Hey, you! Yeah, YOU! Register now for your free account, it's quick and easy to sign up.

You'll gain access to the full features of the site and you can jump in with your comments whenever you want. It's a no brainer!

2019 Recruitment and Retention Thread

Jax

Captain
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Izzy Folau looks like he might be a free agent soon

jhack13

Captain
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Zammit is good. Parr and Green are the ones who let them go. I made mention of it, even at our best, that we were piss poor in retaining our youngsters and now everyone seems to agree. Copped a bit of flak for mentioning it a couple of years back when we had lost Ponga, Smith, Hughes, Martin, Segeyaro, Rona, Kaufusi and Kikau etc in the years prior.

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
Zammit is good. Parr and Green are the ones who let them go. I made mention of it, even at our best, that we were piss poor in retaining our youngsters and now everyone seems to agree. Copped a bit of flak for mentioning it a couple of years back when we had lost Ponga, Smith, Hughes, Martin, Segeyaro, Rona, Kaufusi and Kikau etc in the years prior.
I wouldn't mind Tariq Sims back right now.

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score

BDR

Staff member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
There is a bit of a difference between violence against women, and condemning a way of life that isn’t in accordance with his religion. There were many other groups of people that he said would go to the imaginary place that is hell, but only one particular group that the outrage call out community are making victims in all of this.

I would welcome Izzy to the club with open arms. At the end of the day he doesn’t agree with a particular life style, and that’s where it ends. It’s not as if he’s throwing those people off rooftops, or stoning them to death.
Fine to discuss the merits of signing Folau but let me preempt this discussion and say we won't have any debates about the validity of religion or sexuality on here thanks.

Cowboy Pete

First Grader
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
The way we are going I would welcome ' The devil Incarnate " himself. One door closes and another opens. We are a football team, we have had a few bad boys let us down, I see no harm trying the other side.

crayne07

First Grader
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Never going to happen...........

He is feuding with the code. There's no way that the NRL will want any more negative publicity.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Joshpryor87

Origin Rep
5 Year Member
Reaction score
I doubt Israel Folau and his wife would want to live in Townsville.

Moggy

First Grader
Donor
Reaction score
He was alright, until now he's into the drunks :bawling:, whats a man to do,

next he'll be picking on the meek

Think I'll just follow Jesus' example & hang out with the working girls ;);)

Metro

Qld Cup Player
Reaction score
I’d be happy to sign Folau until the end of the season. Doubt he’d want to stay longer than that but we have the cap room to play him this season.

Jordan

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
We definitely should sign that crazy mormon. As long as he plays on Sunday's I'm down.

rexy

Bench Warmer
5 Year Member
Donor
Reaction score
Sign him only after he spends the weekend in a room full of mirrors with ex cowboy Totally IAN ROBERTS!
YES.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk