Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Just bizarre isn’t it. Tells me they are sensitive to the criticism he was getting.
They have been quiet about everything, I don't think you can read anything specific into it. We didn't know what was wrong with Feldt until after he returned.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
They are usually quiet about injuries but every re-signing has been announced on the site/social media. The whole O’Neill thing is weird considering the site mentioned his one year option a few times. The media team must not have known either.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
They are usually quiet about injuries but every re-signing has been announced on the site/social media. The whole O’Neill thing is weird considering the site mentioned his one year option a few times. The media team must not have known either.
Is there much of a media team around these days? Look at the web site, 99% of the content is curated from Fox Sports or NRL.com

The only thing that gets regularly drip-fed out is photo galleries and the weekly press conferences.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Is there much of a media team around these days? Look at the web site, 99% of the content is curated from Fox Sports or NRL.com

The only thing that gets regularly drip-fed out is photo galleries and the weekly press conferences.
I’ve stopped watching end of game press conferences because you can’t hear the questions being asked. One would think the NRL/Clubs could invest in a microphone for the press gallery at these briefings.
Media team, what team its all about flogging merchandise.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings has been killing it in the Super League and is apparently getting some interest from a non sydney club to return to the NRL. Bloody hope it’s us. He’s a real talent, and has matured a hell of a lot since his Roosters days.
oh ffs no.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Still wouldn't take him over Cliffo or SOS though
He’s coming third in the super leagues man of steel lol, and you’d rather O’Sullivan who is BOG average in QCup? Geeze.

1. Morgan
6. Hastings
7. Clifford
9. Robson

A lot of potential in that spine.

dakapayne

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
A lot of potential for his big head to ruin team chemistry. Pass.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
He’s coming third in the super leagues man of steel lol, and you’d rather O’Sullivan who is BOG average in QCup? Geeze.

1. Morgan
6. Hastings
7. Clifford
9. Robson

A lot of potential in that spine.
Morgan is never moving back to fullback. He’s said he’s not playing fullback and he is a senior player with a say now.

We don’t need him getting battered on kick returns when he is so valuable as a half back.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Morgan is never moving back to fullback. He’s said he’s not playing fullback and he is a senior player with a say now.

We don’t need him getting battered on kick returns when he is so valuable as a half back.
He said he would move there if Green told him to. Morgan ruled it out this pre season because he felt comfortable at halfback after training there all pre season. He either gets battered defending in the front line, or in kick returns, you can’t hide from contact. Morgan is not a natural halfback. He’s at his best when he’s running the ball IMO.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
He said he would move there if Green told him to. Morgan ruled it out this pre season because he felt comfortable at halfback after training there all pre season. He either gets battered defending in the front line, or in kick returns, you can’t hide from contact. Morgan is not a natural halfback. He’s at his best when he’s running the ball IMO.
He definitely is a natural half back as he showed during the 2017 finals run.

Post/without-JT we play our best footy with Morgan at 7.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
He definitely is a natural half back as he showed during the 2017 finals run.

Post/without-JT we play our best footy with Morgan at 7.
He played most of his junior footy at centre and 5/8 and made junior rep sides as a 5/8. He’s been manufactured into a halfback. Those three games at the end of 2017 were great, but a bit of an outlier. We haven’t seen that type of form since, but people are willing to hold their breath waiting for it to return. Don’t get me wrong he’s a handy halfback. But IMO he’s at his best receiving the ball as second receiver and when he runs the footy. I’m not sure if his vision in terms of being ahead of the game, and organising are Morgo’s biggest strengths. Playing eyes up footy is IMO.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
A fair bit of re-writing history going on. Morgan has been good at halfback for much more than 3 games and he played u20's at halfback.

In saying that, I'm not against trying him at 6 with Cliffo at 7.

Cliffo needs his hands on the ball as much as possible and he looked a bit lost playing 2nd fiddle in first grade, Morgo could still be dominant when he wants it, but pick his moments.

Last edited:

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
A fair bit of re-writing history going on. Morgan has been good at halfback for much more than 3 games and he played u20's and his early NRL career at halfback (though he didn't set the world on fire).
How have I re-written history? He developed his footy as a kid for Brothers playing primarily centre and 5/8 making junior QLD sides as the latter. He played a lot of his early footy in our 20’s system at 5/8, until his last year where he moved to halfback. I pointed this out to refute the point that he is a natural halfback. History hasn’t been re-written at all.

Morgan has been good for us at halfback, but a little inconsistent. There’s been a few games where he has drifted out of and failed to step up. We definitely haven’t seen him recapture his form that he showed in those three finals leading up to the 2017 grand final. Like I said in my previous post, I believe he plays his best footy at 5/8, and that is where I’d like to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.