Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

samuraipolice

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
That paperhouseman from the storm is supposedly going to test the market after this year. I reckon we make a move.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
IMO recruitment is not the big issue for us atm, it's retention, the club need a razor gang to come in & clean house.
I love some of these players, but to paraphrase whitlam "it's time"
Cut the following immediately
Thumper
Coops
Bolts
Granville
Hess (maybe give him one more year without the geriatrics)
O'Neil
TMM
Baptiste (he's no better than Granville)
Kahu
The others one year contrscts

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Dylan Edwards is a clear NO after watching him tonight. How bad are Penrith going ?

Binky

Junior
Reaction score
Makes you wonder, something must be sour behind the scenes possibly still hangovers from the sextape scandals, that most likely cause a bit of friction between all their players. You never know though, look how well Nikorima went tonight, sometimes a change of club can reinvigorate a player.

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Makes you wonder, something must be sour behind the scenes possibly still hangovers from the sextape scandals, that most likely cause a bit of friction between all their players. You never know though, look how well Nikorima went tonight, sometimes a change of club can reinvigorate a player.
I think Broncs got rid of the wrong half.

Reactions: CC

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Broncos are doing the right thing. All their young guys are getting the necessary experience. Can you imagine Green playing so many young guys like Haas, Deardon, Fifita, and Flegler. All those guys are under 20 years of age.

Broncos will be really good in 2 or 3 years because their gun kids are be allowed to make their mistakes now by playing them.

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
They seem to be going well against the roosters atm though
True that, but Milford is missing for most of the game so far. He'll do some steppy sh#t later on and Darren will give him a SOO jersey.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Broncos are doing the right thing. All their young guys are getting the necessary experience. Can you imagine Green playing so many young guys like Haas, Deardon, Fifita, and Flegler. All those guys are under 20 years of age.
Broncos will be really good in 2 or 3 years because their gun kids are be allowed to make their mistakes now by playing them.
Seriously impressive performance by the donkeys. Seibold has made some real big calls with his selection, and placed a lot faith in the youth of his squad and tonight we saw what they’re capable of. Hats off to him and his club.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Meh. Roosters were coming off a 5 day back up where they played most of their game last Sunday with only 14 players. Was also a back-to-back away game. No Cordner.

They were ripe for the taking.

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
So there was no announcement last year regarding Hess signing a long term contract either? Always figured he was off-contract at the end of this season...

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
So there was no announcement last year regarding Hess signing a long term contract either? Always figured he was off-contract at the end of this season...
There was

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I ripped into my Manly fan mate for them playing the Broncos into form last week. Whatever way you look at it the Roosters are a pretty decent scalp. Injuries or not they usually always seem to play well. They had heaps of players out against the Storm as well and it didn't stop them then.

CC

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but that was the best game of footy I've seen in a long time, felt like origin.
What ever Alfie puts in their water, can the cows get some, that's the way a footy teams wins.
When will the NRL realize that the donkeys play with an extra player on the field when they are attacking?