Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Is it groundhog day??????
Sure i've read something similar on here once before...........

It'll come to me eventually ;)
Lol. Hastings had an attitude problem. Barba had a drug problem as well as a domestic violence problem. Quite a big difference.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
He’s coming third in the super leagues man of steel lol, and you’d rather O’Sullivan who is BOG average in QCup? Geeze.

1. Morgan
6. Hastings
7. Clifford
9. Robson

A lot of potential in that spine.
C'mon man. What does that make Clifford bog average × 2?

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
C'mon man. What does that make Clifford bog average × 2?
Have you watched any footage at all of O’Sullivan? 2 clubs in the space of 8 months have been willing to let him go from their roster. His QCup performances so far have been that good that he managed to get leapfrogged by a kid who so far has virtually offered nothing to the Broncos, outside of being sound defensively.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

Article about TMM that says he may miss the rest of the season. Fingers crossed for him, sounds incredibly frustrating.

If this is the case I can see why we would be pursuing someone like DWZ. Kahu is the only FB option and we are looking skinny out wide.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
Have you watched any footage at all of O’Sullivan? 2 clubs in the space of 8 months have been willing to let him go from their roster. His QCup performances so far have been that good that he managed to get leapfrogged by a kid who so far has virtually offered nothing to the Broncos, outside of being sound defensively.
I've seen footage. It's not that I think he is super but your arguements for excluding him should be applied equally. In which case, based on QCup form, Clifford has less chance in being selected.

The more options we have the better. ATM we have very few as Green doesn't want Clifford in the team.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
I've seen footage. It's not that I think he is super but your arguements for excluding him should be applied equally. In which case, based on QCup form, Clifford has less chance in being selected.

The more options we have the better. ATM we have very few as Green doesn't want Clifford in the team.
What footage?? North’s have barely had a televised game all season, think they’ve had 1 from memory. I’m basing my judgement on Clifford from what I have seen of him in first grade. He was a strong contributor in our upset win in NZ, and was one of our better players in a well beaten side against the Dogs.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score

Article about TMM that says he may miss the rest of the season. Fingers crossed for him, sounds incredibly frustrating.

If this is the case I can see why we would be pursuing someone like DWZ. Kahu is the only FB option and we are looking skinny out wide.
Hope TMM gets some good news in a couple of weeks.

Not sure on the rules but I wonder if we can get more squad spots due to injury. Nene, TMM and Hampton are all gone long term.

Last edited:

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
What footage?? North’s have barely had a televised game all season, think they’ve had 1 from memory. I’m basing my judgement on Clifford from what I have seen of him in first grade. He was a strong contributor in our upset win in NZ, and was one of our better players in a well beaten side against the Dogs.
You can find footage on the intrust cup website if you want to look. Has him in the top 5 plays of the week just passed. Old footage can be found from last years residents game at second SOO. He was man of the match with 5 try assists and some other stuff. However current form is best indicator of current form and his is pretty good.

Mark O Mac

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What laws did Hastings break in his time in the NRL?
No idea. Don’t really know anything about him. But there must have been some issues if he got sacked by two clubs and was forced to go to Super League. If it was a minor issue, and he’s as talented as claimed, he’d have been snapped up by an NRL team, wouldn’t he?

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
No idea. Don’t really know anything about him. But there must have been some issues if he got sacked by two clubs and was forced to go to Super League. If it was a minor issue, and he’s as talented as claimed, he’d have been snapped up by an NRL team, wouldn’t he?
He wasn’t sacked. He got on the wrong side of DCE and Barrett after he broke a curfew. He got an offer mid season that he couldn’t refuse over at Salford and he took it. Judging by a lot of those throwing him in the Barba basket despite not actually committing any crimes, I’d love to know the tricks to the trade on how to be perfect?

Hastings went to salford towards the end of their season who were facing relegation. He ended up being the difference steering them to safety becoming a fan favourite getting chaired off by the supporters when survival was secured. Often spends a lot of his spare time at junior league clubs helping out at training passing his knowledge on. Looked after himself in the off season and returned to pre season salfords fittest player in their squad. His club were supposed to be whipping boys this season with newly promoted Broncos but has led them to a respectable start where they are in finals contention and as a result, he sits third in their man of steel standings. He’s clearly talented. And he’s clearly used his time over there to adjust his attitude and grow up.

You can find footage on the intrust cup website if you want to look. Has him in the top 5 plays of the week just passed. Old footage can be found from last years residents game at second SOO. He was man of the match with 5 try assists and some other stuff. However current form is best indicator of current form and his is pretty good.
So you’ve been tracking a player all season who up until a few days ago had no link to this club? Seems random. His form wasn’t even good enough to stop a school boy from leap frogging him into the vacant halfback spot at Brisbane. He is playing in the channel 9 game this weekend, so feel free to watch an actual full game of his before letting us know how much better he is than Clifford based on 2 minute highlight packages.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
What is your issue with Tom Deardon, that kid is a freak and far more than a 'school boy'.

Posted here before the issue with Clifford is him breaking team defensive rules, that is why he is not in NRL.
I'm not suggesting that SOS is better than Clifford, but dissing him because Tom Deardon has leapfrogged him is bit rough.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
What is your issue with Tom Deardon, that kid is a freak and far more than a 'school boy'.

Posted here before the issue with Clifford is him breaking team defensive rules, that is why he is not in NRL.
I'm not suggesting that SOS is better than Clifford, but dissing him because Tom Deardon has leapfrogged him is bit rough.
A freak? What has he done in first grade so far to earn that title? He’s been defensively good, but outside of that he’s barely contributed to his side. He’s being selected purely on his potential in the hope it fast tracks his development.

Chemicalspill

Bench Warmer
Donor
Reaction score
So you’ve been tracking a player all season who up until a few days ago had no link to this club? Seems random.
Stop making things up please. I certainly haven't been following him all year. Since, it was rumoured that he was linked to this club, I did a bit of digging because I hoping for some good fortune for our team. Read a number of reports and he seems like he could be a goer. I also watched footage and more than two minutes. Did you know you can look at game summaries all the way back to Rd 1. He has a good hand in a number of tries and plays up in the line.

Mostly however, I have used stats. We use stats all year to make assessments re: players form (thanks to Minto) and all of a sudden stats aren't good enough because it doesn't suit your point of view?

I get it though, you don't like him and don't want him.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Stop making things up please. I certainly haven't been following him all year. Since, it was rumoured that he was linked to this club, I did a bit of digging because I hoping for some good fortune for our team. Read a number of reports and he seems like he could be a goer. I also watched footage and more than two minutes. Did you know you can look at game summaries all the way back to Rd 1. He has a good hand in a number of tries and plays up in the line.

Mostly however, I have used stats. We use stats all year to make assessments re: players form (thanks to Minto) and all of a sudden stats aren't good enough because it doesn't suit your point of view?

I get it though, you don't like him and don't want him.
So just to confirm you’ve never watched an entire game O’Sullivan has played, yet are still more than happy to declare him better than Clifford based off some stats off a website? Statistics don’t always tell the full picture. You wouldn’t know what the full picture looks like though given the most you’ve seen of him is a 2 minute highlights clip on YouTube.

I never said I didn’t want him. I said that if we did happen to sign him, that he doesn’t automatically overtake Clifford, and he is made to earn his jersey in QCup.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I never said I didn’t want him. I said that if we did happen to sign him, that he doesn’t automatically overtake Clifford, and he is made to earn his jersey in QCup.
You've made a dozen posts about how bad O'Sullivan is, but you do want us to sign him?

Status
Not open for further replies.