Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Wigan Warriors are chasing Jensen for next year. Might explain why he’s not getting s run
IMO he's a tad over-rated in these parts. Didn't show anything special in the three games he played for us earlier in the year IMO. And the previous two seasons for that matter, again IMO.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
IMO he's a tad over-rated in these parts. Didn't show anything special in the three games he played for us earlier in the year IMO. And the previous two seasons for that matter, again IMO.
He only got 13, 17 and 26 minutes in those 3 appearances. I thought against the Storm (where he actually got a bit more time) he was great.

Last year he averaged 88 metres coming off the bench in all but two games and rarely missed a tackle. I don't what more you'd want out of a bench prop in his second year of first grade. I have no doubt he'd be putting up big numbers every week if he was getting 45-50 minutes a game.

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
He only got 13, 17 and 26 minutes in those 3 appearances. I thought against the Storm (where he actually got a bit more time) he was great.

Last year he averaged 88 metres coming off the bench in all but two games and rarely missed a tackle. I don't what more you'd want out of a bench prop in his second year of first grade. I have no doubt he'd be putting up big numbers every week if he was getting 45-50 minutes a game.
But he doesn't step like Ponga. Footy players are only as good as their highlight reels.

Jagjaxon

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Statistics aside he always does the one percenters as well. Quick play the balls, going to ground on elbows and knees, runs with urgency, etc.

MPW_Fanboy

First Grader
Reaction score
Nobody is calling for him to be picked for Australia or Queensland. People just believe that he should be playing first grade on a consistent basis, especially at a club who have 2 ageing props that look less and less first grade quality with each game they play.

His last game for us against Melbourne was exceptional. He and Molo really made a big difference when they come on and marched through Melbournes middle. He didn’t deserved to be dropped off the back of that effort.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Jensen should take the money in Super League. Would kill it over there.

Wigan are pretty smart targeting someone like him. A guy who perhaps isn’t an elite prop in the NRL, but is more than capable and is in the prime of his career.

Desert Qlder

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Take the money and run Corey. Your career is going nowhere at the North Queensland Cowboys.

Would be an unfortunate loss for us fans though.

Revivous

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Might be a blessing in disguise. He goes over there, kills it, gets his confidence up and comes back home.

Everyone at the club always talks about how he is legit the strongest dude in the team - it would be such a shame to lose him.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Weird that Jensen is apparently being shopped around to Superleague clubs, you'd think he'd be able to get a run somewhere in the NRL. Maybe he wants to travel.

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
Might be a blessing in disguise. He goes over there, kills it, gets his confidence up and comes back home.

Everyone at the club always talks about how he is legit the strongest dude in the team - it would be such a shame to lose him.
From what I have seen - his confidence is already up - Green just prefers to have statue Scott out there!

NSW_Cowboy

First Grader
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Head down to Jack Manski Oval at 11:30am Saturday morning and watch the cowboys future #1 run around. Might be a year or two away, but as long as his head is in the right place, he will be a star.

Chemicalspill

Qld Cup Player
Donor
Reaction score
Head down to Jack Manski Oval at 11:30am Saturday morning and watch the cowboys future #1 run around. Might be a year or two away, but as long as his head is in the right place, he will be a star.
Who? Don't keep us in suspense. Just watching that Papenhuyzen cut it up tonight and rue the fact we don't have speedy dangerous fullback.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
He's talking about Hamiso. As a fanbase we need to come up with a catchy nickname asap because i can't be f****d spelling out his name fully

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
You’re right and wrong.
It’s 11.30am SUNDAY

Hammer Time Hamiso is an absolute freak. I have been banging on about him all year. Turns 18 in September. Currently playing u/20s.
Signed long term with Cowboys, they have an extremely high opinion of him. A larger bodied Matty Bowen.
Likely to be QLD schoolboys fullback.

Minto

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Likely to be QLD schoolboys fullback.
Yep, will probably also be the Qld U18s fullback and will probably be an Australian Schoolboy as well.

Killed it in MM Cup, 13 tries in 6 games, then scored a hat trick in his U20s debut a few weeks ago. Get around him.