Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
What he couldn't afford for her to quit?
I might have an old fashioned view of marriage & it may have been a few years ago now, but I do remember wanting to tap the bride on a regular basis.
Maybe they have an 'open' marriage

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
she owns a business with her sister in Tvl.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
It's probably going to take him ages to come good when he's back anyway. Always seems to be the case for players that have been away from the game. Hayne, Will Hopoate, Burgess.. I guess SBW was pretty good straight away but he's a freak. I'd be concerned about the extra muscle he's putting on (it completely ruined Hayne) - NFL don't even adhere to the WADA code. It's good for short, sharp bursts which you need in the NFL but the NRL is so endurance based in comparison.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What he couldn't afford for her to quit?
I might have an old fashioned view of marriage & it may have been a few years ago now, but I do remember wanting to tap the bride on a regular basis.
Maybe they have an 'open' marriage

It might come as a shock to you then, that some women don’t want to JUST be a wife. Women can have their own hopes and dreams, and for some women, their partners dream doesn’t necessarily outweigh their own.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
It's probably going to take him ages to come good when he's back anyway. Always seems to be the case for players that have been away from the game. Hayne, Will Hopoate, Burgess.. I guess SBW was pretty good straight away but he's a freak. I'd be concerned about the extra muscle he's putting on (it completely ruined Hayne) - NFL don't even adhere to the WADA code. It's good for short, sharp bursts which you need in the NFL but the NRL is so endurance based in comparison.
It may take him a while, but I’m not sure Hayne is really a quality comparison. Hayne has been reportedly known as a lazy trainer, so it was possibly harder for him to drop back to the ideal shape due to this. With a good work ethic and some quality guidance, I think a “good” trainer could manage the transition a fair bit quicker.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
she owns a business with her sister in Tvl.
I didn't know that
It might come as a shock to you then, that some women don’t want to JUST be a wife. Women can have their own hopes and dreams, and for some women, their partners dream doesn’t necessarily outweigh their own.
No it doesn't come as a surprise to me, I spose in that case it's curious to me as to why actually get "married" then
Each to their own. I wasn't aware she wasn't with him considering they were only recently married so I believe.
I don't give a rats either way tbh, to me the whole "nfl dream" is doomed to failure, imo

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Hamiso signed until the end of 2022. Nice interview with him too, he seems level headed.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good to see we have him locked in for a while. Also great to have a mentor like Bowen so early in his career.

That he's actually from NQ is a huge advantage as well.. it always helps when they have an affinity for the region - it's not for everyone up here. It's only one interview but looks like he has the right attitude.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Hamiso signed until the end of 2022. Nice interview with him too, he seems level headed.

Seems like a humble bloke, let's not f*** this one up please.

And for the love of god can we get JT to shake this guy's hand

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score

He is big enough to play on the wing so I hope they can transition him into first grade on the wing next year. I would love him to get a run this year in QLD cup, but the blackhawks wingers are pretty good so it might be a bit hard to break in.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
You do know that there are people quite capable of having a marriage where partners work away from home without the innuendo of an 'open' relation
You're possibly right & my comments were based around the fact that i wasnt aware of the situation with him over there & her here, which was my first question, I'm afraid i dont really follow the social pages of the players wags as it is of no interest to me.
But seeing how people seem to be wanting to express that women can have careers etc & marriage, what i will say is that my wife is a counsellor, who specialized in pre-nuptial counselling & early marriage is considered to be like early childhood, in that nuturing & involvement is critical for long term success & the old adage "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is bullshit & will in actual fact contribute more to failure than success.

Personally, i've gone a bit cold on holmes, the whole nfl thing smells of self-centredness

Thurman Merman

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score

At some stage late in his career he'll be on the decline and should be moved on. You've all been warned...