plays scott drinkwater in the isc this weekend. Let's see the difference in quality...
These are the games where somebody like Carlin has the opportunity to show he has been hard done by. It is either he stands up and brings his A game or forever be doomed to mediocraty.

It's now or never.

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
According to Green on NRL on Fox we haven't signed Drinkwater

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Rumour that Storm are after Kata from the Warriors, could open up the path for signing Drinkwater.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Melbourne apparently trying to sign Gold Coast prop Max King by June 30. Hopefully this means they will release Drinkwater
Why is it, when the Storm wants someone, deals done.

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
My current musing, probably similar to others and yet different to even more.

Apologies for the long post. Cliff notes down the bottom for those who don’t want to read.

Our forwards, despite the plodders, are doing well. Getting up the field easily most of the time. Imagine what they would be like without the plodders and a few more hunger younger players?

Morgan did well last night. Rubbish first half but overall very good. Two try assists and two tries. Without him, we weren’t even a threat as we don’t have points in us. Our team rely far too much on him. I can’t think of a good team out there that has only the one player to rely on. The good teams have at least two very good or exceptional players in the spine and or at least one other gun back. Hell, the bad teams even have two dangerous players.

Drinkwater will be great for us (hopefully) being a ball playing fullback he will read the game well and position himself and the team accordingly.

Clifford is improving very slowly. His kicking is exceptional. Some of his options are bizarre. That conversion attempt was weird and terrible and if he took it back a bit could have won us the game, although he certainly didn’t lose it for us. I still can’t work him out. Reportedly 95kg and still 21. He will be close to 100kg in a couple of years with his frame. You can see he hasn’t filled out yet. A massive halfback as the average weight for a hb is 87kg. He won’t be able to play like a Cronk etc - smaller guy, darting run, supporting up the middle in broken play etc. So what is he? New prototype playmaker?

I agree with those who reckon we move away from buying established stars as our success rate with them has been patchy and they often come with baggage. We are 1 from 3 so far this year. Josh McFingers has been good, Barber and Holmes didn’t work out. We should continue to chase those hot prospects without getting into too deep of a bidding war. SOS was worth going after as he would have come cheap. He is apparently playing for Broncs this weekend so we can see what he has to offer. We didn’t go after Walker which was a good miss as he would have cost too much in a bidding war with the Roosters that lay the golden egg and is way too young. I think we have the right idea here although if we are going headhunting for prospects we cannot leave them in ISC as they often seem to go backwards. Hamiso should spend a little amount of time as possible in that comp.

Cliffnotes

Forwards are promising despite plodders

We need at least two danger men to support Morgan

Clifford maybe is one of those, I still can’t get a read on him.

Buy hot prospects not established stars or hyperbole prospects