Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Beaves NQ

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Why the f*** did we sign Jake for 3 years??????!!! A one year extension to get us through this year until a suitable alternative was found or Granville proved himself in 2019 that he was worth another 3 years would have been a more platable outcome than just throwing 3 years at him like we did.

f***ing unbelievable tbh.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
His best bet is to cash in and go over to the Super league. He’d go well over there.
My thoughts exactly let's see what happens. Jake was good at the start
Seeing lomax's role with the drags and the absolute state of our back line we'd be bananas not to at least have a go at him.
McGregor is nuts he is not playing him good centre and a very good goal kicker a big improvement on kahu.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Seeing lomax's role with the drags and the absolute state of our back line we'd be bananas not to at least have a go at him.
A centre/wing pairing of:

2. Nene
3. Lomax
4. Tuala
5. Feldt

is seriously tantalising in terms of our attack.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
And while you’re at it, put Hamiso at 1.

Jax

Origin Rep
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Jake must be freaking out. He hasn't had this much pressure on him in quite some time. He probably had the voodoo doll out on Chudleigh and Cotter over the years with their ACL injuries so hasn't really had to worry about his position too much. Will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets this week after Baptiste had a pretty decent stint against the Storm.
For mine, Jake is the least stressed player in the NRL in terms of losing his starting spot.

Do I agree this should be the case.

I'll give you one guess

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
This yr is a big year for the side I believe their is alot of older players past their prime i would move on. Of the 2015 grand final side I would like to see only 4 or 5 of the 17 in the side next yr. Feldt , morgan, asiata, Jase and maybe cooper. Our whole side needs a makeover backs and forwards. Their is a few good younger players of contract this yr and with our standout juniors I can't see why we can not build a side from that.

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno,
For mine, Jake is the least stressed player in the NRL in terms of losing his starting spot.

Do I agree this should be the case.

I'll give you one guess
I think it's a bit of a myth that Green still loves him. He was playing off the bench quite a bit in 2016 behind Kosty. Then we lost Kosty and Chudleigh did his ACL twice and we haven't really had a good replacement until now.

I think if Robson signs there's a good chance he'll be playing first grade. He's an 80 minute player too.

MPW_Fanboy

Sent Off
Reaction score
Off contract at the end of 2019:

Carlin Anderson
Kurt Baptiste
Scott Bolton
Javid Bowen
Gavin Cooper
Ben Hampton
Corey Jensen
Jordan Kahu
Te Maire Martin
Gideon Mosby-Gela,
Justin O'Neill
Matthew Scott
Enari Tuala

From that list I would probably only like us to re-sign 6 (Anderson, Baptise, GGM, Hampton, Jensen, Tuala). However that said, I don’t think the like of Parr/Green and the board have the balls to part ways with Thumper/Coops/Bolton and begin a new era with our younger forwards so can see at least one of them getting a 1 year extension.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Good signing, I was trying to remember this guy's name the other day. Don't know if it's on the cards but it would be phenomenal if we could get him up here this season.

Metro

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Why the f*** did we sign Jake for 3 years??????!!! A one year extension to get us through this year until a suitable alternative was found or Granville proved himself in 2019 that he was worth another 3 years would have been a more platable outcome than just throwing 3 years at him like we did.

f***ing unbelievable tbh.
Jake will get pushed out the door by the looks of it. But yes - was absolutely a bad decision signing him for so long.

aqua

Qld Cup Player
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Jake will get pushed out the door by the looks of it. But yes - was absolutely a bad decision signing him for so long.
It's only 450k a season as well. Absolute stupid of the club to offer a 3 year contract.

Rudi

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member